Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 09:17

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning,

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. My computer was down for maintenance. I think it was well worth the time down, as I kept getting locked up and it was getting very frustrating.

I leave on vacation Sat and I have the worst time staying on plan during my vacations. I always start out good, but somewhere it goes astray. I have this little voice inside of me telling me "hey, you are on vacation, so you don't need to stay on plan. You can't get back on track after vacation". The inner voice always, always wins too. Hopefully this year, I will be the winner.. I admire people who can stay focused during times like this, I just don't seem to be strong enough.

Vel- I am so sorry you are on strike. I hope this doesn't last too long for you. What a stressful time for you. Since it sounds like you are still working, then that means you have to pass through the pick-it lines. That can't be too much fun either. Hang in there. Hopefully they will settle ASAP. I too sometimes have problems with my RM. I think a having a better balanced RM would probably help us. I know my RM has not been all that balanced lately, plus I haven't been eating my salads like I should be. I guess we need to work on this, huh?

Pam- Congrats on the loss. You are doing great

Linda, I too am sorry to hear about the possible loss of your DH's job. Hopefully they will keep him or he can go out and find onother one before they lay him off. Keep your chin up.. Something always works out.

Sango, I hope you have a better day today than yesterday. Stress can be a big culpert on trying to stay on plan. Don't give up.

Hope everyone else has a great day on plan. I need to run and get to work, or I will be late.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 13:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Doing better!

Thanks for all your positive posts folks - it really does cheer me up to log on here.

I seem to be avoiding sweets quite nicely at the moment - I realised that the only way I was going to start shifting pounds was to get a bit more realistic and stop eating when full rather than stuffed to the brim, LOL. It comes down to a simple choice - do I want to stay at the weight I am or lose a bit more? So, I've encouraged my DH to start cooking a bit more again - after all, after nearly a year on Atkins he can cook lower carb versions of just about all of our favourites. I've had chilli and chicken stroganoff - yay!! I feel much better for eating home cooked food too. It's been great to eat something I really really wanted rather than food that 'would do' if you know what I mean.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 19:55
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 250/241/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Smile I'm still around too

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I'm still here too. This week has been a little off for me. I have stayed to the CAD eating plan for the most part, except my RM have tilted way to the heavy carb side and I am thus up 2 lbs on the scale........convincing myself to just hang in there, its probably just water. I am very happy that even when I am off a little, I am not throwing it in the towel like my previous plans......this is a good sign.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 22:05

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

I am here...just not doing well...browsing the website but not writing much!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 22:55
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CAHHP
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:???
Progress:

Hi everyone~ I just wanted to delurk and say that I am glad I have found this board. I've been on this WOE for about 6 months (maintaining) and am amazed at how much and how well we can eat and lose or maintain. I think it's great that there are other people who are on CAD/CALP. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having a rough time, but just stick with it for a couple more days and it will get so much easier. For me, this plan has been a lifesaver. Lately, stress and emotional blahs have sort of sent me into a tailspin and I've been using the RM to binge on comfort food every couple of days. I don't weigh myself, but my clothes still fit the same, so the science behind the plan really works (not advocating a one-hour binge though!) I think it is just a really stressful time of year. THere's a part in the book about Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) maybe those of you having trouble should read through it. I'm going to reread that part tonight. The weather here is getting cold and dark and rainy and I just feel like staying in bed and eating cookies. But tomorrow is a new day, right? And on CAD there's nothing you're not allowed to have, and that's a beautiful thing. Have a good night and let's help each other stay on track
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 00:19
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

I'm back girls with good new about DH's job. New bank owners told him they were about 120% sure they would be keeping him with the job he does now. Boy are we excited.

I haven't been on the scales since I went off the deep end the other nite after hearing Dan might lose his job. Gonna have to behave.

Sango-hope you are doing better. Hang in there. We're all stress laden. We'll lose this stuff together. I'd love to be in the 140's.

Momto4boys let me know if the bigger CMs help you. I don't have much problem with hunger through the day, its at RM time when I can't stop stuffing the face.

Pam-WTG with the weight loss. You keep us all encouraged.

Vel-hope you aren't on strike long. At least they know you mean business. I'm hoping the hospital doesn't have to strike.

Sue-I was told by a lady doing lc one time that if a lady stays faithful during her TOM, she will end up losing more. I proved it true quite a few times.

I just want you girls to know how much it has helped me with keeping me encouraged due to your postings. KEEP IT UP!

Later,
Linda
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 06:03
Registered Member

Stats: 260/254/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%

well I'm back up 1/2 lb today. RM last night wasn't even an attempt at any sort of balance so that explains it. I had pasta, fruit, AND cookies to very little protein. But I'm still down 1/2 lb overall, so I'll definitely take it!

Had my sleep study done. I do have obstructive apnea so next wednesday I have an appointment with a surgeon to have my tonsils out, so it looks like I'll have to go off plan for a few days to a week, maybe.

Linda, great news on DH's job! scary times we're living in. no such thing as job security anymore.

Sue, I think I'm going to have to join you in staying away from sweets. I'm getting a little too friendly with them.

Sango, hang in there! Sunnier days ahead!

I hope everyone else is doing great! have a great friday and start of the weekend!
TGIF!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 06:46

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning Ladies,

Today will be my last post until around the 25th or 26th, as I will be leaving on my vacation starting tomorrow. I am going to try and stay on plan, but if I don't, I will get back on track as soon as I get home.

Spirit- I just wanted to mentiion about SAD. If you go into Zuleikaa's journal you will see a wealth of information that she has in there on SAD. She has done all kinds of research on this subject and knows what supplements to take and what works and what doesn't. You might talk to her about this.

Linda- I am so happy that DH will be keeping his job. What a relief that is.

Karen- Hang in there. Sometimes we get in a rut and can't seem to pull ourselves out. All you can do is keep trying.

Bamamom- I know 1/2 lb doesn't sound like much, but it all adds up. Good luck on getting your tonsils out. I bet you will feel much better and sleep better too once they are gone. I wish I would have had mine out years ago, but I didn't. Don't worry about being on plan, once you are feeling better you can get back on track.

Everyone have a great week-end. I will post as soon as I get back from my vacation..
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 07:12

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Tgif!

Dianee- have fun on vacation

spirit03- Welcome! I am hoping that more CAD'ers will come out from lurking and post. We need to get this board going

Kelly- That's why I think CAD is such a liveable plan for me. I don't want to quit. It feels so much better being in control.

Linda- I am not sure whY I was hungry that day, but the next day I was fine. So I didn't change anything. Maybe it was hormonal or a lack of sleep the night before? I don't know. But I am glad its gone Great news about your DH's job being secure!!

BamaMom- I tend to only lose about .5 lb per week on the average sometimes I loose .75. And I know that rate sounds so slow but to me its better than gaining. Keep up the good work!

Karen- Hey girl! I hope you are doing good. Get back on track, you can do it!

Sue- I feel the same way...... I often ask myself this question
Quote:
Do I want to stay at the weight I am or lose a bit more?
and I try to keep myself motivated to reach goal. I don't want to be this weight, so I keep trying

I am doing good. The scale is stuck a certain number but I am sure if I am persistant it will drop. I just have to be patient. The hungries only lasted for a day, so I am not sure what it was but I am glad its gone Have a HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 10:08
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CAHHP
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:???
Progress:

Good afternoon, ladies! THanks for the nice welcome.
Everyone seems to be doing well either staying on track or with a plan for getting back on track. Weekends can be tough, but it's really easy to make good choices.

PizzaSue- I agree with the sweets thing... Although I can't stay away from them completely, I definitely need to cut back. Sugar makes me feel awful after I eat too much of it.

Vel- WOW, you have been really successful, don't worry too much about balance, as long as you're feeling good and not gaining... your meals sound a lot more balanced than many of mine.

momto4boys- I agree, CAD will work if you stick to it, it requires a little more patience than some of the other plans, but you're doing great.

Dianee- I've always been able to enjoy myself and stay on plan on vacation, I know you can too. Have fun!

Bamamom- Don't let the one weigh in discourage you, I bet the 1/2 pound is probably the weight of the food itself.

Sango- I can completely relate to what you're going through. Chin up, things will get better.

Have a great weekend everyone... I'm trying to stay positive even though I've been turning to bad food to relieve stress and sadness. I guess I just need to de-stress this weekend in some other way.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 10:34

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi again,

Well, I had three days where I was the only employee in my department who was still working. And the union wouldn't let me in the door until a couple hours after the time I was supposed to start, so that didn't help. Today we are all working again, but it isn't settled. An offer was to be forthcoming, but if it is a lousy offer then the whole thing could start all over again any moment.

I have stuck with CAD no problem through this. It has been stressful though, I can tell because I have had a headache for two days and I pretty much never get them anymore since being on CAD. It's gone today, thank goodness.

I went out for dinner last night and over did the sodium.. resulting in being two pounds heavier this morning. Not good for that weekly average, but I know it will come off again.

Talk to you all soon.
Tracy
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 13:51
Registered Member

BF:

LOL Tracy, I went out for pizza last night (one very depressed OH to cheer up and pizza always seems to do the trick). So yup, my sodium levels must be well up too. My weekly average looks set to be a tiny bit higher than last week's again - not great but not terrible either. Maybe I've got SAD too, but I'm hoping that it's just that I've been overcarbing it and need to cut right back. But on the plus side, I couldn't have comtemplated going out for pizza on any other diet plan without feeling I'd blown it. CAD is wonderful from that point of view!

I'm reasonably positive that the weight loss will come. Not gaining is good enough for now!
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-04, 23:32

Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Everything sucks, but at least I am still on plan (today was day 3). I've kind of decided that everything else is out of my control, friendships, jobs, school, etc but I can make sure that whatever else happens, I limit my emotional eating to RM, within that one hour. Balance is optional, though I still strive for it. Anyway, hope everyone's weekend is going well.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 06:03
Registered Member

Stats: 260/254/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%

well the last few days have been rough, up and down on the scales, but my weekly average is 254.25 so I've lost .7 lb. I'll take it.

My sugar cravings have been really bad this week....could be TOM...hard to tell. Hopefully it will end soon. And I learned that mexican food will add 2.5 lbs of water overnight.

I'm still adjusting to the highs and lows ( mental ) of daily weighing. Its very interesting to see the ranges your body can go through in such a short period.

I'm having no trouble with my CM's....absolutely no snacking, I'm never hungry between meals. I've just got to continue to tweak my RM's and reign in the all-I-want mentality, especially when it comes to sweets.

Sango, hang in there hon. It will get better.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 07:11
Registered Member

BF:

Hi all

Pam, I agree with just about everything you said - except my weight's up a little - only 0.29 lbs but that's the second wek it's gone up not down. Grrrr....

Never mind. I've managed to cut AS right out and I'm monitoring what I'm actually eating at RM rather than just going for it with the attitude of 'hey, it's my hour, I'll eat everything in sight', LOL.

So, how's everyone else doing?