Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 10:06

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 172/161/165 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Question Slow Burn Follow Up

Hey, all -

As a one month veteran of low carb eating, this is my first post here, though I've lurked for a while!

I've just begun Power of 10 slow burn training (I just finished Body for Life last week!) and I have to say I've never enjoyed working out so much in my entire life - am very curious if any of you slow burners are stll doing it and what you've learned along the way?

thanks,
michael
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 11:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/136.5/125 Female 159 cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

I'm still doing it. I still enjoy it much more than normal exercise! I haven't been doing it long enough to see obvious results yet though - it doesn't seem to have sped up my weight loss, but that may be due to muscle gain.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 11:46

BF:
Progress:

I wouldn't really expect weight loss, but fat loss/muscle gain as well as improvements in body shape and tone - how often do you check your bodyfat %?
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 12:21
Registered Member

Stats: 147/136.5/125 Female 159 cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

I do have some body fat scales but I find it difficult to get a consistent reading - they go up and down so much. I haven't noticed any major change though.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 18:17

BF:
Progress:

I'm getting mine tested on Monday - fingers crossed! :-)
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 17:32

Plan: CAD and Atkins
Stats: 165/125/? Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 117%

I am so happy to have dug up this thread. I just discovered the Slow Burn method and have been doing it since the first week of January. I just completed my 4th week and I'm getting great results. I find I'm doing it an average of 40 minutes twice a week. I have been weight training for years with VHS videos (Cathe Friedrich being my favorite). Since I've been weight training a long time I already have a lot of dumbells, a barbell, steps for a bench, etc. I just purchased a weighted vest and a squat rack so I can go heavier on my legs. I also know a lot of exercises thanks to my videos. I wouldn't say this is a better way of training than my videos but different and shorter. Also, I would say I've gained more strength with this method. I plan to continue this until the end of March. Until then I will have a better opinion. So far I can see myself doing this for a long time.

Does anyone have Fred Hahn's video set? I'm dying to know what's in it. I must know before I make a purchase. I even asked on his site but couldn't get an answer from anyone.

It's been a long time since anyone has replied to this thread and I would love to know how things are going with all of you who have stuck to it.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 17:56

Stats: 188/156.5/150 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

I'm bumping this thread back up to the top to see if anyone has more information on the Slow Burn Method and more particularly Fred Hahn's instructional video.

Thanks!

Karen
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 16:15

BF:
Progress:
Smile Still Going Strong!

Hey - I've stayed very active with my Power of 10 Slow Burn workouts 1 or 2 times a week, and have continued to see slow but steady results, including increased muscle tone, fairly consistent weight maintenance (I go up and down 1 or 2 pounds, but that's it), decreasing waist (dipping down to 31 (I began at 34) and increasing chest (began at 38, now at 40).

I've also been pretty consistent with diet - aiming for around 100 grams of protein and 60 - 80 grams of healthy carbs a day, although I don't actively count meal by meal anymore. I don't track fat at all, though I'm very careful with sugar.

Don't know the Hahn tapes - i've found his workout a little bit more difficult to follow than the Power of 10, although I get that it's pretty much identical!

Thumbs up,
michael
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 17:01

Plan: CAD and Atkins
Stats: 165/125/? Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 117%

Michael I notice you've done BFL? How do you compare the BFL workouts with the SlowBurn/Power 10?
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 05:45

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Glad I've found this thread as I'm in the process of reading Frederick Hahn's Slow Burn with a view to beginning the programme.

Several questions that I had have been answered by this thread - but I just wondered if any of you who were originally doing the Slow Burn workout are still doing so ??