Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 12:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/267/135 Female 62
BF:48%/47.70%/?%
Progress: 29%

Thank you for your help... I still buy bacon even if I know it has the sugars in it, I was just wondering if someone discovered a better brand. I just limit my bacon to once a week so I don't over-do it.

I will be sure to check out Hi-Health.
Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 20:18

Stats: 250/202/185 Male 6'0"
BF:29.7%
Progress: 74%

Hey All! I am in Glendale very close to the new Coyotes/Cardinals stadium site.

I am a frequent Hi-Health shopper as they have the best selection I have found. The Wal-Marts are starting to carry some LC stuff, which is nice.

Someone told me there is a LC exclusive store neat Cactus and 51st Avenue... is this true? Are there any others???

Thanks!
Web
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 20:28

Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi there.

There are Low Carb Mall stores all over town. Go to their website to find out details. However, now that HiHealth is carrying a bunch of LC stuff, I go to LCM a lot less. They are more expensive than HH. Sometimes, though, they do carry stuff that HH doesn't have yet. I say "yet" because HH has new stuff every time I go in.... it's amazing! Oh and the LCM stores vary in their selection. The absolute best selection is at their main store in Tempe.

One other thing for Arizonans.... Shamrock Farms now has chocolate milk sweetened with Splenda if you haven't noticed in the grocery store yet. It seems to be everywhere. Of course it still has the milk carbs, but all in all it's pretty low.

Just thought I'd share.

Take care. And please post AZ lowcarb info as you get it and I'll do the same.

P.S. WalMart is getting more LC stuff in their frozen section (at the Super Centers). They have those Chef's Choice frozen dinners, LeCarb icecream, and the BlueBunny Sweet Freedom stuff too. Yum!

Jill in (central) Phoenix
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 17:35
Contributing Member

Stats: 319/268/130 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:53/48.2/25
Progress: 27%
Default New Items

Basha's carriers a line of frozen dinners specifically for low-carbers (not like lean cuisine who just took the rice or pasta off of one of their dreadful meals) It's called Life Choice by the company who makes healthy choice and they are legitamately low carb with 10-15 net carbs per serving some of the dishes look very much like LC dishes I have made from the atkins book.

Anyway thought I would share. I do not advocating living off of these but its nice to know when you are drop dead tired and cant cook that there is an option.

T

BTW I live in Mesa ... hi all
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 17:37

Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Fry's has LifeChoice also.

And the Fry's near my house is now carrying Mission brand low carb FLOUR tortillas that taste and look exactly like their non-LC cousins. They are 7 ECC each. They also have a whole wheat variety.

So far I have made LC enchiladas and had a breakfast burrito this morning.

To die for!!!!!!!!

Jill (central Phx)
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 09:10
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 268/257/150 Female 68
BF:39%
Progress: 9%
Good morning everyone,

I am from Glendale, moved last August. I lived in Scottsdale for 12 years, but lived in Phoenix prior to that. I was born and raised in Phoenix.
I started LCing since mid-March 2004. I have exercised since Oct/2003 after my physical therapy. I got hooked on exercise from physical therapy. I have done several "diets", check out my profile. I buy vitamins and supplements from Cinema Park Health Food stores, very cheap and excellent quality brands. I also buy a multivitamin and calcium online, excellent quality. I quit "cold turkey" on my meds, two since beginning of March/2004 and four since Nov/2003. I have RA, diabetes and osteoporosis, recently I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and taking medicinal teas for it.
These forums are so awesome! You have access to information from experienced LCers and an excellent medical forum. I commend everyone on their success to your weight loss.

Thanks,
Cindy Q fitday.com[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 10:57
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Hey Fellow AZers!!

No one has posted from Tucson yet, so I may as well be the first. Good morning to all on this glorious summery day.

I visited Low Carb Mall here in Tucson for the first time last week. Liked their selection, but was VERY disappointed at the service (or lack thereof). The one person there was on the phone with her boyfriend and acted VERY offended when I came up to the register with my purchases. Not a positive experience overall. I'm not sure if I'll go back anytime soon. I don't buy a lot of pre-packaged LC items anyway.

I am a MUCH bigger fan of Trader Joe's -- they carry ALL KINDS of LC items. I LOVE THEM!!! And the local WalMart is carrying more and more LC items every week.

Jeannie
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 11:34
Registered Member

Post New Wal-Mart near my home...

Hey there everyone,

I have a new Wal-Mart near my home in Glendale, it is awesome! They have more low-carb products there and cheaper than other grocers and health food stores. I bought Carb Control yogurt by Dannon and they have another by Blue Bunny. They have natural peanut butter, cheaper than low-carb and carb intake isn't much of a difference. They have more variety of low-carb tortillas and breads, cheaper too! I am not eating the breads and tortillas, just thought I mention it.
I went there to look at "baby stuff", because my niece is pregnant and coming back to Phoenix from Amarillo, TX. I raised her since she was 8 yrs old, then she went to college after 2 yrs at SCC. She has her Bachelor's, and is working on her Master's. She will be taking classes online from University of Phoenix. I am proud of her whether she gets a degree or not, and proud of her whether she is single, divorced or married. She has shown me she can make her own mistakes, and not repeat it. That's life!
My mistakes were repeated and caused me to become a plus-size. I learned the hard way to "love myself", I read some books and made those changes and will continue to make those changes.

Cindy Q
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 11:45
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Hi Waterangel!!

It sounds like you have a wonderful outlook on life. Your niece is lucky to have your love and support right now.

FYI: I tried both the Dannon and the Blue Bunny low carb yogurts, and I think that the BB is much better. The Dannon tastes kind of chemical-ly -- has a funny aftertaste.

Have a great day!!

Jeannie
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 22:36

Plan: general lc
Stats: 330/265/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Hi!

Just picked up on this thread. I'm in Avondale. Anyone else far west?
Jean
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 04:31
Registered Member

Thanks Jeannie.

I've been filling up my days frequently with exercise, cleaning, organizing, checking out stores for my niece when she comes down here, and staying active at the Adult Center. I'm 47 years old, and I don't want to be like an "old, retired person" which I am retired but not old. I have been to a few other 'Senior' Adult Centers, but the one I have been going to and very close to my home is awesome. They have a fitness center, computers, clubs, classes, travel on short trips(cheap, too), and "young at heart" volunteers and members. If you live in Glendale, it costs $24 a year to join the fitness center.

Cindy Q
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 01:28
Contributing Member

Stats: 195/183/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:too much
Progress: 16%

Hey, I just found this section of the web site. I'm over here in Peoria. Are there any others from Peoria?
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 14:08

Stats: 207/190/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi everyone!

I live in El Mirage. I just re-started Atkins after the birth of my son (04/07/04). Would like to lose about 40 lbs. I was on Atkins for about three years before I got pregnant, went from about 175 to about 120 in time for my wedding (06/07/02). I know that this WOL really works, but sometimes it can be hard sticking to it. Having support from other people that are going through it can really help. Quick question... It's really hot has anyone found any really good low carb or no carb popsicles or cool treats?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Marti
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 17:22

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 195/191/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi to all of Arizona I'm also calling from Tucson. For anyone else here there is a new chain of food markets, the Sunflower Market is giving TJ's pretty good competition.... Check it out. I'm thankful also that the supermarkets are starting to carry more LC choices too, and not too over-priced. Yippe!!

Stay Cool all.... almost done with the worst part of summer!