Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 10:05
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey O
I don't even have a buddy list come up anymore, so I can't even pm, my buddys cause I used to have a little box come up, and it would tell me who was online. What has happened to my box, and how can I get it back and pm my friends.

Check the top navigation bar. Just below the link "Today's post"

We'll add the link to the PM page soon.

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 10:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Is it just me or is that Quick reply not working? I can not enter nor delete in that space.
Kathy

P.S. any chance of having posters Stats in BOLD? so it stands out easier, I know I look at imfo all the time. Thanks Kathy

Last edited by Kathy54 : Tue, Jul-01-03 at 10:31.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 10:30

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Angry Okay --- My Turn .....

Good morning Tamaranian......

I really don't like the new setup .. but working with computers as part of my job, I realize that changes are necessary .. and that people are going to complain because people don't like change and I feel bad for you because you can't please everyone ... but now I'm having some technical problems ...

--Trying to go back to previous pages in journals .. all I get is a blank screen .. not even headings or anything .. does this mean we lost all of our previous pages in our journals???

--I occassionally get errors saying that the "script on this page may cease up my computer" -- which it did from my home computer (dial up -- regular phone line -- no I don't live in the stone age ) However -- I also have gotten it on my office computer.

--Is "outside" coding .. such as HTML and VB still accepted ???

--Are pictures still going to be able to be posted??? Never mind -- I think I answered my own question for this one ...

--I'm also getting "server busy" -- is this just because of the confusion of the changeover??

--In trying to get into my own journal earlier .. the only way I could get it to come up was to make a post .. and then after the post was "submitted" -- my journal finally came up .. but all I could see wa the post I made from home this morning, and the post I just made in order to get it to come up .. Even though it says I have 145 pages .. does this mean that I lost everything prior to the changeover ???(from yesterday back??) (oh please say no )

I know I may not like the new changeover .. but I enjoy when I'm comfortable with something ... especially when I use it for entertainment .. cuz I'm the one that "has to figure out how things work" at work all the time .. I prefer to use things "mindlessly" .. however .. I have enjoyed this site way too much in the last 3ish years .. that a change is NOT going to send me away .. .. I think it was just too dramatic ...

So if you could help by answering my above questions .. I be VERY VERY VERY grateful ... IF I can find this thread again ..

Thank you .. and hang in there .. people just don't like change .. especially where the computer comes in .. geeze -- you should see what I go through in the small company I work for .. as I am the computer department .. .. and when I make a change .. I get bombarded from all over !!!!

Talk later .. and I will be anxiously awaiting your reply!!!

--
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 10:34

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy54
Is it just me or is that Quick reply not working? I can not enter nor delete in that space.
Kathy

P.S. any chance of having posters Stats in BOLD? so it stands out easier, I know I look at imfo all the time. Thanks Kathy

Quick reply .. I can answer .. to get it to work, you click on the "pad of paper with the arrow" that's been inserted in between the "edit/delete", and the "quote" button's at the bottom of the post
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 10:38

Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%

I am so confused!!! Course that could just be the menopause thing...lol

Now, I am finding that for some reason the link to my fitday is not working?? I didn't put it there myself, so have no idea how to fix it.
Also, cannot find my buddy list??
Also very slow to load...says page is done, then takes longer to actually show the page.
Am I going to have to sign in every time now, it made me sign in this morning again and again...never mind that one, it let me in this time.
Is there any way the buddy list could be up on the main screen so you can see who is online when you are...it is going to be a pain to always have to go and check every few minutes to see if someone has come online

I know that change is difficult for every one, but am curious about why this was changed...the other seemed to be working fairly well...I liked the way the other loaded up into a smaller screen, was easier to find things...but then, that could be why this is so comfortable...we were just used to it.
Sorry you have to spend your July 1st soothing us savage beasts.

Last edited by DarB : Tue, Jul-01-03 at 11:06.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 10:51

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%

I like the new format, esp. the Quick Reply.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:02

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Thanks Sally.

How about the threads for all the different countries?
I went to post HAPPY CANADA DAY on the Canadian one, and can't find the main thread anywhere?

Kathy, by the way HAPPY CANADA DAY
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:03
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostarts
I like the new features. It looks great!

I have a wishlist idea/suggestion: is it possible to put a link to the logged-in user's journal at the top of the page with the links to profile, etc.? I used to use my avatar to reach my journal quickly but the avatar's gone now...

Done. You'll find a link at the top on the main page called "Your journal"

Wa'il
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:09
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarB

I am so confused!!! Course that could just be the menopause thing...lol

Now, I am finding that for some reason the link to my fitday is not working?? I didn't put it there myself, so have no idea how to fix it.
Also, cannot find my buddy list??
Also very slow to load...says page is done, then takes longer to actually show the page.
Am I going to have to sign in every time now, it made me sign in this morning again and again...never mind that one, it let me in this time.
Is there any way the buddy list could be up on the main screen so you can see who is online when you are...it is going to be a pain to always have to go and check every few minutes to see if someone has come online

I know that change is difficult for every one, but am curious about why this was changed...the other seemed to be working fairly well...I liked the way the other loaded up into a smaller screen, was easier to find things...but then, that could be why this is so comfortable...we were just used to it.
Sorry you have to spend your July 1st soothing us savage beasts.

You sig is now corrected.

To avoid having to login every time, make your browser accept cookies from our site, and that there is no firewall blocking those cookies. This can also be responsible for slowing down the page.

Wa'il
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:11
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy54
Thanks Sally.

How about the threads for all the different countries?
I went to post HAPPY CANADA DAY on the Canadian one, and can't find the main thread anywhere?

Kathy, by the way HAPPY CANADA DAY

You mean this:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:18
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspp
Good morning Tamaranian......

I really don't like the new setup .. but working with computers as part of my job, I realize that changes are necessary .. and that people are going to complain because people don't like change and I feel bad for you because you can't please everyone ... but now I'm having some technical problems ...

--Trying to go back to previous pages in journals .. all I get is a blank screen .. not even headings or anything .. does this mean we lost all of our previous pages in our journals???

--I occassionally get errors saying that the "script on this page may cease up my computer" -- which it did from my home computer (dial up -- regular phone line -- no I don't live in the stone age ) However -- I also have gotten it on my office computer.

--Is "outside" coding .. such as HTML and VB still accepted ???

--Are pictures still going to be able to be posted??? Never mind -- I think I answered my own question for this one ...

--I'm also getting "server busy" -- is this just because of the confusion of the changeover??

--In trying to get into my own journal earlier .. the only way I could get it to come up was to make a post .. and then after the post was "submitted" -- my journal finally came up .. but all I could see wa the post I made from home this morning, and the post I just made in order to get it to come up .. Even though it says I have 145 pages .. does this mean that I lost everything prior to the changeover ???(from yesterday back??) (oh please say no )

I know I may not like the new changeover .. but I enjoy when I'm comfortable with something ... especially when I use it for entertainment .. cuz I'm the one that "has to figure out how things work" at work all the time .. I prefer to use things "mindlessly" .. however .. I have enjoyed this site way too much in the last 3ish years .. that a change is NOT going to send me away .. .. I think it was just too dramatic ...

So if you could help by answering my above questions .. I be VERY VERY VERY grateful ... IF I can find this thread again ..

Thank you .. and hang in there .. people just don't like change .. especially where the computer comes in .. geeze -- you should see what I go through in the small company I work for .. as I am the computer department .. .. and when I make a change .. I get bombarded from all over !!!!

The back button is browser dependant. If it doesn't work, use the page navigation and "next" "previous" links. But none of the journal pages are lost

HTML is no longer allowed, due to security reasons with java scripts. But you can use the vBcode tags, explained in the FAQ.

The "server bussy" notice is due to our forum currently rebuilding the search index of almost 1,000,000 posts, it will take some time to finish.

RE: previous posts: No post was lost. We made the change this morning, and didn't lose a single post. If you are not sure where you posted, use the search link under your post to find all your previous posts. It should be there

Wa'il
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:32
Wombat Ashramite

Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Wa'il,

Thanks for all your hard work on the forum. The new look will take some adjusting, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it fairly quickly.

I'm using IE 5.2 for Mac OS X and just wanted to report that the User Information Box on the left is showing "Location" and "Plan" wrapped on two lines rather than as two, separate lines. This has the comical effect of making it look as if I am on the "Seattle Plan" and you are on the "Ottowa, ON Plan."

Also, just as a comment, not sure if it can be fixed, but the subforums on the main Support Forum page used to be much easier to read and see. Now the font is very small and the forums are not listed in columns. This may be my own, browser specific issue, but it really makes sorting out what's available very difficult.

Thanks again, there are lots of things I like, especially the ability to see the topic of the last post in a particular forum, rather than just the name of the person who posted.

Dig
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:46
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by digwig
Hi Wa'il,

Thanks for all your hard work on the forum. The new look will take some adjusting, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it fairly quickly.

I'm using IE 5.2 for Mac OS X and just wanted to report that the User Information Box on the left is showing "Location" and "Plan" wrapped on two lines rather than as two, separate lines. This has the comical effect of making it look as if I am on the "Seattle Plan" and you are on the "Ottowa, ON Plan."

Also, just as a comment, not sure if it can be fixed, but the subforums on the main Support Forum page used to be much easier to read and see. Now the font is very small and the forums are not listed in columns. This may be my own, browser specific issue, but it really makes sorting out what's available very difficult.

Thanks again, there are lots of things I like, especially the ability to see the topic of the last post in a particular forum, rather than just the name of the person who posted.

Dig

How is it now? Hopefully fixed

Wa'il
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:47

Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up

Hi Wa'il,
Thank you for fixing my Fitday thingy...lol...can you tell I am a computer genius
I am finding when I click on someones journal, it takes me to their very first post, is there any way to make it come up to the last post instead, so it is only one click like the old way?
Also, the buddy list...anyway to make it be on your profile screen as before so you can see if your buds are online?? Important for when you want to send a PM that you want answered right away?
Thank you for all your very hard work...
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 11:59
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarB
Hi Wa'il,
Thank you for fixing my Fitday thingy...lol...can you tell I am a computer genius
I am finding when I click on someones journal, it takes me to their very first post, is there any way to make it come up to the last post instead, so it is only one click like the old way?
Also, the buddy list...anyway to make it be on your profile screen as before so you can see if your buds are online?? Important for when you want to send a PM that you want answered right away?
Thank you for all your very hard work...

Yes, and yes. They'll be added later today.

Wa'il