Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-06, 10:50
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%
Default MRI update

What a horrible experience that was poor. Poor AJ woke up in the middle of his MRI they had to resedate him and that made him a mess the rest of the day. He cried and was combative, then he just had no balance the rest of the day. Poor little guy.

We spoke with the radiologist briefly and it looks like he is missing salvia glands. That cannot be good long term. I am waiting for our Dr. to call me and explain what this means. We just got the early info because we had a nice radiologist.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-06, 13:03
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Well it turns out AJ does not have any salvia glands or tear glands. This is pretty much undocumented and very rare. Basically no one has heard of it. Our next step is to see an eye doctor and to have his eyes checked out. I have seen him with tears so the doctor thinks the the tear glands must just be too small to be seen on the MRI.

Looks like we will have to work very closely with his dentist and give him plenty of water to keep his mouth wet, and a ton of chap stick for his dry lips.

Poor little guy!!

Anyone that has heard of this I would love to hear your thoughts!!!!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-06, 20:30

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

well at least you ahve a few answers !! that condition is very rare ... but i am sure you have him going to the best doctors and i put my trust in them and God to help him out! poor baby ... you and your son are still in my thoughts !

hugs!
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-06, 13:14
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Question Potty training time or not??

Potty Training???

So when do yo potty train?

Faith was 2 in July and has pooped 3 times on the potty but will never let me me know, I just put there and wait.

AJ will be 3 next month and will pee if I ask him to but never has poop.

What is a good age to start and stick with it?

Any and all suggestion welcome!!!

Help, tired of diapers!
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 12:37
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I've got a daughter who will be 3 in January. She started sleeping in a toddler bed about 20 months. She kept trying to climb out of the crib, so I figured I'd just give her a bed and she transitioned with no problem. We started potty training at 2 1/2. She loves to sit on the potty and she loves to watch her drink and wet doll go on the potty but she wil neither pee nor poop on the potty. At the pre-school she just started they have a potty schedule so we'll see how that goes. Everyone I know who's gone through it has pretty much said they go when they are ready not when you are.
My sister-in-law is going to try the Elimination Communication with her son once he is sitting up on his own. If it works, I'm doing it with my second baby!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 14:54
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Well, my son who will be 3 at the end of the month poop on the potty this morning. Yippie, he has been going pee, but this was the 1st poo. I am so excited!!! I know it is just the first step, but I am thrilled.

My daughter who is 7.5 months younger is also on her way, she has done both, but not consistently.

I will be thrilled when they are both trained and diapers are done!!
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 20:44

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

are you having anymore kids egnue? i can totally tell you that i am not looking forward to diapers again .... ughh

congrats to your son
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-06, 14:04
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

LOL, we are done!!! I am 39 now and DH is 41, both our miracle tots are adopted. So we are blessed and done!!!

Potty training we are doing good, AJ and Faoth both are using the potty!!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 00:26
This is the year

BF:

That's wonderful about the potty! Emily is no closer even though she's been on a schedule for almost 3 weeks. Guess she's rebelling a little since I have gone back to work recently. I am sorry to hear about the missing saliva glands though. That's pretty rough on a young one.

To Elizabeth about your son and whether to put him in PullUps or not - ask your pedi about the night wetting. My stepson is a teenager and has bedwetting issues still. It has something to do with not producing enough of a certain hormone. We have upgraded from PullUps to adult diapers which is quite embarassing for him and he avoids all sleepovers. He does wash his own sheets though if needed.
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-06, 08:52
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Help, Potty Training Question...........

I put pull ups on the kids at nap time and at night and my son has converted to pooing at that time. He was pooing on the potty the first few days of training.

We started training last Tueday.

Help, all sugestions welcome!!!
Now what do I do?
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Nov-13-06, 08:25
This is the year

BF:

If you know exactly what time he generally has his BM, you can try having him sit on the potty from a few minutes before. My friend ended up putting a pullup with a hole cutout and having her son sit on the potty just before it was poop time. Then she eventually removed the pullup. Just remember that potty learning will take a while. It took them several months to learn to eat right and walk without falling down, it's the same with potty training. THey'll eventually get it down but there will be some stumbling on the way.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Nov-24-06, 08:30

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 282/264.5/175 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Talking I'm here!

Just found this thread I am a SAHM to a 18 month old boy, his name is Alexander and is my everything!!!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-06, 14:29
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Thumbs up Day trained daughter at 28 months, Son almost at 3 last week

So glad you have joined us Heather!!

Well, my Daughter is day trained and it happen so quickly and my son is pp trained but a couple times a week still has a poo problem. So no more diapers during the day. Yippie!!! I was so afraid during our power outage from ice that they would regress when we left home, but they did so well. I am a proud Mamma!!! AJ also slept in a reg. bed for the first time while we were at my sister, but refused to sleep in his bed when we got home. To weird because he loved it, but loves his crib more I guess. LOL

I am not going to push the bed though, potty training is enough right now.

How is everyone??
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-06, 14:34

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 282/264.5/175 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 16%

How old are your kids? I'm not pushing potty training until he can tell me in words (he gestures when he passes gas or poops to his bum) that he needs to pee or poop... and right now he's learning 2 languages, so it'll take time for him to do sentences...

My MIL told us to wait until he can climb out of the crib, in order to switch to a Jr bed.

Hugs
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 06:56
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Heather, Good news what your Ped said about the crib, I have no worries then, my kids love their cribs and will never crawl out. They may take them to college and be a bit crowed though, LOL!!! I wish my PAT person would stop bugging me about it.

DD is 28 months old and DS turned 3 last week. They are 7.5 months apart, both our adopted miracle babies!!! You can read on page one of my journal my testimony if you want.

Here is a link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...35&page=1&pp=15

then just scroll down a bit

Take care everyone!!
Gen