Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 23:59

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%

HEy, what do you guys think of this link. It says the Coconut Oil is what movie0-theatres use to pop their corn. They sell it for very cheap, like $10 gallon. This is as opposed to the other web-site which has it for like $60!!! This is to big a difference for me to not take notice, even though the more expenisve site is the one touting it's benefits, and the less expensive one is like a movie theatre site or something. Well, anyways, someone check this out ASAP and let me know if it is the same thing at 1/6 the price. k ?

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/snappyp.../cocpopoil.html

thanks, lates
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 01:12

Plan: atkins maybe body opus
Stats: 195/190/175
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default about pop corn oil

I WOULD READ THE LABEL FIRST.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 10:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/206/185
BF:
Progress: 70%

Still tired. Waking temp 96.3 9:00am temp 97.

Has anyone else tried the coconut oil yet?
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 10:14

Plan: Atkins mainly
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

No, but I probably will soon...

So, regardless of doing a CKD or not, what you all are saying is that it might be a good way to speed up anyone's metabolism and therefore burn fat???
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 13:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by not2fat
So, regardless of doing a CKD or not, what you all are saying is that it might be a good way to speed up anyone's metabolism and therefore burn fat???

That is correct. If this is what is speeding up my metabolism it could be very beneficial to anyone who is stalled or has slowed their metabolism by eating too little etc.

It could also be a way for those who have problems with thermogenics like xenadrine and others with ephedrine.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 21:59

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by billw

That is correct. If this is what is speeding up my metabolism it could be very beneficial to anyone who is stalled or has slowed their metabolism by eating too little etc.

It could also be a way for those who have problems with thermogenics like xenadrine and others with ephedrine.

Billw, did you get a chance to look at this website??

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/snappyp.../cocpopoil.html

Caus I think you mentioned that you bought some at a health food store, but I went to Henries, the only one near men, and they only had coconut skin lotion. So I am going to have to buy some off the internet caus I wanna try it, and if you buy it as a health supplement, it is mad expensive, but this popcorn place has it for cooking popcorn in, for really really cheap. Like I think if they realized how cheap it was they would change their price or something.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 06:31

BF:

cmorera,

I just took a look. It is cheap but they had no other info about the ingredients. I would like to know if there was anything else in the oil. It obviously has to be edible since during popping some of the oil will get on the popcorn.

The jar that I got at the health food store was also labeled as a skin or hair cream. I talked with the 2 employees there and they said it was 100% pure coconut oil with no additives. I was hesitant to buy it myself but after reading the label again and seeing that it was only $4 (hell I spent $30 on a bottle of thyrolean and it hasn't seemed to do anything for me yet but make me sweat more )

When I got home I checked companys web site and it was listed in the culinary oil section.

after my initial results I ordered a small jar from http://www.coconut-info.com/purchase.htm to see if there was really any difference in taste or quality. It arrived yesterday but I havn't had a chance to chek it out yet.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 06:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by billw

Sheesh! I was so tired I could't even finish my sentence.

What I was trying to say was it may be able to be used like a thermogenic to boost the metabolism for people who have problems with ECA stack type products.

Yesterdays highest temp was 98 at noon and dropped to 97 by bedtime. I have decided to begin taking the coconut oil again since my metabolism seems to be slowing back down without it. What I plan to do this next week is since I am travelling to Chicago for work I will take a break from excercising and just relax. I will stop taking the thermogenics (thyrolean) to see what the coconut oil does by itself.

Gotta go load up the magic mini van.

Bill
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 07:35
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Cool

Quote:
What I was trying to say was it may be able to be used like a thermogenic to boost the metabolism for people who have problems with ECA stack type products.

-Hmm, sounds like you're falling in love with this stuff (coconut oil). However, I don't think it can hold a candle to 'ephedrine' ['ECA stack'].
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 07:53

BF:

Zeus, Yeh this stuff is amazing. My temp is now 98.2 on coconut oil alone. No eca stack has ever jump started my metabolism like this.

Oh Well. gotta go. I'll try to get online sometime next week from chicago to check in and report what is happening.

Later
Bill
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 20:02

Plan: Atkins mainly
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Ya Bill, keep us posted!
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 22:57

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

FYI - one can buy Coconut MILK in cans in the ethnic (Thai) section of the supermarket. I am not 100% certain it's the same stuff, but in 1/2 cup has 180 cals, 170 from fat, 17 g fat, 12 saturated, 2 g carbs. Label warns it will solidify if refrigerated. Betcha it's the same stuff.

I will be trying some tomorrow.

Cheers,

Friday
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 02:03

Plan: atkins maybe body opus
Stats: 195/190/175
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default coconut oil v/s cod liver oil

what about the cod liver oil ? It should be mega high in mct 's
and whatever the coconut oil is rich in too.
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 14:40

BF:

FYI, I added some coconut milk to my coffee between 7 and 8 am. At 1 pm, my temp was 98.4, which is a personal record. I'm not on any other fat-burner or thermogenics today. Usually I'm lucky if I see 98.o during the day.

Coconut milk makes a mean latte, btw.

Will continue to experiment.

Cheers,

Friday
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 15:07

BF:

OMG, another update: Had myself another coconut milk latte and w/in half an hour I was flushing hot. I thought I was actually going to break a sweat! I tried taking temps, and they're not showing any diff (still 98.4), but I've been drinking iced latte and ice water the whole time, too.

I think I've just found the newest thing to have in my coffee and shakes! The milk is liquid, unlike the oil, and it's not bad straight. I have a feeling we're just getting cheap MCTs, but hey, it beats heck out of the $14 bucks I saw on the 16 oz bottle of MCT oil at the grocery store. The coconut milk ranges from a buck to 2 bucks for a 13.5 oz can.

Cheers,

Friday