Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 09:10
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
She upped my armour dosage to 90mg to see if that will help with some weight loss issues. I was thinking about asking about mixing synthetic with natural, but i feel so good i dont know if i want to start messing with going hyper and getting palpitations. I have prescriptions for both the 90mg and the 60mg armour im currently taking so if i go hyper on the 90, i'll just go back to the 60.

Hmmm... I must've responded to an old message. Sorry, didn't see the latest posting.

My Free T3 tends to be below range without using a little armour. But I didn't feel good on all armour. It gave me insomnia and palpitations and didn't really help the weight loss.

You might try the 90's for awhile. 6-8 weeks. See how it feels. I definitely don't like the feeling of too much T3.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 13:14

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Nancy,
Do you know what the numbers for you Below Range on the T3 are? And the side effects you feel on too much armour are insomnia and palpitations? what should i be looking for?

I really appreciate all your advice. Youre one on the boards I always look for when I need help!

Thanks
  #33   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 19:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/208/130 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress:

GOOD FOR YOU!! I spent my whole life with an enlarged thyroid. My family doctor that I saw never had me tested. Last year, I decided to change doctors. Turns out my thyroid was 6 times the normal size, I had nodules, was headed on my way to thyroid cancer. Very relieved it was not!! Yeah.. I can so understand your joy at finally getting the attention you deserve from your doctor.