Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#511   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 22:08
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamori
is Ephedrine HCl something different from what you take, built?

Nope. Ephedrine HCL is the generic drug version. Ephedra is the herbal version. Ephedra is no longer available in the USA, as I understand it. I believe Ephedrine HCL is. It's sold as a decongestant.

I don't trust herbals. I trust stuff made in labs. Standardized doses. That way I know EXACTLY what I'm taking.
Sponsored Links
  #512   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 16:04

Plan: abs diet
Stats: 175/172/155 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

any reccomendation of vasopro ephedrine over ephedrine 25?

is there any place to buy these in the stores, or just from online supplement sites?

i know people have recomended just plain caffeine pills in addition to ephedrine in creating an EC stack... but is it better/worse to use xenadrine efx,hydroxycut etc instead of plain caffeine pills ....

i had awesome results with original formula hydroxycut and have had horrible results with any new Eph free formulas...
hydroxycut E Free w/ ephedrine pills, recreating the original formula basically?

anyone have a certain stack that theyve tried and it definitly worked for them...

ive been blowing money on all these new E free formulas, new hydroxycut, xenadrine efx, zantrex3, .. trying to do a bit more research and figure out what exactly to buy so im not wasting anymore money...

any/all input appreciated.
thanks
  #513   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 11:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I just realized the Vasopro has guaifenesin in it!

Is this a problem?
  #514   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 09:11

BF:

Well, I googled it and it seems not to be anything anybody worries about.

I've started with a quarter of a pill, and thus far can report that my bathroom is twinkling clean and I STINK. Does this stuff make everybody's sweat smell bad?
  #515   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 09:36

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%

Guaifenesin is an expectorant Helps loosen phlem. It is the active ingredient in cough syrup.
It is also sold OTC.
Jag
  #516   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 09:45
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by binki
Well, I googled it and it seems not to be anything anybody worries about.

I've started with a quarter of a pill, and thus far can report that my bathroom is twinkling clean and I STINK. Does this stuff make everybody's sweat smell bad?

I'm not so sure about the stinking, but you'll NOTICE it more - it is, after all, a decongestant. Plus it's a thermogen, so right around the time your nose works better, you'll sweat more.
  #517   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 09:53

BF:

Ok, one more question. I've read through this whole thread again, and a couple people asked this but nobody ever posted an answer:

Will a micro-dose work? I'm on my third day of taking 1/4 of a 25mg tablet in the morning with coffee. So that's just 6.25mg of E, with my usual double espresso.

My plan was to just do that in the morning, no afternoon dose. I was even toying with the idea of not taking any over the weekends just to be extra safe.

Am I being overcautious to the point where it's just a waste of money that won't do anything? I do feel a bunch of energy and, as posted above, am sweating overtime, so it does seem like it's having some effect.

Secondary question. Any opinions on whether one would need to cycle off of such a small dose? If so, would it suffice to just not take the E for a while? I really don't like quitting coffee.
  #518   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 10:11

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%

With such a small dose and not taking it on the weekends, I don't see you getting tolerance built up too fast. When you start seeing a decline in your effects you MAY have to increase your dose.
From what I have read most people who use E/C (A) are taking a lot more than you do. They cycle ECA with YC stack
Yohimbine / Caffeine.
Personally I use EC until I feel the effects on the prostate gland. That is usually about 6-8 weeks.
When I have a decrease in urinary flow I know it is time to switch to YC.
I make a Thermogenic with Tyrosine Yohimbine Caffeine and Guggsterone.
I cycle those two.
Jag

Jag
  #519   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 12:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

i cannot find anything that contains ephedrine anymore! Is there anywhere that carries it, besides online?
  #520   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 13:14

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey skibunnie have you checked out the gas stations? Here in ND, Holiday gas station carries some. It's usually in a clear pink case up at the register.
  #521   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 14:16
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by binki
Ok, one more question. I've read through this whole thread again, and a couple people asked this but nobody ever posted an answer:

Will a micro-dose work? I'm on my third day of taking 1/4 of a 25mg tablet in the morning with coffee. So that's just 6.25mg of E, with my usual double espresso.

My plan was to just do that in the morning, no afternoon dose. I was even toying with the idea of not taking any over the weekends just to be extra safe.

Am I being overcautious to the point where it's just a waste of money that won't do anything? I do feel a bunch of energy and, as posted above, am sweating overtime, so it does seem like it's having some effect.

Secondary question. Any opinions on whether one would need to cycle off of such a small dose? If so, would it suffice to just not take the E for a while? I really don't like quitting coffee.

I take a LOT more than you do, and I haven't been off for months, so far, other than the constant BARKING, I'm fine.

Bark. Bark bark bark bark. Bark. <twitch>

#522   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 16:48

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I'm pretty sure that the sale of ephedra products are banned in the US. I used to order them off online but no one will sell them anymore. I bought like 3 bottles back in April when everyone said they were gonna stop selling them. Maybe canada can still ship them?
  #523   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 17:07

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

It's only banned in some states, I am not sure of which ones though. I can still buy it, ephedrine HCL, in the gas stations, ND (North Dakota) is in the USA.
  #524   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 08:34
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 280/270/200
BF:
Progress: 13%

finally decided to give this a try again baught it from 1fast400 too. it sure takes some getting used to thats for sure. i used to take ripped fuel back in the day and was taking a half dose then so im doing the same now. stimulants hit me fast so i figured half would be good. it was im pretty well wired these days im on day 2 now and my resting HR is 80 after my morning swim... i hope thats ok.... im not sweating too much but im am getting used to the figity/sped up feeling i have... im not too fond of it... i had one of the best work outs yesterday i had so much energy in the gym it was great and when bed time came i passed out.

i guess my question would be is a 80 BPM resting HR ok to have while on this and would a morning and evening 1 mile swim be too much... my HR only goes up to 120 BPM while swimming.
  #525   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 09:18
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 280/270/200
BF:
Progress: 13%

heh all this seems to be coming about because my boss today when i came into work saw me all sweating from having just got done my swim and shower and rushing to work, he wanted to know if i was alright because heavy sweating is a precurser to having a heart attack.... gowd that the last crap i need to hear at 9 am got me all worked up..... blah....

one thing i am noticing though is that i have this slightly full/slightly nauseous feeliong in my stomach.... is this normal sorta the appitite suppressing effect?