Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 09:52
I'm Back!

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 314/280/145 Female 5'3"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 20%

hehe, I am at work too! I will be home and on here alot more after July 30. I will be on layoff and in October starting my own business. I CAN'T WAIT!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 11:43

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

you're starting a daycare, right? more power to ya sista! i barely have enough patience for my own kids- nevermind someone elses. hehe.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 13:31
The Spandex Killer

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 206.2/206.2/145 Female 5'9.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

It is nice to know other people have gone through the same thing, isn't it? It makes me feel slightly less ashamed of myself.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 14:13
I'm Back!

Yup, starting a daycare. I have 3 teens 18,17 & 15 and I raised my niece until she was 13, and she is now 15 and has a baby of her own that I help alot with. I should of kept her with me and she wouldn't of been such a young mom. But at least she is a good one and staying in school. She is the main reason for me starting the daycare. I was also a Foster mom of a newborn and a three year old for two years! So I am use to the kids. I think the teens are harder than a room full of toddlers! And yes Cheesypoof It does feel good. I restarted Induction today AGAIN! I need to.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 11:31

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking

my god, I thought I was the only binger in the world. I wasn't extreme but would have no problem sitting down eating an entire bag of oreos and half a gallon of milk. I'd eat a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting. It got to the point where I would hide the amount of food I would eat, or buy food and eat it before coming home so no one would know. That's when I decided something was wrong. Everyone said well why don't you just stop? It's not about food and being hungy, it's nto about the weight... it's a psychological disorder. I didn't eat for any other reason than that I was completely compelled to do so. I haven't had any cravings and haven't binged since started Atkin's but it has been tough. Those cookies come calling and I turn around running. I've stood up and left the restaurant when my family was eating because I knew if I didn't I'd start and wouldn't quit... My husband understands as best as he can and is supportive. I'm just glad that I've finally got a grip on things and have the determination to keep myself healthy.

~ Cori ~
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 11:50
I'm Back!

corianin,
I am about the same, I still am struggling I just had to start induction again, but at least I haven't given up. And this thread is the best help to me. I just hope it keeps going! I would do the chips a'hoy though! And Ben & Jerry's and hide the carton, and when I would grocery shop, I would buy things to eat on the way home! You are right it is not about the hunger or weight, it is a compulsive physcological disorder. I wish I had an understanding husband, you are lucky. I will keep battling this though and with this thread I can do it!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 12:57
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

My "breakfast" used to be a 7.5 oz bag of some sort of chips and a liter of diet pepsi, almost every day M-F ("hid" in my desk at work - yeah I was really hiding that, wasn't I?)

Debbie
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 13:13

i used to get 2 "biggie size" value meals at wendys on my lunchbreak & eat 1 in the car on my way back to work and the other one at work in the kitchen w/ my coworkers.

wow! this is liberating
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 13:45
The Spandex Killer

BF:

When I went through a dive through, I'd always order 2 sodas, so the person putting the order together wouldn't think that all the food was for ME -- which, of course, it was!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 20:03
I'm Back!

This is so liberating! I feel so great that I am not alone! And those desk drawers I have at work use to always be full too! I kid you not! Best thing that happened getting laid off I cleaned out my drawers! I refuse to bring anything back. I cleaned my kitchen cabinets and fridge and REFUSE to buy junk. I am getting a little flack from the teens and even the hubby but my heels are dug in. So now I sleep pretty darn good because there is no reason to get up, no food calling to me! This is great! Thanks to all you guys for liberating yourselves with me. This is such therapy for me, you will never know. You all have a great LC weekend incase I do not get back. I will try like hell to get here!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 12:46

how u guys doin? how was your weekend? i had a bad "cheat" over the weekend. ate some cheesecake, got sick... wont be doing that again. i've been trying to work on my late-night snacking routine because thats when i used to normally binge... at night. so, i'm trying to cut it down, hoping to stop all together eventually and not eat after 6 or 8. i started ebaying, hoping to liberate myself from my "fat" clothes & occupy myself with something other than tv so that i don't snack so much. its not really working... although my ebaying is going well, its too easy to snack at the same time... dh & i are considering getting gym memberships and alternating nights out at the gym. gotta see if we can work it into our budget. hopefully that will help to curb the snacking, which will eventually eliminate the fear of binging. hopefully.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:03
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyPoof
When I went through a dive through, I'd always order 2 sodas, so the person putting the order together wouldn't think that all the food was for ME -- which, of course, it was!

I used to do this one too. LoL.

Debbie
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 14:27
I'm Back!

Don't sweat it jemman, get back on. We are only human.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 17:47
The Spandex Killer

BF:

Hang in there Jemman, changing life habits is really hard. There are bound to be pot holes along the way!

I have yet to cheat since I started this program, I almost have the opposite problems. I'm *dealthy* afraid to cheat. I'm so afraid that the first time I slip that I'll go sliding down the mountain and fall into never-never binge land.

Until the day I *do* cheat, and then recover immediately, I will have this overwhelming fear of failing at some point.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 09:51
I'm Back!

I think we will all live with the fear of sliding. But with all of us we can help prevent it and if we do find the support and friendship we need to hop back on. So everyone hang in there!