Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#586   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 06:29
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 196/168/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Well I just started SB one week ago today.......I was previously on Atkins and lost just 6 lbs in the first month...but could not take all the fat......I have lost in just one week 6 lbs. on Phase 1.....this gives me lots of motivation....this first week has not been difficult at all.....hope the second one is just as good....I know it will slow down that's OK with me....
Thanks to everyone that gives such motivation to us newcomers.....y'all are the best.....
Darlene
Sponsored Links
  #587   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 06:59
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_lady
Well I just started SB one week ago today.......I was previously on Atkins and lost just 6 lbs in the first month...but could not take all the fat......I have lost in just one week 6 lbs. on Phase 1.....this gives me lots of motivation....this first week has not been difficult at all.....hope the second one is just as good....I know it will slow down that's OK with me....
Thanks to everyone that gives such motivation to us newcomers.....y'all are the best.....
Darlene

Thats a great first week Darlene!! Congrats!!
  #588   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 07:00
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

dble post...

Last edited by Judynyc : Thu, Apr-26-07 at 14:56. Reason: oops..dble post sorry
  #589   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 07:31

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

WTG Darlene! I love SB too! I can't see changing to anything different now that I've found it!
  #590   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 12:49

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165/135.1/130 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:36%/27.5%/26%
Progress: 85%

Congratulations and welcome, Darlene! I hope you find this board to be as supportive and helpful as I have! Keep it up, girl!
  #591   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 14:11
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for all the wonderful replies.....I know my success will be much easier with all the help you folks give.....
Thank you once again.....
  #592   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 07:19

Plan: South Beach-Phase 2
Stats: 200/175/150 Female 68 in
BF:30/26.6/21
Progress: 50%

I finally weighed myself after starting Phase 1 last Monday (4-23). I lost 6 lbs! I am sooo excited and more motivated than ever. I can see and feel the difference already. My DH has too. He is proud of me and I am too. If I can match that weight loss this 2nd week of Phase 1, I will be so happy. That will get me to my first goal of fitting into my first round of too tight clothes. I haven't worn them since my 2nd daughter was born. I put on all this weight after stopping nursing and starting a horribly stressful job. Now, things are different and I am in the best situation now to take care of myself again. I feel blessed...
  #593   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 07:26
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira
I finally weighed myself after starting Phase 1 last Monday (4-23). I lost 6 lbs! I am sooo excited and more motivated than ever. I can see and feel the difference already. My DH has too. He is proud of me and I am too. If I can match that weight loss this 2nd wee
k of Phase 1, I will be so happy. That will get me to my first goal of fitting into my first round of too tight clothes. I haven't worn them since my 2nd daughter was born. I put on all this weight after stopping nursing and starting a horribly stressful job. Now, things are different and I am in the best situation now to take care of myself again. I feel blessed...

That is great.....I started SB almost two weeks ago and also lost 6 lbs. my first week......my next weigh-in is Thursday....that will be my two weeks on Phase 1 then I start with Phase 2......keep up with your wonderful start and you will be at your goal weight in no time....Congrats......
Darlene
  #594   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 07:45

Thanks, Ohio Lady!
Your stats seem very similar to mine. I am really motivated this week. I am following everything to the tee, again. Congrats to you too! I read your weigh-in post from earlier- it was uncanny how we both lost the same amt of weight at the same time. Where in OH are you from? I am from Broadview Hts, near Cleveland. I moved to FL in 1999.
  #595   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 08:34
Registered Member

BF:

I am originally from Alabama but moved to the Columbus OH area about 15 yrs. ago.....DH is getting ready to retire and we are looking at places to move back down south........

I don't think I have lost as much weight this second week but as long as I am losing that is fine with me......so keep up the good work and we will compare notes......
  #596   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 09:56

Sounds Good! I'll talk to you soon!
  #597   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 15:04

Stats: 280/211/200 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Time for another brag - it's been a while.

I went to a house party Friday night. A few people who I used to hang out with at local pubs showed up. They came in and said hi to everyone standing around me and completley ignored me. After about 10 minutes they came over, mouths wide open, after someone told them who i was. They just didn't recognize me after having lost that weight. It made me feel better for those nights drinking water and eating salad at the pubs while they enjoyed the guiness and fish n chips.
  #598   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 15:52

Awesome, Iceman! What a fun reaction! Speaking for myself, motivation got a LOT easier when people actually started noticing the change I was making. Keep up the good work!

Congrats to you, too, Keira!
  #599   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 10:46
Registered Member

BF:

Well folks I weighed myself this morning....have not stepped on the scales in over a week as I went on vacation and made some slips.....but lo and behold I have lost another 2 lbs....yep......yea for me.....I am so proud of myself and could not have done it without all the help and support you folks give.....Thanks bunches....
Darlene
  #600   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 11:33

Woohoo, Darlene! Congrats on another two pounds gone forever--way to go!