Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 09:31

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

Check out Whole30.
It is a fairly strict paleo challenge for a month.
Peop are having very positive results.

Also any of these sites will link to others which include more info and food/recipes.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 14:56

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Very good information. I've read an article or two from mark's daily apple. I'll check out the others too.
My daughter will be joining me on this diet after Easter and I will have to set a good example for her by moving on to the next level. Or she won't learn how to either.
I personally don't think its bad to profit from knowledge. I got my atkins books from the library and/or thrift shop. When I was interested in his vitamins I went to a health food store and they found me a cheaper alternative. LOL I'm one to always find a cheaper way to do things!! Dang last time I was on this diet I didn't have a dime. I ate eggs and cheap hamburger and canned veggies from the Church food pantry.
I REALLY hope I'm not allergic to strawberries!! It could have been I had too many or that I had almonds that day also and went over my limit. Most likely I had too many.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 15:13

BF:

John I just downloaded the primal fittness and WOW I've only read a couple pages but this sounds doable once I get my strength built up. I can walk at a good pace for about an hour and I do weights lol 30 reps quick as I can 10 seconds between each 10.
I sprint while on the treadmill for a minute or two to get my heart rate up. I can't do 10 min yet but I can get there. I'm not big on running at my weight it still hurts.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 15:14
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack
Progress: 0%

Like I said, read it over.. Much common sense there...
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 15:59
Registered Member

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 163/145/000 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 11%

That's one of the things I find most awesome about Primal Fitness; you don't have to belong to a gym to make it work for you. You just use the tools you have at your disposal. I already belonged to a gym when I discovered it, had already paid for a full year in advance, so I'll be working out there awhile. But, I'm not planning to renew, FWIW.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 16:55
4 phases Use them

Tory,

I use my gym membership (my company pays for it) to walk 30 minutes a day. I am trying to get them to buy me a treadmill so I can build a walking desk, so I can walk while I do work.

I was doing p90x last year and I was waking up at 4:30am to get the work outs in. Now I am much more relaxed about them.

John
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 17:57

BF:

Cool! I love it!! My family is low income so I got a scholarship for all of us to the YMCA. Rigorous workouts just aren't my thing anyhow. I tell my daughter its good to just get out and move! We do 30 min on the tread mill and she does the exercise bike while I lift weights. Then we hit the pool its fun and exercise!
I would love a walking desk! I'm working on my bachelors and most of my classes are online. I was thinking about bringing my books to read on the treadmill but don't know how well that would go. hhhmmmm might be worth a try.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 18:05
4 phases Use them

I see people reading while on the treadmill. I just listen to my Ipod instead. I listen to 80s 90s Industrial Rock...

While Grok didn't have an Ipod, I don't care, I love my tunes to walk too.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 18:07

BF:

LOL My gym plays some awesome 80's music!! I have to concentrate VERY hard on not singing and scaring the other members!!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 18:09
4 phases Use them

I don't care, I sing to my ipod... I get some funny looks but they can deal with it. I have been told I am one of the happiest people at the the gym
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 163/145/000 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 11%

I read my Kindle while I'm on the treadmill all the time. It's a great way to keep me from watching the time. Sisson's workout is good in that, other than walking days, there's really no time to get bored. This is the way I do things:

Sunday
- Sprint running or some other exercise at your maximum capability for less than 10 minutes. I have knee issues, and I've found that doing pushups as fast as I can for 10 minutes works better for me than running. If I were a cavewoman being chased by a Sabertooth, I'd be dead, cause my knees SUCK.
Monday - Move Slowly/Rest/Play I either rest, do the treadmill at moderate to low speed, or get active with my kids doing something, like pulling weeds. You need to get 5 hours of this sort of activity in over the course of the week, but you'll have several days to space it.
Tuesday - Lift Heavy Things Mark describes 5 essential movements and helps you learn to do them. They're body weight, compound exercises that take me an hour or less (but it's supposed to be a half hour or less. I still take a lot of breaks, lol.)
Wednesday - Move Slowly/Rest/Play
Thursday - Move Slowly/Rest/Play or Lift Heavy Things, depending on my mood
Friday - Whichever one I didn't do the day before

And I'm lazy all day Saturday, as far as working out goes.

I wish my gym played awesome 80's music. They play trashy 00's teeny bop music instead. Which is why I have an iPod. I'd go nuts and kill someone if I had to listen to that junk all the time.

And, hey, John a desk treadmill is an awesome idea! I think I might even get my husband to work out if he could play WoW at the same time... Something to think about!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-11, 04:51

Plan: AK
Stats: 155/147/145 Male 5'7 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 80%

JohnGibson You are right ! I was thinking about low income , As I I said I read his blog (:
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-11, 06:42

BF:

I love the blog! I'm really close to the primal workout anyhow except for the 10min all out part.
maybe I could swim for ten minutes. LOL doubt the kids would let me alone in the pool for 10 whole min unless they had someont to hang out with.
John I remember you posted about that guy that lost all that weight and didn't even have the floppy skin when he was done!!That was amazing. I've got finals coming up I think I'll try and bring my books.
Anything to keep from looking at the timer!!
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-11, 06:48
4 phases Use them

Well guys... Grok and I parted ways last night...

he sat in the corner while I got good and drunk. No sugary drinks, but lots of clear rum.

Woke up this morning with him standing over me laughing and pointing his finger at me...

It was a sort of celebration for losing so much weight, no bad foods, nothing major except about 6 to 7 oz of Rum..

Still feeling it... I may not be as active on the boards today.

grok on!
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-11, 08:20

BF:

LOL your body is sooo not used to carbs like that!!!
Grok would have been eaten by a saber tooth tiger had he tied one on like that!!
Grok on John!