Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 04:29
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Hi Judy and everyone, how is everyone getting along with their commitment to losing these christmas lbs?!

Well, another 1lbs off for me - that'll be 4lbs off since 27th I am pleased I have managed to step back on the plan so easily. I don't like eating off plan anymore, I use to get a kick out of it, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. I much prefer the feeling I get eating good whole foods and I detest the uncomfortable flu type feeling I get from bad carbs or far too much fat.
3lbs more to go before I am back to where I was before the holiday.

Go everyone WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone with the next few days!!
xx
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 09:08
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
that'll be 4lbs off since 27th

Yayyy!! Thats great!!

I'm doing well too......I need to stay very clean over this coming weekend!! I also need to do exercise this weekend
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 12:13

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

We have a lot going on this weekend.
I know what I have to do and if I repeat it enough times I know I can stick to my plan.

I hope everyone has a Wonderful Start to the New Year.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 15:15

Plan: South Beach (restart)
Stats: 330/267.5/190 Female 65"
BF:47.5%
Progress: 45%

I'm about ready to take it all on! I've been backing down the last few days and two pounds have come off. The sugar cravings are killers, but I know how to fight them. I have beat them before and will again.

Going off track just reinforced in my mind how bad sugar is for this mind and body!

Happy New Year everybody!
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 06:41

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Weight this am 192.5
Just .5 away from my stats.

Treadmill done 20 minutes= 1 mile
Weeks total.....1hr 50 min = 5.62 miles
Didn't do 30 minutes as a little pain in knee and ankle.

Need to hold to my plan for the day/evening. NO GRAZING ALL NITE!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 09:30

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%

I hope you all don't mind me joining in with PHASE I- REDUX. Looks like fun.

As of this morning I've lost the 3 pounds gained over the holidays. I've been eating a fairly strict Phase II. I'll be starting Phase I for 2 weeks starting Tuesday.

After a lot of thought I decided to make a push for a new low of 175. I've been meaning to do this for the last year and just didn't get motivated. Maintaining on the beach is too painless. Right now I weigh 190 and will adjust my official stats up from 185.

It feels really good to be eating totally clean and correct. I'm looking forward to Phase I and will start posting my chow, in my journal again, on Tuesday morning. I'll also be upping the exercise...been slacking a bit...we have a snowshoeing trip, near Cameron Pass, planned for New Years day. What a great way to start the New Year.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 10:51
Attitude is a Choice

Morning!

I'm also happy to report that my weight has gotten back to pre holiday numbers. I was up a total of 3 lbs and it was water weight from alcohol as I did not over eat or go off plan very much at all.

My food has been a very clean phase II...very few grains and a couple of fruits each day. Lots of veggies, some lean protein, fish a few times this week....some well placed and filling snacks...and water!!

Tonight I'm going to get a lobster and make something yummy like a fra diavlo !!

I love eating this way!!

Happy New Year to my buddies!!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 11:12
From Flab to Fab!

Have come down another 1.5lbs since yesterday. I need to get the remainding 1.5 off and then I'm right back where I started!

Hope everyone has a great new years! (I'm going to not drink a lot, I have designated myself as the driver....so I can only have two drinks max...I would have staggered home otherwise and that would have shot my efforts down in fire!)
xx
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 13:09
From Flab to Fab!

Hi PStar, of course we don't mind you joining in, the more the merrier
Nice to have you here!
xx
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 14:01

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to stop by and say tomorrow I am back on the beach! I am very excited about this. I went to the supermarket and I bought lots of veggies, lean meat, and legal cheeses. I look forward to starting the new year off right. Tomorrow will be my weigh in day-the first day of the rest of my life. I told hubby I am not going to try anymore just do. I know it will be hard-I'd be fooling myself if I didnt think that there will rough times ahead. But I am going to think positive and think of all the yummy foods that I can eat on this plan! Heres to a great new years!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 03:30
From Flab to Fab!

wooo hoo! How did everyone do on gthe New year? I had two glasses of red wine with my dinner which was duck (no skin) broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. The host had some LF cheese for me to put on the cauli and also put the plumb sauce for the duck in a jug so I didn't have to have any! What a sweetie!
I didn't gain anything overnight so I am happy for that!! In fact I think I lost a tiny bit (but I don't want to chance my arm so i'm waiting till mondays weigh in to be sure!!)

How did everyone else get on?
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 09:41
Attitude is a Choice

I did well last night....I had 1 glass of white wine and I made a fra diavolo for dinner with dreamfields linguini, lobster meat, squid and spicy red sauce. It was amazing!!

My weight was back to where I was as of yesterday so it took me 5 whole days to do it.

Way to go Hazel!!

Welcome Back Naomi!!
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 10:06

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%

I did better last night than I expected. I had couple of white russians and snacked on a few triscuts w/cheddar and mixed nuts. Weight is up 1lb this morning as it always is when I have alcohol. Having prime rib today with veg stir fry and cauliflower, The prime rib is a little higher in fat than my usual chow...but...it's new years day. Cracking the whip tomorrow.
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 11:24

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hey all! Starting tomorrow (monday) I am back on the Beach Phase1 for 2 weeks. I have to get back on track after the holidays.
Hugs everybody
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 12:45

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Everyone,
OMG I am so excited!! i am getting very enthusiastic over everybody elses enthusiasm. LOL. Thats great!! My new years resolution is to keep a positive mindset. I believe if I do that then the weight will follow. Anyhoo, yesterday was a great night of karaoke, bad karaoke if I might add and eating and drinking way too many bacardi apple twisters, and white russians. But today is a new day! I havent ate anything yet. I came here to focus me a little bit before I start my day. Anyways have a great one all and thank you soo much for the nice warm welcome back. I do appreciate it so