Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

I am constantly pinching my GLH's, my husband says that I am driving him crazy, that it's saggy skin that's left from no fat to fill it!! I do wear lo-cut jeans on occasion, and if you wear them in your size, the flab doesn't hang over!! I also ran out and got my belly button pierced as soon as I could see it without lifting up the flab!! I did it for me, not to impress anyone else!! And by the way...I happen to think that "thick" men with hairy backs are way sexy!! The more body hair the better!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:14

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 232.8/210/185 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%

agreeing with Loserbaby and Blue4lemon. It is all in the fit/style/body...whatever. jeans are very personal and we all look good in something different. Please...make sure it fits correctly though! I am not a fan of ultra low rise at all. Like someone else said, I am afraid I may see something I dont want to see!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 21:19
I KNOW I CAN!!!

Plan: A combo of a few
Stats: 208/172/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I find myself saying all the time...."Don't people look in the mirror before they walk out the door?" I can only think of a movie I saw called "The Sweetest Thing" with Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate. Cameron had thse tight low rise pants on in a bar scene, and we all know she is very thin. I thought they looked terrible. They took her figure and made her look, as my husband says "like a 14 year old boy". She looked straight as a board with no figure. Not flattering at all. Just my opinion.

When I see even thin people in those jeans that are tight and pushing up some extra baggage, I find it disgusting. Again, it boils down to looking in the mirror before you leave the house. Be honest with yourself and think of what you would think if you saw somebody else with that on!!!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 14:10
Registered Member

Plan: No plan right now
Stats: 148/146/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Being a somewhat thick-waisted person (even when I was "skinny"), the low rise jeans look better on me. Not the low, low rise!! And I have absolutely no butt to speak of. These jeans make me appear to have one. I'm sure that was more information than all of you wanted, but hey, it's the truth! And they must fit. The too-tight fit is what makes the girl love handles!!

To each his/her own, I say.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 14:59
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

This thread is a riot!
I think that wearing low rise jeans is fine if they fit you better. But do you HAVE to wear shirts so short that everyone sees what's spilling over?

Wear something flattering! Doesn't matter if the number on the tag isn't what you'd like it to be. Stuffing yourself into a smaller size and imitating that can of exploding biscuits is not attractive.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 15:36

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Stuffing yourself into a smaller size and imitating that can of exploding biscuits is not attractive.

ROFLMBO! I love that analogy! Hope you don't mind if I steal it from time to time!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 16:46
Registered Member

Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Cool! I can't eat the exploding biscuits, but I can enjoy the analogy they provide.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 17:26

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I've got a "short-waisted" build -- a short trunk as it were. Back in the 60's I could wear hip-hugger pants (today's low rise) and a midrif blouse and they would meet in the middle (not exaggerating much here, either).

I just wish that I could find pants that fit well in the waist. Most "regular" pants (jeans included) have a waistband that comes over my natural waist, touching the bottom of my ribcage. Low rise jeans come more to my natural waistline, but they are too wide, since they are constructed to be over the hips. I can't win for losing.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 08:03

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

I LOVE those low waists. Clothes have never fitted me better. My proportions don't fit the standard they use to cut clothes. So I agree with Sobxlady. My waist is thick in relation to my waist. So anything high-waisted that fits my waist will be too big -- butt, hips and thighs will be baggy and loose. If it fits me properly, then I can't button the waist. These problems are all resolved with low-waist clothes. Low-waist meaning something that buttons just below the belly button, not something that's level with your crotch !

Of course low-waist doesn't mean that you have to bare it all to the world with a short top. If I was toned like Madonna, I might, but until that day (yeah right). I'll keep myself properly covered.

This being said, I'm torn in my opinion. On one hand, I do find the sight of people's belly oozing out of their pants, not especially attractive. Then I also think that it's good that people are not so obsessed with their body that they just wear what they want. When I was young, I had a tiny little tummy that I would hide as if it was a deformity. Now I only wish that I could have that body again !
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 09:01
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

I somewhat agree with the fact that a person needs to look in the mirror before going out the door....however I don't believe that young girls need to be sooo transfixed on their belly (and whether or not they have a little roll) Most of them are....and we have a lot of anorexic and bulimic kids out there. Quit with the pressure already.
If they are comfortable to go out in low rise jeans and don't have a problem with their self images ...please quit trying to give them one.
Kudos and congrats to all low rise jean wearers. And also to all who have a great self image. Size 3 or size 12.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 19:06
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline
I LOVE those low waists. Clothes have never fitted me better...So anything high-waisted that fits my waist will be too big -- butt, hips and thighs will be baggy and loose. If it fits me properly, then I can't button the waist. These problems are all resolved with low-waist clothes. Low-waist meaning something that buttons just below the belly button, not something that's level with your crotch !

Yes, thank you! I love my low-rise jeans. I'm so sad that Gap UK stopped carrying them...should have bought a few more pairs at $60 when I was in the US. <sigh>

I'm the same way as you. Until very recently I hadn't even shopped for pants in women's clothing stores in years, because all the styles were far too high-waisted and I had to buy them in voluminous sizes to fit my waist, which meant that the butt and thighs were hanging off and looked idiotic. I'm lucky that I can wear a lot of the men's jean cuts...otherwise I don't know what I would have done for casual pants. The low rise trend has only helped me find pants that look good and fit well. I'll be sad to see it go. All the same, I don't go around with my fat cells hanging out all over....
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 07:24
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%
Thumbs up

You people are hysterical!!! My partner mentioned this article to me... reading it in a local rag here in Ft. Lauderdale... kept talking about the article and how she agreed with Dan...

It sucks to see a female in a pr of pants with all of it hanging over all the edges... Almost as bad as a hairy backed male!!!! EWWW EWWWW EWWWW!!!!

I have a flat ass.. low rise jeans make me look like there's really something there!! And i can live with that!

Glad you put that article up Gotbeer.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 08:56

Plan: Body for Life
Stats: 168/123/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 136%

I am still LOL over the exploding biscuit analogy.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 11:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/208.5/165 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

One thing the low rise jeans have made me realise.... you don't have to be fat to have stretch marks. I've noticed quite a few slim people have them too!
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 11:35

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

As my father would say: " They look like a sausage tied in the middle!"

deb