Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 07:03

Plan: My Own
Stats: 190/190/165 Female 62
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 0%
Talking

Good Moning All!

I have been reading everyones posts and noticing that just about everyone does some type of physical activity. I think its great especially for sistas. I don't know about yall but I come from a long line of folks that either never gain or gain too much and no one exercises. I mean the only work out anyone gets is either cleaning/cooking or of the sexual nature (we're adults hopefully) Especially here in whats usually arctic minnesota. For 9 months all we can do is eat and stay inside because of the cold. I am a new breed all together. I love to work out and I love the whole burn deal. I run about a mile a day and do some upper body work.

So I just wanna say Cheers to everyone that is working hard to work it out.

talk to you later
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 09:07

Stats: 356.8/335/190 Female 5' 9"
BF:huh?...what?..%#$~
Progress: 13%

Hello everyone,

As far as workout, I have been slacking, which all that will change as of today. I do the Lesile Sansone Walk Away the Pounds tape. I think they are great. I do the 1.5 mile. I'm going to start doing the 1.5 mile tape starting today everyday...well, I think I better keep it real at least 5x's a week. I also do Winsor Pilates I think I will begin doing those 2x's - 3x's a week.
Hope everyone is having a good day!
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/175/150 Female 5ft5in.
BF:
Progress: 77%
Talking Hello, I'm excited!!

Let me tell you. I Used a ketone strip today and it was so purple, and it is the first time I have been able to get those that dark since I first started back in 2002. Those strips help me to be stay encouraged when I don't see the scale moving sometimes.
I feel more in control than I ever have. It's been about a week since I've started back and I feel so much better. I exercise as much as I can, and the weight training gives me confidence.

Yes, the Low carb products can be good, but I think those are something that I'm going to stay away from until the lifetime maintenence stage. There is so much delicious LC icecream and cookies, Entenmann's lc chocolate chips cookies are so good but are 9grams for 3. I hope everyone stays encouraged we can all use that.

I love working out to Donna Richardson tapes. Sometimes the routines take some time to learn but once you get it down you feel like you're part of a dance troop. That sister has it down. Plus she's small, but not skinny, her legs are big, she has a butt, and not just a stick. I took a weight training class at Eastern Michigan University, and my instructor was so great, she spent extra time with me, to make sure I got the basics of what I was doing once I was through with the class. Yes it is very important for Black women to workout and especially to teach our children to do the same. I think there has been some of a turning of the tide with the younger generation.

Last edited by elizabethr : Thu, Jul-15-04 at 12:08.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 12:23

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I don't know if I mentioned it but I workout at Curves. I hate to exercise and having a class that I have paid for motivates me to get to it. My son takes Tae Kwon Do and is very careful with his carb intake. My daughter is a cheerleader and cheer coach. We are quite physically active considering we are also potaoes of the couch.. Love Donna Richardson. Did you know that she married Tom Joyner, the radio DJ? I assume that they are still married. I really should go. Maybe I will talk myself into going to Curves today.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 13:08

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hello Wonderful Women of Color/ Colour!

I hope we're all doing our best to remain positive and empowered. I'm having a good day. My eating is on, my exercise is on, and I'm balancing things. I'm also greaing up for a workshop in New Orleans next week. Anyone been there? What should I see?

Elizabeth, glad to see you again. You've been missed already! I'm glad you're pumped. Remember to get that journal started girl. I'm interested in how your weight training is going, so fill me in.

enjoy this wonderful day!
Nadz
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 14:10

Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Default All is well

Hello Everyone,

I am having a good day too. Even though TOM is here. I remain encouraged by the fact that I am still on track. I woke up this morning and got my walk on, and I am headed to the gym in an hour to lift. I agree that weight training gives me confidence, as well as results I can see and feel. My arms have...dare I say it?...a cut in them - some actual definition. I am psyched! I say tapes, Curves, the gym - whatever gets you there, do it! Because I feel I a little crampy, I don't want to workout, but now - because of my renewed commitment and support like this forum, I have no choice but to get my workout on - cramps and all.

Congrats on the ketosis!
I can't wait til my breath is stankin' and those ketones are being released!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 14:17

BF:

#53   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 14:17

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Default hey ya'll

doing good so far. no cheatin. exercisin later. nasira have u noticed that right after ur TOM uve lost a lot of weight? anybody? ive noticed thats why i like when my TOM comes. befor my last TOM i was 202(without the water retention). the day after TOM i was 199. what a whoosh!! anyway gotta go to class. holly i will get that info for u.
jodi
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 14:30

Hello all
-Soonslim I read that you burn an additional 500 a day while on your menstral. This could be the reason for the noticeable loss after your cycle. One more good reason to not grub while your on!
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 14:31

Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Default Hey

Nadz that smiley is too funny. Hey Slim, I hope classes are going well. Yes I love when the woosh fairy visits after TOM. Since I only weigh myself once a week I am not as freaked out by the scale when water retention hits...but dammit if I can't wait til it's all over and I am a lil' bit smaller!
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 06:04

BF:

Hi All! Just dropping in to say:

Have a wonderful day
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 06:05

Stats: 260/175/150 Female 5ft5in.
BF:
Progress: 77%
Smile Hello everyone

Hello, I'm glad to see everyone is doing so well. Nadz, thanks for comments. Yes I will start an electronic journal here on line. I've just been writing in my paper one; regarding my weight training anyway. When I took my weight training class we had to keep a journal of our workouts so I still do that. I see where to start one online.
Nasira, honey yes, my husband is on Atkins too. We both congratulate each other when are breath is stankin'. He says your breath is kickin' and I say "Yes!" You know another thing that had halted me I think is my water intake. I had fell all the way off on drinking water, now I just fill up a 64fl oz bottle and drink it all through the day, and fill it up half way again and drink it too.
Black57 I had saw on Donna's website that her and Tom are married? Anybody else workout with her tapes?
Yikes, it took me a while to notice TOM was the cause of my backslides. It just seemed that every month I had a disturbing need for popcorn. I would do it every month. My TOM comes whenever it wants so I couldn't pinpoint why I wanted it so bad then I finally did. Now I know to occupy myself with pork rinds during that time.
Good day everyone!
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 06:50

Hello Ladies!!

I'm just stopping in to say Hi !!!!! I hope everyone has a happy happy friday. I haven't done so good with my eating this week but I will start fresh Monday and give it my best!!

#59   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 08:26

BF:

I need to up my water intake too. It's crucial to fat loss and getting rid of many of the toxins that the body stores in the fat cells that we're draining.
Elizabeth, I like the idea of filling the 64oz bottle. I've been meaning to do that. Now I'll definitely start today! Thanks
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 17:05

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

Hi all glad to see everyone is doing so well. I dont have time for a long post just wanted to stop in see how all is and say hi!
Closed Thread