Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 18:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/187/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 54%

The recipes sound wonderful it is nice to see that there are so many things to choose from when doing KISS. Takes away a lot of concern I had when it comes to how easily I would be able to keep to it. Thank you for taking the time to post them.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 05:48

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

There don't seem to be many of us KISSERS here! I had a good day yesterday, but I was by no means perfect. I kept reaching for the macadamia nuts---didn't see them on the list anywhere! ;-) But, as they are gone, they shouldn't be a problem anymore!

I didn't have any dairy yesterday, which is a milestone for me. I kept finding myself looking at the string cheese and then remembering that i couldn't have that.

I'm already down 1 lb. to 178.5--that's my low weight---I had been bouncing around 182. Now, to see if we can go even lower!!!!! I am so psyched I even turned down the bacon this a.m.!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 06:04
Registered Member

Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

hi guys and good morning.

yesterday was a lil weird. i think i was below 1k cal. amiee said that can be normal and i tried up-ing it as much as i could.

i had a very bad sweet tooth yesterday. i gave in to 1/3 tspn. atkins sf syrup in my avocado. bleh. it wasnt as good as i thought.

on a good note, i feel a lil lighter.

i will try not to deviate today. no AS!
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 07:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good morning!!
Holding on to any posible excuse and getting a srt-of-O.K. from amee yesterday i had coffe this morning again.
Didn't get much sleep last night and was really tired.... (insert more excuses here) Anyway, that was my only down fall. I read in another board that coffe (Folgers) has 3 carbs per tablespoon I'm thinking, that should be enough to make think twice about reaching for the coffee tomorrow. Surprisinly I didn't miss the cheese yesterday, go figure!! I'll come back later to check and see how day 1 was and day 2 is going for everyone.

I wish you all a great KISSing day
Mary
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 07:39

BF:

I forgot to ask. If KISS is supposed to be lean meats, no cheese, no nuts, only 2 tablespoons of oil...
Is it still consider Atkins?
Atkins, for what I understand is higher fat, higer cal.
I wasn't hungry yesterday, but then i also didn't do a very low fat version of KISS.
I know that KISS is supposed to help you loose faster than regular Atkins, but after you go back to the higer fat, higer cals. do you gain it all back?

Is KISS a Low cal.-Low fat diet instead of Atkins??
OK I'm done, I guess I should have asked all these questions beforehand. any answers would be really appreciated.
Thanks
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 08:28

Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Good Morning ladies

I'm going to try to address some of your questions. First of all Kiss is a form of low carbing. It is stricter than Atkins and yes you eat more lean meat. I have no problem losing weight when I switch back to Atkins. No you do not gain the weight loss back.

MamaSara~ congratulations on your weight loss.

Warp~Thanks for the stir fry info. I made it last night and it was so good.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 08:36
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryp
I forgot to ask. If KISS is supposed to be lean meats, no cheese, no nuts, only 2 tablespoons of oil...
Is it still consider Atkins?
Atkins, for what I understand is higher fat, higer cal.
I wasn't hungry yesterday, but then i also didn't do a very low fat version of KISS.
I know that KISS is supposed to help you loose faster than regular Atkins, but after you go back to the higer fat, higer cals. do you gain it all back?

Is KISS a Low cal.-Low fat diet instead of Atkins??
OK I'm done, I guess I should have asked all these questions beforehand. any answers would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Ok from what I understand, yes this is lean meats. Olive Oil/ any Oil source like Mayo or Butter should be limited to 2 tlbspn per day.

I honestly wasnt bothered by the extra fat I had in my beef yesterday. You just have to remember though that you can not have high fat and high carbs at the same time.

By doing lean meats 3-9 oz, you are then most fortunate to increase carbs from COMPLEX carbs like veggies. Increasing veggies makes you feel full and you lessen the animal protein you take in as what others dread or worry about. I am not really worried about that meat issue though as long as you drink ALOT of water.

Ok this is my take on this. Its not based of some scientific study but just from all around sources I have read.

Maybe some other kissers present with us can further enlighten us on this issue.

Last edited by Wrap : Tue, Nov-11-03 at 10:08.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 10:00

BF:

You are absolutely correct. I'm not bothered by my meat and veggie consumption either. I just eat until I'm full as long as it is kissable.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 13:13

BF:

My menu so far:

Chicken
Tomatoes, Okra, and Onions

Fitday says I have approx. 500 calories

***I just bought a size 10 suit This makes the second 10 that I've bought since this woe.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 16:43

BF:

Wrap, thank you for your response. Like I said my fat intake was not very low, but I'll see if I lose this week or if I have to modify things.

amiee,Congratulations on your new suit! How cool!!
One more question for you, if you don't mind.
How many total calories do you usually eat? Mine are not nearly that low. I do eat three meals and the total is usually around 1800-2000. Next to yours sounds Extremely high! I had never counted calories until recently. Since i am getting close to my goal, I have not lost in a while and was trying to find why.
I hope day 2 was good for all of you. Thank you for all your help.
Mary

Last edited by maryp : Tue, Nov-11-03 at 16:45.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 16:48

BF:

Wrap,
I just realize you are from IL. I lived near chicago (Gurnee, Six Flags) for 8 years. I still miss the season, but it is kind of nice to be able to go swiming outdoors in the middle of the winter
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 18:50

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%
Smile Hi Everyone

Dear Aimee and All on the Kiss Plan,

I found this forum last Friday, I was home sick. I had the flu shot and pneumonia shot on Thursday and by Friday was suffering from flu like symptoms. My boss sent me home on Friday and I spent a little time with this website. I was not ready to join all of you with the Kiss Plan at this time, not only was I not feeling well but I had too much of the dairy products in my fridge to consume before I started. When I started the Atkins Diet last spring, I cleaned out my pantry and freezer and gave it all away to a co-worker and my next door neighbor. I must have given away a whole ton of money worth of food but I didn't want it in the house, I had made a choice in my life.

I will do the Kiss Plan in probably a couple of weeks. I do not have that much more to lose but I seem to be at a standstill. Each day I come back to this particular forum to check on you lovely people.

Keep up the good work.

Carol
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 06:12
Registered Member

Hi patnaude12! Thanks for dropping by and the warm wishes.

Ok guys, Im starving. Breakfast time!

Hmm what to eat? hehe I'll go through Amiees recipes and see what I can make this morning.

Talk to you guys in a bit. Remember to keep on kissing.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 06:13

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I didn't have a super day yesterday. My carbs were really low, but I had sausage and peppers for dinner and 2 string cheese. The cheese was because I realized I was getting hungry just as I walked out the door and wouldn't be able to eat for several hours, so I grabbed 'em. What do you use for those quick snacks on the go????
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 09:06

BF:

Mary~~Girl, don't worry about asking me too many questions. I will help you in any way that I can. While doing kiss, my carbs and calories vary. Yesterday, fitday says that I had 2100 calories. That is a little high for me during kiss. I'm not in full ketosis yet but I'm sure the numbers will much lower today. I normally have 600-1000 calories. I had a net of 35 carbs. This is normal. Veggies will cause those carbs to be a little high. Don't get frighten about that.

Carol~~I hope that you feel better soon. I'm sorry that you couldn't join us on this round. I hope to do another two week challenge after Thanksgiving. Please continue to post and support us.

Warp~~I hope you enjoy the recipes

MamaSara~~ Put that cheese down!!! No franken foods either. Don't make me come and clean out your refigerator. For quick snacks I buy the cut up chicken strips that Louis Rich has in those red packages (I think that is who makes them) I keep them with me and snack on that meat. You can also get a bag of veggies and snack on that.

Yesterday I ate a chicken thigh, gumbo with okra, onions and tomatoes (that is all it had), stir fry veggies with chicken, a hambuger patty and eggs. Could you tell that I was hungry?