Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 02:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Talking Can't Wait to Start BFL!

Went to meet my gal pal for coffee in the afternoon. She is going to start Body for Life with me. I’m still waiting for the book which I ordered from Chapters a few days ago, which I paid full price for and postage!!!!! Anyways, we went to Extra foods today to buy some new deli cheese and here there was one book left on the shelve on sale for $19.95.....we asked the clerk if she had any more in the back, and there was none, so I said that I would bite the bullet and pay the extra $20 and wait for the one I have on order and she could have the one in the store......were both exciting to get started.
She’s a health nut freak too, and she has been jogging for years outside, most early mornings as soon as she finishes her breakfast though, however, I’ve been telling her lately (from the help from you folks at this forum) that less cardio is better and to start adding a weight lifting program such as BFL and to do her workouts first thing in the morning on a empty stomach, she is astonished to hear this as I was, but she’s starting to contemplate that maybe, just maybe it will help you to lose weight faster, its not that she is overweight, she just can’t get rid of her last 10-15 stuborn pounds......I still have to push myself to do my workouts in the mornings when I get up, especially on my working days, but I do still wait at least 2 hours after my supper to do my workouts if I wait till the evening....its hard to do a workout first thing in the morning, but I do understand the concept and end results and I think I might get into it more once I read the whole book, that might just get me more motivated.

Thanks Nat and Everyone, I look forward to the workouts!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 09:59

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
Do they have a 2.5 increment set to exchange? If not, just raise hell. Don't consider it a refund, consider it compensation for an "unsuitable" set
Wa'il

Yes, they have a set with 2.5 increments. I believe they call it a Personal Plus set. Problem is that I've already invested $308 plus tax and the other set would be an additional $160. I'm just not prepared to spend that much more! And I still need a bench! If I had my choice at this point I'd return my set and just use the gym at the rec center (which is what I'm doing now while I wait to resolve the problem, anyway.)

Marlaien
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 13:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Marlaine
Problem is that I've already invested $308 plus tax and the other set would be an additional $160.

I'd say don't give up trying to get a full refund, regardless of their stupid policy. It's not like you changed your mind about the colour or anything. If the sales person keeps saying he'll "see what he can do" look for a manager, it's peanuts to their sales figures. Good luck

Wa'il
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 22:35

BF:
Talking Got My Book In

Yippie I got the book in, and I’m nearly finished, not much for reading, but it sounds intriguing. I just finished the 20 minute Aerobics Solution on the treadmill. I walked intensively fast and jogged at different levels as well. Whew! The sweat was just pouring from my neck. I would rate my level as a 7-8? but I'm not sure as I will have to learn the rates of levels yet. Its amazing that this is going to work in less time than from all the fast walking on the treadmill I’ve been doing all this time. I am so glad I can do this in less time with my busy schedule.

Tomorrow I will set my alarm early and and will officially start tomorrow as my Day 1 and do the 20-minute Aerobics over again and go by the daily chart as it reads on page 78 on a empty stomach too, and take sundays off as well. Meanwhile I will re-read the weight training part and set up a schedule on how much weight and how many reps I can do on the chart too.

I am so excited, the pictures of the people in the book who have lost weight, it's amazing.

Oh yes, Nat, I went to the Yahoo BFL for Women club, you don’t want to mention low carb, or Atkins at that place, its a taboo word to them and their wicked! Oh well, I’m not going to waste my energy explaining why Atkins has helped me get healthy. There are a few nice ladies who are following LC that are very friendly though.

I will also have to go buy some Glutamine in the powder form, all I have is the capsules and I don't think thats going to be enough. Again thank you so much for this wonderful understanding forum and your excellent tips on doing this Nat!

Take care!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 23:20

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
I'd say don't give up trying to get a full refund

Good suggestion on your part. I went to the manager and ultimately he did give me a refund. I think I'm going to just do this at the gym for the time being. It's just as easy for me and at least I'm awake when I start sweating that way!

Marlaine
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 00:14
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Marlaine
I went to the manager and ultimately he did give me a refund.

Reason prevailed, good for you!

Wa'il
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 00:24
Forum Founder

Default Re: Got My Book In

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
Oh yes, Nat, I went to the Yahoo BFL for Women club, you don?t want to mention low carb, or Atkins at that place, its a taboo word to them

They should rename themselves, Weight Whatching Women on BFL

After reading the BFL Q&A chapter, it states high-carb diet benefit is a myth, and in another question he talks positively about oils and EFA's. Without working the numbers from the menu samples, it looks roughly close to the Zone blocks.

Wa'il
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 08:13

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Going "by the book" it is supposed to work out to 40/40/20 - and yet there is the admonishion to 'avoid bread' and 'refined foods'. I think he wanted it to be as main stream as possible - it is lower carbs but like most main stream plans it is also low fat. Perhaps we will be able to perfect the program and then let the rest of them know

Nat
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 00:59

BF:
Question Barbell

Does anyone know how much the bar is in the barbell set that is called York?

I have no clue how many pounds it is, and I really don't want to move my weight scale if I don't have to?
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 23:32
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 210/185/185
BF:
Default barbell weight

Most barbells are 20#
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 07:44

BF:

They vary, Chrissy. I have one that weighs 16lbs and another that weighs 11 lbs. I'd suggest lugging the bar up (or down) to your scales and checking.

Nat
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:30

BF:

Thats it! Here I thought it would be around 45 lbs.....LOL

Well, I guess I better move the scale downstairs to make sure how much I'm pressing.

Tomorrow is weight training day, so I find out then. Thanks Nat & bkcooper!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:40

BF:

Chrissy, the Olympic bars are the ones that weigh 45lbs

Nat
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 17:21

BF:

Bump to advise that the sticky has been updated with a few new links and information.

Nat
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 22:20

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default NAT

Hi Nat,
I love reading about your progress and am wondering if theres some pic's of you somewhere to nosey at
You must be unrecognisable from what you used to look like and I wouldnt want to miss it if theres something other than a head shot somewhere to be found