Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#391   ^
Old Fri, Dec-01-06, 12:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 5.8
BF:
Progress: 54%

Yeh candid, sorry to hear of your bad times but you will do it.

Ran 25 minutes, just over two miles this morning.
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 12:44

BF:

Weather awful havent been out this week :-(
  #393   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 06:32

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthy
Weather awful havent been out this week :-(

Sounds like our weather here, but it's been allot longer than a week for me since I last ran.
  #394   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 00:37

BF:

anyone still running?
  #395   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 04:10

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

I just started back last week. I injured my foot in the marathon and had to take 6 wks off. Been doing the elliptical trainer instead. I've been following the NHE diet (carb cycling) during this period.
  #396   ^
Old Sat, Feb-03-07, 21:49

Plan: Weight Loss Study
Stats: 203/134.2/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 94%

I started Couch to 5K on Jan 1 and started a buddy thread in the Challenges board. I've got W5D3 tomorrow - my first time running 20 min at a stretch. I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to make it all the way through, but I'm going to do my best!

I'm going to sign up for the St Paddy's Day run on March 11th, so I hope I'm through the program by then! Either way I'll definitely do it - I may just walk some if I haven't made my way to running that distance yet.
  #397   ^
Old Sun, Feb-04-07, 12:51

BF:

Good for you tj! come back on and see if you made it, if you didnt you will do it soon!!
The most ive run non stop is 34 minutes, i started couch last may I think it was or was it march! so as you can see havent pushed myself too hard! But i go out three times a week so am consistant.
good luck with the training!
  #398   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 10:04

BF:

I made it! 20 minutes without stopping. I'm so proud of myself! I start week 6 on Tuesday. I hope that week goes as well as week 5 did!

Ruthy - good for you for staying with it. That is really my goal as well, to run regularly for health. I'll sign up for a few 5Ks just because they are fun and they keep me motivated to run. Around here, we have 5Ks year around, so I can always find one.
  #399   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-07, 01:52

BF:

Hi Tj, brilliant!! it feels good when you get to another level. I was all set to go out this morning but its really pouring, i dont mind getting a little wet but I couldtn run in this, never mind there is tomorrow or maybe later on today if it stops. As long as i get out three times a week at least i'm happy!
  #400   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-07, 22:19
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

I used to run. I want to again. I've gained a lot of weight back not running - anyone have any suggestions on getting started again? I mean, I know I have to go back to square one - but I look at that treadmill and it just seems so overwhelming. I don't live in a safe enough area to run by myself(and I don't have a running companion) so that's out at this time. So any motivational factors would really help. Thanks!
  #401   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-07, 05:35

BF:

hi rissa,
nice to meet you! dont worry about going back to the beginning, could you start a program like the couch potato to 5k? something to aim for. You are doing well on the weight loss, share your success are you on induction or something elsE? i'm stuck in a rut!
  #402   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-07, 07:37

Plan: Atkins/ME
Stats: 145/140/130 Female 5'6"
BF:?
Progress: 33%

Hi fellow runners.........it is nice to chat with people who share the same interest. I run quite a bit, 4-5 miles a day 4-5 times a week. I run outside ( I live in a pretty rural area) in all kinds of weather, but today is pretty nice for northern new england in the winter and the suns out and it's going to be in the 30's...whooohoooo...LOL) However , since LCing, I really have not lost weight and particularly on the days after I take a longer run, the scales goes up a abit. So i have actually been considering doing long power walks in lieu of some of my "running" days. Has anyone else had a similar experience???

I believe my muscles retain water after more strenueous runs, hence the scale moving upward. But today, I plan to get out there.

I look forward to hearing from anyone!!
Thanks,
Cindy
  #403   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-07, 17:53
Chaos in the flesh!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthy
hi rissa,
nice to meet you! dont worry about going back to the beginning, could you start a program like the couch potato to 5k? something to aim for. You are doing well on the weight loss, share your success are you on induction or something elsE? i'm stuck in a rut!

I'm not really doing well at all - I've gained 40 lbs back - reinducting is the best way to kickstart - its what always gets me back on plan. fat cycling also seems to work well for me while on induction versus the meat and egg fast. It follows the same process as carb cycling, but using fat. I eat leaner meats for the mostpart and 2 days a week I go all out with yummy fatty pork - If you typically eat fatty foods, lean cycle - take 2 days out of the week and eat very lean. Then go back to the fattier eating. I think its safer than carb cycling - because i don't get tempted to go back to the carbs. Hope this helps!
  #404   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-07, 17:54
Chaos in the flesh!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgirl
Hi fellow runners.........it is nice to chat with people who share the same interest. I run quite a bit, 4-5 miles a day 4-5 times a week. I run outside ( I live in a pretty rural area) in all kinds of weather, but today is pretty nice for northern new england in the winter and the suns out and it's going to be in the 30's...whooohoooo...LOL) However , since LCing, I really have not lost weight and particularly on the days after I take a longer run, the scales goes up a abit. So i have actually been considering doing long power walks in lieu of some of my "running" days. Has anyone else had a similar experience???

I believe my muscles retain water after more strenueous runs, hence the scale moving upward. But today, I plan to get out there.

I look forward to hearing from anyone!!
Thanks,
Cindy

Your body will retain water after a walk or a run. Its best to just weigh yourself once a day at the same time, typically in the morning right after you wake up. I found that on a 5 mile run, I could gain 3 lbs - which by morning was gone, along with another lb or two.
  #405   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-07, 22:54

BF:

Rissa - if you're looking for an easy program to help you get back into running, I really love the couch to 5k program. You can find all of the info here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=319469 . If you like it, join our challenge!

I just finished week 6 - 25 minutes straight of running! I feel like an official runner now that I don't walk in between! 4 weeks until my first 5K!

cwgirl - I'm in a similar situation. I just started weight training a few weeks ago and I've been holding steady ever since. I'm told my body will respond to the diet again after a few weeks, so I hope to see some loss this week!

ruthy - thanks for the encouragement. I've really got to get outside here soon. I hear that running on a treadmill is a lot easier than running outside, so I really need to work up to that before the 5K!