Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-11, 14:33

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Words of wisdom, don't make a big turkey dinner when you can only eat 500 calories a day. I can smell the bird and oh my mouth is watering. I do get 3 ounces of it yum
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-11, 06:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Kelleygirl, I truly admire your courage for the 500 calorie a day. As for myself, I've been cheating for exactly over a week now and my body doesn't seem to like the carbs, I feel sick and tired all the time. Now if only I could stop eating junk. lol
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-11, 08:41

BF:

Justin, I think I blew it last night. I couldn't stop at 3 ounces of turkey. I'm afraid to get on the scale. The thing with this diet is you lose really fast but you will also gain really fast if you cheat. I probably went over by a 300 calories.

SO I've rambled enough about my daughters fall but I have to say that today is the day it happened one year ago. July 17th will forever be in my mind. I have to give thanks to Jesus and the lord above because I know they were there for her.

I am patiently waiting for my coffee. With HCG you take the hormone in the morning then you have to wait 30 minutes to eat or drink anything. I REALLY WANT MY COFFEE and 30 minutes takes sooooo long LOL

So what are your plans today??
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-11, 13:04

BF:

I just finished watching the 4th Shrek on blu ray with my nephew, it was fun. He wanted pop corn and ice cream too so of course I ate it, lol. Oh well, if I gaind I have no one but myself to blame! :P

No worries about your daughter, when something like that happens we often talk about it and I don't mind at all.

As for myself, I enjoyed the weekend off. going back to work in that house tomorrow and I'm going to try to get back into the low carb routine.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 07:08

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Justin
I just finished watching the 4th Shrek on blu ray with my nephew, it was fun. He wanted pop corn and ice cream too so of course I ate it, lol. Oh well, if I gaind I have no one but myself to blame! :P

No worries about your daughter, when something like that happens we often talk about it and I don't mind at all.

As for myself, I enjoyed the weekend off. going back to work in that house tomorrow and I'm going to try to get back into the low carb routine.

Hey. I loved Shrek. "Do the roar daddy." That kid was so funny looking it made my day! Well, popcorn is that best. You can do it the old fashioned way with some oil and a few kernels. The kid probably would love seeing that.

Well, hi.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 07:55

BF:

I'll add it to my summer watch list. Glad to hear from you Startinova. Feel like the family is all here LOL.

I'm bringing a bunch on teenage girls to the mall today. Maybe I'll hit the makeup counter at macy's and get a free make over. The nice thing about shopping for make up and jewlery is size does not matter!! What are you guys up to today?
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 11:47

BF:

I seriously missed something. Your daughter fell? OMG. I gotta go back and read. I am soooo sorry I didn't see that because I'm in a self absorbed funky mood. Ugh.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 13:48

BF:

Startinova!! How are ya? I missed ya!

I've been officially off the low carb thing for over a week now. I need to get back on it... ugh
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 14:46

BF:

So spill it Startinova, what's happening!! You've let me vent for months and then when you hit a snag....poof, you're gone. So how's things with the BF?? As I've said before our weight has to do more with our lives then the food. If you don't want to talk about it then just chat.

Just went to the Mall with 3 teen girls. I need some quiet time LOL
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-11, 17:19

BF:

Eek! 3! OMG... I'd just die. lol

You know, it might not show on here but I'm more of a lonesome guy. I like being in an quiet environment!

Kelleygirl, how's the 500 cal? I need something to motivate me to get back on track...
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 09:33

BF:

Justin, this HCG thing is really working for me. I am not hungry at all. I have not took any of the Phentermine because I don't seem to need it. I also have energy. I just checked with a friend who started it 6 days ago and she has already lost 7 pounds. I think it's great for when you need to get the last 20 off. I just hope it stays off when I go off the HCG. I plan on following the rules to a T. I have no weighed in today but I'm hoping I'm down another pound. THat would be 7 in 7 days!
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 10:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
So spill it Startinova, what's happening!! You've let me vent for months and then when you hit a snag....poof, you're gone. So how's things with the BF?? As I've said before our weight has to do more with our lives then the food. If you don't want to talk about it then just chat.

Just went to the Mall with 3 teen girls. I need some quiet time LOL

I don't know. I just can't start again. It's funny but I feel like my priorities have changed. I don't feel cute. I don't know why I don't feel that looking good is important. I just don't feel anything, except want for something else. I keep asking am I in a rut? What can I do to get out? I don't know. Why aren't I good when I'm in a "comfortable" space - I guess. I'm so angry too. With people. About stuff. Like I'm becoming the biggest bitch through freezing people out.

Oh, the bf and I are ok. I'm just questioning a lot there too. But, why?
Midlife crisis? I did just turn 40. Hmmm...
Well, kelleygirl, there you have it. The big bottomless pits of I don't knows. Thoughts?
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 16:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova
I don't know. I just can't start again. It's funny but I feel like my priorities have changed. I don't feel cute. I don't know why I don't feel that looking good is important. I just don't feel anything, except want for something else. I keep asking am I in a rut? What can I do to get out? I don't know. Why aren't I good when I'm in a "comfortable" space - I guess. I'm so angry too. With people. About stuff. Like I'm becoming the biggest bitch through freezing people out.

Oh, the bf and I are ok. I'm just questioning a lot there too. But, why?
Midlife crisis? I did just turn 40. Hmmm...
Well, kelleygirl, there you have it. The big bottomless pits of I don't knows. Thoughts?

Truth be told I don't think looking good is important. I think feeling good about yourself as a person is important. I seem to feel bad about my looks when all else is falling apart. That my weight some how is the fault of all my issues. When my life is going good I don't seem to beat myself up as much....make sense??

Well I do think 40 does make one ponder. I started off thinking that a midlife crisis was that a person wanted to go back to their youth. That it was all about the looks and ageing. I now know that a midlife crisis is more of a mental state. That life is half over and you need to fix what's broken so you can enjoy the second half. You start to think of the what if's and the could of's.

This too shall pass my friend. There is more to you then your weight remember that. You are a fantastic person!!

Last edited by kelleygirl : Tue, Jul-19-11 at 20:25.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 20:22

BF:

Startinova I know you're in a funk and I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. How does one get out of a funk??? It will happen because it always does. I think you need to have a fun weekend away. What do you like to do??? Vegas, the beach??

I'm here trying not to eat and more importantly drink. Not a lot to choose from when you take the vices away!!

Let's play!! Justin you too. If you could do anything with no worry about anyone but yourself and had lots of money, what would you do??

I'll go first LOL. I'm between places. Part of me says I'd go to Cancun Moon Palace and sit under a palm tree, order a glass of champagne and watch the moon hit the water. I can here the water lapping the shore. Then again I could go to Venice and watch the artist in the square with a glass of Cianti. Now how cool would it be if I was meeting two friends at a little cafe table. We could sit and pick out cute Italian men walking by.

We could go dancing. I love to dance. I can't dance but I still do. I'm more of a jumper. I jump to the beat. I should take dance lessons. Now I'm just raddling on...
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 21:02

BF:

Startinova, hope things get better for you. I wish I could tell you that I know how you feel but I truly don't. Just keep in mind that you're a wonderful person, from what I learned from you I can tell that you're an amazing person! don't let anyone tell ya otherwise! K?

Kelleygirl, I don't know what I would do... let me think..

First and foremost, I'd go to Japan. Been wanting to go there all my life! The rest I'll have to think it through! Oh course I'd travel all over.. France, perhaps? With all the cute men! Dancing? I could go for that, love it!

Speaking of french, It's actually my first language.