Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 15:58

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

OK - I'm headed for the border, too. Onderland seems so far away but it's great making the journey with all of you.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 09:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/195/135 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default 13 pounds to go!

Woo! Onderland, here I come!!
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 17:21

Plan: south beach-y kinda,sorta
Stats: 382/238/175 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Sounds good to me. TwoTown here I come.
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 20:28

Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Everyone,
I joined this thread awhile back.I am still determined to get to Onderland.

I am up a few pounds compared to what is posted here.I believe I am at 207 now give or take a day.That's close but still seems so far away to me.

I have added back my stationary bike riding.I got the bike 2 years ago and worked up to riding it 30 minutes a day for at least 5 days a week.I slacked off riding it earlier this year when I caught an awful cold.Now two colds later I am once again trying to work up to riding it 30 minutes a day.Today was my second day back on it.I am struggling right now to ride it for 15 minutes a day thanks to this head cold.It will get easier as I start to feel better.

Good luck to everyone!!

Nancy
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 10:50

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Hi,
Just wanted to pop in and encourage all of you who are so close to that border crossing....and those that have a little further to go, set yourself up some mini goals along the way...every day counts and gets us a little closer. I've got more than a few more to go myself....right now I'm shooting for 195...but really wanting to see that 190! That will be my next mini celebration...I hit 197...but it seems to be a "Full Moon" or something...I think my scale is working backwards this week...doesn't seem to want to go down, but I'm going to try to keep plugging along..I have a wedding to go to in 7 weeks and I've already ordered a dress that's too small....so I have no choice...there is no turning back at this poing...

Wishing you all the Best of Luck,
Anita
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 11:00

Stats: 245/160/135 Female 5'5''
BF:?
Progress: 77%

9 pounds til I reach that border and boy am I gonna party when that happens!! I just got off the phone with my mom. She even said that I haven't been in onederland since I was but a wee child!!
ONEDERLAND HERE I COME!!!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 11:35

Puddypark,
You are doing wonderful!!!! What was it, 36 pounds down? That's awesome...you are so close to Onederland....I really did not think I was going to get there when I started this...figured I would quit long before....that's what I did last year...got to 205 and just thought, well, I did pretty good...that's enough...this year I am trying to reclaim the me that was lost about six years ago when this weight attached itself to me....or me to it...however you want to look at it....anyway, I know you are going to make it and congratulations!

Take Care,
Anita
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 16:59

Anita-
I have realized that since I have always been overweight and since I was a teen I have been over 200 I am looking to claim an entirely different person! A person that is not afraid of learning how to skateboard at 36! I was always too embarrassed to even try and since I was always the FAT kid there are a lot of things I never tried so LOOKOUT WORLD HERE I COME!!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 18:09

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 402/299/200 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginyer
I really did not think I was going to get there when I started this...figured I would quit long before....

This is the closest I ever remember being to 300. With all of the times I've tried in the past, I don't ever remember getting under 300. A few years back I was losing weight with Atkins, but then I screwed myself up by overindulging in the SF candies (I'm not making THAT mistake this time around!) When I started this January, I guess I wasn't sure I'd make it this far, either. I mean, I never did before...

I can't wait for my weight to begin with a "2"!!

Again, good luck with everyone still trying to cross their next "border", whether it's into the next 100 pounds or 10 pounds or 5 pounds down... WE CAN DO IT!!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 20:07

PUddypark and Tigerstar,
You are both wonderful inspirations to anyone that is lucky enough to cross your paths....that is why this forum has been such a huge help to me along this journey.... it has truly made such a difference to be able to come here and read other people's stories and be inspired and to learn.

Also, I just love this particular thread! It is especially full of inspiration.

Take care,
Anita
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 21:16

Plan: restrt Atkns 2/10/05 ~218
Stats: 230/186/120 Female 65 inches
BF:don't/rub/itin
Progress: 40%
Thumbs up

Awesome, awesome thread! This is soooo encouraging. This is my second try at Atkins; I started at 230, lost 30, gained 1/2 of that back, and now I've started again -- two and a half months into induction. I kept a strict induction until last week, then tried to move into OWL and crash-dived quickly -- I was at 200 as of last Friday, sooo looking forward to breaking the 199 barrier, and gained back 2 lbs trying OWL. It's water weight, of course, and it has already come back off as I've moved back into strict induction, but even that little delay has depressed me terribly. So imagine the lift I've gotten from reading this thread! Hell yeah, I'll run for the border with all of you -- and I'll be clapping till my palms ache for each of you as you cross.

Can someone(s) of us pull this thread back up every couple of days or so? I'd really hate to see it get lost in the shuffle. Not that you know me, but thanks you, Kathleen, for starting this thread, and hugs to everyone who has posted.

(((((((((((Y'all!))))))))))

Quote:
Just swinging by to pull this thread out in the open again. We have several people who are a few pounds away from crossing the border, and wanted to be sure they could find it if they wanted.
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 01:05

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Deep breathsigh Okay, ready, set, here I come! Twotown watch out I'm just a few pounds from your gate. Oh I was there last year at 269 but I made a wrong turn and found myself back in Threeville. Well I've sold my house there and have no place to return to. Once I cross the border I intend to burn my bridge so I can never go back. You see I have smaller clothes waiting ,ones I bought last year when I was there Twotown some even have their tags still on. There they are waving me on hoping to continue my journey with me. Oh yes I can see them waving motioning me to hurry forward. So watch out soon I will no longer be this 303.5 pound person.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 05:31

Memaw--
I have been getting rid of all of my largest clothes--my S-I-L said that I should keep them "cuz you never know" but let me tell ya I WILL NEVER WEAR THAT SIZE EVER AGAIN IN LIFE!! I bought some flannel pants that are a man's size medium (they were sooooo cheap I had to buy them!) so at least I will have something to wear when I finally get down there!!--Cuz IT WILL HAPPEN!!!
have a great day all! and keep up the march to the border!!
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 06:13

Joanee and Meemaw,
You are both just RIGHT THERE!!! I CAN FEEL IT! I'm so glad you found this thread...it is a great one. I found it right before crossing over a week or so ago and wish I had found it much sooner... I had some mini goals before that border crossing, but that was a biggie for me. It had been years since I'd been in the one-anythings. We want to be right there with you, so please come back and let us all know how it's going. I truly believe in celebrating these things....I just love a party!

Anita
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 08:08

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:

It's sure great reading everyone's committment to crossing that border! I only change my stats on Mondays, but I had a little whoosh here over the last 2 days, and it looks like I'm only 15 lbs away from Onderland now! This thread is great! I can't wait to read everyone's progress as they head to the border! Keep up the great work everyone!