Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 17:58

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

One more pound and I will have 50 off from my highest weight this July. I am so happy! I still have at least 50 to go though! LOL
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 18:05

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

ARGH!!! I injured myself somehow at the gym. Yesterday afternoon, all of a sudden I got this shock-like pain at the back of the leg behind my knee and almost buckled over..I can't walk with my full weight on my foot- am fine if knee is bent or if I walk on the ball of the foot (need to wear heel). I put ice on it last night and it helped a tiny bit but is still sore. So I guess this means I can't do much exercise this week...and THAT means I have to really watch portion sizes.

It was a matter of time..I always get injuries when I lift weights, and this time I think it might have been a combination of a heavy duty stretching session the day before, then step aerobics and weights (leg presses and squats).. an hour later, PAIN!

Anyway congrats to all on recent losses...keep it up, gang. You are going to need this leading up to the Xmas madness.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 18:09

P.S. Had a lovely meal last night: a friend bought filet steak, so I did a sauce of sliced fresh field mushrooms, mock sour cream, lots of garlic, dill and chives. We both thought we'd died and gone to heaven and when I served up some quark with lemon curd, we both knew it for sure. My friend is a type 2 who I got onto low carb and has lost weight and normalized sugars with it, plus lots of exercise.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 18:26

PB, no I haven't taken any fat burners...most things that increase metabolic rate tend to give me ectopic heart beats. In any case, I am hoping that the current regimen of gradually increasing calories will help the metabolism. It appears I am still continuing to lose very, very gradually, so I think it is time to stop worrying about large weight drops.

What is guggelsterone?
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 19:08
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

LOL! Yeah... what is guggelsterone? Sounds like something a guppy would snort.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 19:16

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Girl
One more pound and I will have 50 off from my highest weight this July. I am so happy! I still have at least 50 to go though! LOL

PB you can borrow my chisel, but it only seems to take off .4 or .6 per day I've got .6 to go to claim a 70lb loss. Bit by bit I'll get there!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 19:23

Cindy, what drop in dress sizes has the 69 lbs meant for you? It must be a quite visible change. Same goes for PB with her 50 lbs..

My total net loss since I started on this voyage 3 years ago is 55 pounds and 3 dress sizes down. I think that these support groups are the best because they keep us focussed, and maintaining is going to be a BIG focus for me going forward.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 19:36
Experimenter

BF:

I agree, Val! I can't imagine having stuck with this for 3 years (for me too!) for only 45 pounds of weight loss at my snail's pace. I really have the group to thank for figuring out my thyroid meds were honked up, that wheat doesn't agree with me, and that protein is magic juju.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 11:33

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

It's official!! I've lost over 70lbs! That only took 2 years and 3 weeks LOL. I hope I can get to goal in less time than that

It has made a noticable difference, Val. My clients noticed it last week and they've only known me sinces September of this year. I've gone from a size 26/28 pant to a size 22. Tops went from 3/4X or 22/24 to a 1/2x or size 18/20 and last night I was trying on size 14/16 sweaters and bought one And my new Ann Klein coat is a size 1x. So I'm definately smaller.

I love my magic juju aka boneless, skinless chicken breast LOL! Seems to finally be doing the trick.

You go right ahead to maintenance Val. I'll be watching. I have been so focused on weight loss, maintenance is sure to be a whole new game.
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 11:58
Experimenter

BF:

Horray!
That is an amazing accomplishment! It really seems like you've found your groove now and you're rocking. Keep it up Cindy!

I'm still clinging to 165... today was 165.2. I think I'd be less but my intestines are not cooperating again. *sigh* I am so sick of 165, that's been my low weight for months! Meanwhile, I'm finding I am getting hungrier and hungrier. My body damn well better get over this 165 thing so I can have a free meal!
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 14:40

Plan: Neandergirl
Stats: 145/131/122 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:36/34/19
Progress: 61%

Cindy

PB

Congradulations girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done. I know you've worked your butts off.
You deserve to be proud!!!!

Guggelsterone is the active ingredient in gugglelpid. It naturally increases your body temp with out giving you the shakes. People use it as thyroid support. It does work- however the massive doses it required gave me the worst hive I've ever seen. The looked like bruises and took weeks to go away.

might work for you though
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 15:00
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Cindy! Excellent progress!!!!
Think of it as, your journey's not over yet.
And.... we're here!!!

PB, you too! you've done really well.

Both of you meld well with your WOL.

Good going!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 16:06

Yay Cindy!! Another milestone. And you have really gone down in size- fancy buying a 16 top! Don't lose sight of the goal and we will look forward to after pics to enjoy.

My gym wants to use me as a 'success' inspirational story for their little online newsletter...I don't have any before pics though (I was pretty camera avoidant back then)

My sister is here! She has had no success with low carbing to lose weight sadly, but has started going to Curves at my urging, and this has helped her become more mobile than she was. She has been taking thyroid all her life and recent tweaking hasn't made any difference. She is pre-diabetic too despite low carb diet. But at least her health is so much better than 18 months ago when she visited me and could only slowly walk up stairs holding on to the rail and doing both feet on one step etc.
and was in adrenal shut down...she can walk the stairs now no problem and the exhaustion has gone.. Anyway she is just here 2 nights and flying over to Boston to see her son and old friends for Xmas...will stop through her again one her way back in Jan.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 18:32

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Cindy-- you are doing so well!! How many calories do you usually consume per day?

Do a google search on Guggulsterones-- Pink is right.

My pant size went from a snug-fitting 22 to a 16. I have been digging in the back of my closet and trying on all my old dress pants. It is great! They fit again! I now have more clothes for work! I really want to get about 20 off and then I would be at my lowest since about 2003 (before that 1997). Keep on plugging away.....

PS Christmas WILL NOT screw up my success!
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 19:32
Experimenter

BF:

Congrats, PB Girl! Man, you're doing terrific too!

Yeah, I don't really see anything happening that'll derail me. A meal or two to fit in but nothing that can't be called a "free meal".