Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#346   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-10, 14:23

Plan: JUDDD 4/30/2012
Stats: 154/141/135 Female 54.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

My workout regimen, missjess, is running 3-5 miles in the morning, then weight training in the afternoon. That is, the three days a week I do not work.

It does suck some days, no doubt about it. Quite often I have to MAKE myself do it. What I did find out is once I am in a regular routine, to take time off from it for awhile really seems to affect my mentality, I get more down on myself, I don't seem to like myself as much. Then I realize the benefits of regular exercise are so worthwhile, it makes my workout routine more tolerable...

As for the gorgeous men at the gym, sometimes that is all they are about, and don't have much substance to them. Quite frankly, a lot of them are only going to give the time of day to model type girls. I feel as though I am attractive, but certainly not a knockout. To have realized this many years ago helped me overcome similar thoughts to yours. Even gorgeous ones that were interested in me, were still more interested in themselves before me. I find the same thing with good looking doctors where I work. Usually too self absorbed. Likewise some girls won't pay attention to a man who does not make enough money. We all have fears to deal with. You KNOW you are worthwhile getting to know no matter what your size or level of fitness, but what is most attractive to men is your confidence in yourself...so take care of yourself and do what makes you feel better about yourself.

When I used to work 8 hour days instead of 12, I used to not allow myself to sit down after work because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep going and get the things done that needed attending to. I guess for all of us it comes down to a decision, and we are not going to feel equally motivated day in and day out. Just do the best you can, and try to start with just adding a tiny little workout in every day. Possibly as you start to feel better, you may feel more motivated to do more. Best to you...
Sponsored Links
  #347   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-11, 05:24

BF:

To all those interested in Carb Cycling, I have started a Carb Cycling challenge over on the the Buddies and Challenges Board. There is an outline of the basics of carb cycling, one I have used before and did quite well with. It is easy to follow and fit into your life in my opinion. If you would like to join the challenge, come see me there. I was hoping we could encourage each other and learn from each other to make this THE year to lose the weight and really keep it off. Go 2011!!
  #348   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-11, 16:50

Plan: very low fiber
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 67 in.
BF:dont know
Progress: 0%

I have been reading everyone's inspirational stories in this thread! Wow! You guys are all brave!

I am on the Belly Fat Cure diet. This is my first full day, really. I chose this WOE because it felt not so restrictive. I wanted this change to be one I made for good, for life. I just cannot imagine going through life never eating another sandwich, or no cake on my birthday or anyone else's. That is not going to work on a life long plan. This is the trade off.
  #349   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-11, 17:50
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I just started the Perfect Health Diet.

http://www.perfecthealthdiet.com
  #350   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-11, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin
Stats: 315/304/160 Female 5 ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Anyone on the 17 day diet?
  #351   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-11, 17:07
Registered Member

BF:

Anyone on the 17 day diet?
  #352   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-11, 21:42

BF:

classykare, I have never heard of the 17 day diet...do tell.
  #353   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-11, 06:24
Registered Member

BF:

Its the latest big thing on Dr Phil The Doctors tv web site etc you can google it. 4 cycles of 17 days seems very moderate low carb after 1 cycle
  #354   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-11, 22:14
Registered Member

Plan: experimenting
Stats: 140/140/120 Female 171cm / 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

My workout regimen...I do 90 minutes of Bikram hatha hot yoga every other morning, and run at least a mile every day. I'd like to progress to 2 miles. I also live in the city, so I'm lucky enough that I can get everywhere by walking, which I usually end up doing for at least an hour every day.

I plan on eating plently of green vegetables, as well as slightly smaller amount of yellow vitamin A-type veggies which are hard to eat too much of anyway, and legumes. Those followed by lean protein, and then fruits. I don't eat red meat too often- perhaps a serving or two each week. I'm also going to eat whole grain carbs like multigrain rice, quinoa, steel-cut oats etc once in a while. I'm allergic to most dairy, but a bit of cheese or skim yogourt once in a while won't cause me to go crazy.

Lalalaaa
  #355   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-11, 08:54

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
I can totally relate to this, Barb. I was/am the same way for a very long time when it came to my weight.
What I did differently this time was to decide. I had to decide to not reward myself with food and not allow the complacency to set in. Not allow myself to put my feet up and coast along. Eventhough I felt amazing, I still had work to do, and it is work!!

THIS.

I love it. Needed to read this today..Thanks.
  #356   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-11, 09:34
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
I can totally relate to this, Barb. I was/am the same way for a very long time when it came to my weight.
What I did differently this time was to decide. I had to decide to not reward myself with food and not allow the complacency to set in. Not allow myself to put my feet up and coast along. Eventhough I felt amazing, I still had work to do, and it is work!!

THIS.

I love it. Needed to read this today..Thanks.

Great!! Glad that its helping you today.
  #357   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-11, 10:28

Plan: Home tailored
Stats: 153/149/137 Female 5ft6in
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hello all,

Haven't visited in a loooong time. Been on and off with a calorie tracking website, seeing me 10lbs lighter in the long 5 years.....2lb a year weight loss....hmmmm not quite what I envisioned.

Been getting closer and closer to a vegan diet and realised this is playing havoc with my eating and food choices. relying more and more on junk foods and need to readdress the balance. Visited here, worked out some figures and have a visit to the personal trainer booked. These are the ratios and I will be asking to build muscle in my torso mainly (low cal has killed off my abs, I am flabbier 10lbs lighter on low cal).

This is the bootcamp calories, with a 40:40:30 ratio. Will be moving up in cals next Thursday but sticking to same ratios.
Target Grams Cals
Carbohydrate 117.3 440.0
Protein 82.5 330.0
Fat 36.7 330.0

Will be checking in over here to get LC motivation, support and ideas

x
  #358   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-11, 12:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/209/149 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I am watching carbs but my new novel idea is to eat in moderation and EAT ONLY WHAT I LIKE. I eat when hungry and stop when full. I am very interested in ending eating disordered behavior. I ate food I did not like since I was 10 years old..Not any more...G
  #359   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-11, 22:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory33
I am watching carbs but my new novel idea is to eat in moderation and EAT ONLY WHAT I LIKE. I eat when hungry and stop when full. I am very interested in ending eating disordered behavior. I ate food I did not like since I was 10 years old..Not any more...G

Hi Glory, watching your progress with interest. What say you start a journal so we can follow your novel idea?
  #360   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-11, 17:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/137/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Hi, wonder if this thread is still active.

I think I'm in on this idea of moderate carbs. I am SO TIRED of thinking so hard about food all the time. I am so tired of feeling dread when someone invites me to their house for dinner or a party and there's always something. I need to be able to eat what I really want to eat and not eat what I don't like but there shouldn't be any forbidden foods.

I have been a mostly vegetarian for the last two years and now I'm starting to move toward eating meat again. A higher protein and fat diet has always made me feel better. Lowfat diets make my blood sugar go crazy.

Tonight I'm having some Italian sausage with peppers and onions and a glass of wine. For lunch I had a Greek salad and a few strawberries. For breakfast I had mushrooms and peppers and cheese.

But Wednesday I've been invited to this bakery where the cupcakes are to die for. Will I get a cupcake? You betcha. Im not going to stop living my life and avoiding social things. Am I going to eat cupcakes every day? No, of course not. I suppose if that means I can't lose the weight or it's slow going, then *shrugs*

Hi! Hope all of you are having a good day!