Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-13, 13:12

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 245/232/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmick

My hubby is supposed to be on a GF diet also. I get a bit cranky because I make him GF treats and buy the bread and he still eats the real stuff. I told him I gave up trying to get him to follow Dr's orders the other day! He must be sick of the tummy issues because I was shocked when he made his lunch. Tuna noodle salad with everything but the noodles!

Todays menu is
2 oopsies topped with 4 bacon and 1 egg

beef roast and broccoli slaw

pork chops and cauliflower

If I get the munchies I'll have some whole raw carrots. I dont like carrots much so these are self limiting! I know I am really hungry if I eat them.

Things are going great for me! Today is Day 10 and I am actually very proud of myself. I have resisted temptation on several occasions these past two weeks and my hubby and my daughter have both noticed. We were shopping yesterday and my hubby grabs a bag of Milky Way Candy Bars and then he stops mid stream and looks at me and says "This won't bother you if I get these will it hun?". I told him "Go ahead!" I have not even looked at them, I could care less and they are lying right in the room with me on the TV stand. My daughter bought some plain yogurt last night thinking I could eat some, I looked at it and it has about 16 grams of sugar in it and I told her there was no way I was eating that. I did eat 4 Strawberries without anything added to them. I know Fruit is a No No on induction but I figure, maybe once per week. Its better to have a good wholesome treat such as that than to consume some of these so called "Diet" Bars and Diet Candy...etc at least in my opinion. I am trying to stay away from all those ready made products and just eat healthy nutritious foods. I do not even add Splenda or anything until I try a food first, I had originally thought I might add a packet of Splenda to the Strawberries (The old me would take a half of a bowl of sugar and a about a pint of berries and swirl them round and round till they were coated and then eat them) but after I tasted one, I found they did not need any sugar of any type, period.
Hope everyone else is doing well!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-13, 14:05

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Glad you are doing so well! Way to go!!! I haven't found any sweetener I think tastes good besides xylitol. I'm too lazy to go the 15 miles to buy it. We are all out of raw honey so no sweetener it is! I found when I started on my great regain from 136 to now that I started out with a lot of low carb sub foods as they hit the shelves. I think I was 100% better off without them.

Congrats on not craving the candy!

Last edited by rodmick : Tue, Aug-13-13 at 14:12.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 10:49
Operation Ann 2013

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fatmomma
I did eat 4 Strawberries without anything added to them. I know Fruit is a No No on induction but I figure, maybe once per week. Its better to have a good wholesome treat such as that than to consume some of these so called "Diet" Bars and Diet Candy...etc at least in my opinion. I am trying to stay away from all those ready made products and just eat healthy nutritious foods

Good job and a much better choice indeed. Funny you mentioned strawberries, I had bought some and eaten a carton before I began back here I still had another carton plus more left. I washed them hulled them and froze them, I had to have one while washing..... No sugar nothing added I think we are good.

Hope everyone is having a great "on plan" day!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 11:38

BF:

Thanks Annie! And rodmick I have actually use two different sweeteners. Splenda packets are my go to for right now, just using one for when I want a cream cheese quickie or something like that. I did purchase some of the new Swerve Sweetener because I read that it does not burn off when baking with it nor leave the taste in your food that splenda does. I bought a small container so that when I am ready to bake something sweet later on I will have some on hand.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 11:42
Operation Ann 2013

Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fatmomma
Thanks Annie! And rodmick I have actually use two different sweeteners. Splenda packets are my go to for right now, just using one for when I want a cream cheese quickie or something like that. I did purchase some of the new Swerve Sweetener because I read that it does not burn off when baking with it nor leave the taste in your food that splenda does. I bought a small container so that when I am ready to bake something sweet later on I will have some on hand.

Swerve? I have never heard of that one. I used to use Sweezfree I think back in the day.....I think I got it on amazon or ebay maybe?
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 12:58

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I've never heard of that sweetener either. I'm having a really rotten day emotionally today. It is almost the date my brother passed in the crash and the company had their second deadly cargo crash this morning. I feel so for the family's and it brought back all the haunting memories of the worst day of my life. I will not dive into chocolate. That is what landed me in the size I am
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 13:05

BF:

I found out about Swerve on Netrition. They have their own website if you want to Google it. I thought I would give it a try. Its somewhat expensive but aren't they all? They do offer samples on their website if you all want to try it though.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-13, 09:54

BF:

I almost forgot I had started this challenge. My bad. Anyway I am still here and still going forward with my plan. Hope everyone else is still on board.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-13, 14:36
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'm here! Still at 157, so surviving maintenance so far (all 3 weeks of it, lol)

That Swerve looks like a good product. It's erythritol and oligosaccharides. AS a type II, I know erythritol is one that doesn't raise my blood sugars or cause me gastro-distress like a lot of sugar- alcohols because supposedly it is not metabolized, and I believe it's safer than sucralose and WAY safer than aspartame, which I will not use at all, if I can avoid it. I wasn't familiar with ogliosacchariades, so looked that up, and supposedly it's basically non-digestible fiber and may even be pre-biotic in stimulating beneficial gut flora.

Mick, how are you doing? I hope you made it through the emotional anniversary ok.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-13, 10:07
Registered Member

Plan: <20g per day
Stats: 195.8/176.4/145 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hello everyone, can I join in at this late date? I'd like to be in the 150s by New Years, and I'm off to a good start (I was at 199 on July 15th, and now I'm 183.3). But I'm wavering, and cheating on the weekends, and I need somebody to kick my butt. (general motivation and support will do if you are unwilling to comply with whuppin).

Keepin'On
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-13, 10:50
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

hi Keepin'on, sure you're welcome!
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-13, 12:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepin'On
Hello everyone, can I join in at this late date? I'd like to be in the 150s by New Years, and I'm off to a good start (I was at 199 on July 15th, and now I'm 183.3). But I'm wavering, and cheating on the weekends, and I need somebody to kick my butt. (general motivation and support will do if you are unwilling to comply with whuppin).

Keepin'On

Welcome Keepin'On, I am sure all of us might have needed a swift kick in the behind from time to time too Your very much welcome here! Ill add you to the list! Best of luck!

P.S I added you to the list,since you did not state where in the 150`s you wanted I put you in the middle at 155
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-13, 12:40

BF:
Default Attn Members-Updated List

Ok, I have updated the list and added the newest member, Ill list it below. Anyone please let me know if I have overlooked anyone.

1fatmomma...Goal: 199 pounds
Alocin75.......Goal: 161 pounds
Annie1gi.......Goal: 264 pounds
ferrygirl........Goal: 147 pounds
Keepin'On.....Goal: 155 pounds
Kosmo1014...Goal: 155 pounds
Lifter...........Goal: 160 pounds
livinright.......Goal: 159 pounds
MizKitty.......Goal: 159 pounds
mnokat.........Goal: 185 pounds
Rodmick.......Goal: 199 pounds
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-13, 01:19
Registered Member

Plan: <20g per day
Stats: 195.8/176.4/145 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

155 is a good goal, thanks for adding it to the list. I'm glad to be here, I need the accountability.

Now here is the first mini-mini goal: get through a Sunday with no cheats, emotional breakdowns, bouts of depression or other excuses to eat something sweet, starchy, or just generally binging. It seems like once I get some time to myself, ie too much time for thinking, I just can't cope in a normal fashion. Does anybody else have this problem with weekends?
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-13, 20:08

Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Keepin'On- Yep, I'm with you there. If I'm home, I just want to nibble all day. But we can do this!

I've made some simple changes recently - I've started using a new app that keeps me on track without feeling punitive. I hope to see some weight changes soon! But I know it will take time. My body really loves its current weight. But I've had four good days in a row, and that included two weekend days.

Hope things are going well for everyone!