Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 23:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/229.6/200 Male 73 inches (that's 6'1)
BF:??%%/24.5%
Progress: 80%

I am in the Issaquah/Bellevue area and I have a few favorite places that I shop.

#1 on the list has GOT to be Seattle Super Supplments in Renton. They have the biggest selection of Atkins products at the very best prices anywhere. There stock moves fast too. They get two shipments a week of Atkins stuff and it flies off the shelf. I guarantee that if you buy Atkins supplements or food products you will find the prices outstanding. (ok, in rereading this it sounds like I work for them, honestly I don't have any connection to them whatsoever!)

#2 has to be the Safeway in Eastgate. They have a decent selection of Atkins and other low carb foods but they have been my most reliable source for low-carb tortillas.

#3 would be Nature's Pantry in Bellevue. Health food store that was the first place I saw carrying low-carb bread.

#4 Good Health on the Sammamish Plateau. Small store but they sell Keto foods which I am just now starting to try.

#5 Matthew's Thriftway on Lakemont Blvd Bellevue (Cougar Mountain). They have a growing selection. They had nothing six months ago and now has a better selection than 2 - 4 on my list. Sadly, their prices are high and they are often sold out.

That's my $0.02 from what the Eastside has to offer.

Brett

Last edited by Operaghost : Sun, Jun-22-03 at 23:06.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 01:24
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

Tarragon
Happy Belated Birthday...I hope you had a wonderful Low carb birthday!!!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 15:22

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

I have a question for the Washingtonians

I'm thinking seriously I'll have to make a run down to Bellingham to stock up on some items that are difficult to impossible to locate where I am.
I see there is a Cash and Carry in Bellingham. Would that be a good place to buy DaVinci's syrups and Hansen's Diet soda? Does one need a membership to shop there?

Any other outlets in Bellingham I should cruise by?

Thanks
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 15:54
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Cash and carry is a great place to buy Da Vinci, and you don't need a membership. I've never seen the Hansen's at ours -- we get that at Trader Joes. (Don't know whether there's a TJ's in Bellingham, though.)
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 16:08
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:

Greengenes, thanks so much for that Cash and Carry link! Now I can check their weekly specials.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 20:49

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGale
Cash and carry is a great place to buy Da Vinci, and you don't need a membership. I've never seen the Hansen's at ours -- we get that at Trader Joes. (Don't know whether there's a TJ's in Bellingham, though.)

Thanks RGale
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 17:02
Registered Member

Stats: 188/187/172 Female 67"
BF:30%
Progress: 6%

Hi! I am from Sequim on the Olympic Pennisula. So, groovygirl and Vicrock we are neighbors. Hope you are having continued success with your lowcarbing!

Besides myself, I have 2 neighbors that are lowcarbing, so it's great to talk and share recipes. I think that's what is the big issue for me. What to eat!!!!!

Anyone else have this problem? I get bored with the same thing so any new and great ideas, send them this way and I will too. Just bought an ice cream maker and made vanilla and peppermint/chocolate. Only 3.7g of carbs for 1/2 cups.

The thing that is hard right now is not gorging on fruit. Any one else having this problem?

I read a lot about the Di Vinci syrup. What are you all making with it?

I shop at these places on the pennisula: Health peddlers, Country-Aire, Sunny Farms, Wal mart for delite candy, and health food store at the mall in Silverdale.

Hope to hear from you all about how it's going. Be glad to share recipes.

Bye!
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 10:49

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 285/275/135 Female 5'3"
BF:baby's got back
Progress: 7%
Arrow

Hello,

A fellow Washingtonian (Redmond) here. I think everyone has mentioned great places. Thanks for the information about Cash & Carry in Bellevue. I'll have to visit that place this weekend.

If anyone would like a local motivational buddy - we can communicate via email - and perhaps eventually meet up somewhere

Email me,
~Danielle
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 12:01
Registered Member

Stats: 188/187/172 Female 67"
BF:30%
Progress: 6%

Hi Danielle: Good to hear from another Washington resident. How are you doing on the Paleo diet? I don't know much about it. I am doing Atkins.

This is a great site! Check back often for ideas and inspiration.

Good luck,
Sherrillbj
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 12:16

Stats: 165/165/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:

Hi guys~ I'm from Stanwood, like a few others on the board. Boy have our options increased lately! Haggen is carrying Atkins stuff, including newly the choc and vanilla ice cream! Cornucopia has lots of LC choices, like ketchup and teriyaki sauce. Rite Aid is where I get candy or protein bars.
I am dying to try Soy Slender chocolate!! If anyone can tell me where to buy it locally, please do! I have requested it at Haggen and Cornucopia,but I didn't have enough info for them to order it.
Good to see all of you here
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:22

Stats: 165/165/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Default Found it!

Found that Soy Slender, thanks to Operaghost. Yum, it makes a great LC mocha! (Fred Meyer)
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 11:04
Registered Member

Stats: 308/264.5/153 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi everyone. I'm from Everett. I have only been LC'ing for three weeks, so it's great to hear where everyone is shopping. I have mainly been getting things at Fred Meyer's. They carry a pretty big selection of Atkins.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 17:48

Stats: // Male 69 inches
BF:27%/21%/15%
Progress: -27977%

LCer here in Redmond WA, just started 3 weeks ago.

The Fred Meyer, GNC, QFC here in Redmond have an ok selection. I've been to Trader Joe's before I was on Atkins, so I'll have to go back and check out what they have for LCers.

I also found a place on the web that says they are opening a LC store here in Redmond. Sent them an email today to see if it's open yet, but haven't heard back yet.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 14:17
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone,
Seems like there are a lot of us concentrated in a small area! I live between Renton & Maple Valley and work in Bellevue. My DH works in Redmond, so we spend lots of time on the Eastside.

This is only my 7th day on Atkins, so I don't really know where to get a lot of LC products. I can vouch for Seattle Super Supplements, though. I've been shopping there for years and was thrilled when they opened their Renton store. (Even though I worked in Seattle for 3 years I'd still rather not go there. Driving in the city stresses me out and I have a thing about parking: it should be free.)

Just wanted to say Hi!
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 14:48
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%

For all us Cash & Carry shoppers ...

DaVinci Syrup has been repriced to $3.29 a bottle! What a bargain! With my current addiction, I don't think I could stand living somewhere where I'd have to ship it to me for 3 times as much.