Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 17:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/145/125
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default VOL STATE

Hey Didn't realize TN was on the LC map. Glad to know it! I'm from Greenfield That's between Martin Tn and JacksonTn . Love to e-ya bout the LCD. This is my second time on it . It worked great the first time I don't know why I just quit. But I'm ready to go again. I want to lose 20-25 lbs. this time.
Love to talk to ya . Good Luck to all We ARE worth it!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 07:26
Registered Member

Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'm in Indiana myself, but I have family in Celina, TN. My dad was born and raised there.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 23:13

BF:

Hey Flo Jo
Not real sure where Celina is located! Is that middle TN ? Do you visit TN often?

Are you doing the carb addicts or Low carbs? I wanted to do the carb addicts for a change but could not find enough infor to convince me to switch. If you could please let me know how its going!

Thanks
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-02, 22:15
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Hey Gakak!

Celina is located in north central TN just about 15 miles inside the line from KY. Dale Hollow Dam (which my grandpa helped build) is located there.

I started with CAD because a friend of mine was doing it several years ago. I thought "Hey, if I can lose weight and still eat cake if I want to, I'm in!" But I was not able to find the answers to some of my questions in the book. I found this site and learned from senior members that the CALP book had more information (really just an updated version of CAD). So I guess really I'm a CALPER.

I like this WOE because I have not had to give up ANYTHING I like. I only need to watch WHEN I eat it. Also, I don't have to keep track of numbers of anything (total carbs, etc.) like with Atkins. From the posts I've read on Atkins, the first few weeks of weight loss is much quicker than CAD (or CALP), but, I would much rather lose it slowly and surely than quickly again and worry about a quick re-gain in the future. I did become discouraged the first few weeks because of the slow loss of weight, but the "seniors" helped me understand that it was normal.

Hope this helped!!!!!!!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 07:36

BF:

Hello again
If you don't mind could you e-mail me ~gakak9691~yahoo.com. I would like to ask more questions about the CAD. Where do you go to talk on this forum about CAD. How long have you been on CAD. I wonder if changeing directions now could be less benifical to my body.((( Just to name a few questions.))))
I hope to hear from you soon. I'm not sure what I want but I do want the pounds off. Last time I did the LCD I walked all the time. We have moved and I don't get to walk like I did. Do you excersise alot?

Thanks for all your help!
Have a great Day!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 12:21
Registered Member

BF:
Default Gakak~~

I've been trying to e-mail you......mailer demon keeps sending a message saying your address is invalid. Would be more than willing to chat with you about CAD and CALP. Even though I'm a little discouraged about the slow down of weight loss! Just gotta hang in and wait for it to start coming off again.
Flo

Last edited by FloJo : Mon, Apr-22-02 at 15:37.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 12:37

BF:
Default Loss of memory

I'm so sorry.....I have brain malfunction occasionally. My address is gakak9196~yahoo.com I'm trying to study up for a final and I guess my brain is overloaded sorry bout that. Try that and see if that works. I'm at a stand still with LCD for 4 days now. So I still would like to hear from you. Thanks
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 23:00

BF:
Default New address

Hey
I guess this proves I'm unstable!!!! I have to give you another e mail address. It seems as yahoo is starting some thing new and now you have to pay for the service! So I have changed my e-mail address to ggaley~mac.com I can still read my e's from yahoo I just can't reply. So if you have already e mail me ~yahoo I will still read it from there. If you don't mind use the ggaley~mac.com from here on out. Thanks a bunch. Sorry to be so much trouble.

I did ask my husband about Celina and he knows where that is. He works all over Tn except for the most eastern part.

Hope you day was good. Are you on MSM if so we need to talk there if we can get on line the same time.

Bye for now
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 07:12
Registered Member

BF:
Wink

I'm on AOL, but I have MSN Messenger, so we could instant message each other. I did send an e-mail to your Yahoo address. In case you don't receive it, I was asking about the time zone in your area. We are on Central Time here right now. Will e-mail you again later. Watch for mail from TModel! Talk to you soon.
Flo
  #25   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 13:23

Plan: Atkins, BFL
Stats: 182.5/160/125
BF:
Progress: 39%
Question Still active?

Howdy fellow Tennesseans!! (...and Alo~ha to Maui!!)

Just wondering if any Tennesseans from this thread are still actively visiting this board. Maui....I'm from Oahu, but I live in middle Tennessee now. Small world, eh? lol

#26   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hey all!

Glad to see so many fellow Tennesseans out there. I've been on and off the LCD since January...I've really gotten serious about it this past month and I've lost 8lbs. When I began my new years resolution I weighed 172lbs. I am as of today, May 23 at 157lbs. . I only lost 1 lb. this past week but I try to not let that get me down. The way I look at it if I only lose 1 lb. week I should be at my goal weight of 140lbs. by Sept. 27.. I really hope it doesn't take that long..I have lost 8lbs in the last 5 wks. Does anybody know any thing about the Russell Stoffers sugar free candy being allowed on the LCD..seems like I read on a thread some time back that we could subtract the malitol and fiber from the Carb count..In that case most of these candies only have 1 to 2 carbs and they are great. I've been eating them when I want something sweet and maybe that's the reason for my weight loss slowing down the past couple of weeks. I also would like to get e-mails from you guys my e-mail address is dianepartin~cafes.net.. Look forward to hearing from ya soon. Good luck to all.

Diane
  #27   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 13:57
Pending Member

Stats: 136/130/115
BF:
Progress:
Default Dianesp and MunchyP

Hi, hope we can e-mail and possibly meet someday. Dianesp, I will send you an e. I tried before, and it was returned. We are so close.

MunchyP, yes, small world. Where in middle TN are you? I am in Sewanee between Nashville and Chattanooga.

You can reach me at earnielumpkins~earthlink.net or elumpkin~sewanee.edu

I have been a bad girl here on Maui (eating all the luscious fruits) and must get strick again. Not this hard while I am in TN. LOL
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 20:19

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi there, I am Tanya and I live in Memphis. Wow, quiet a few of us here. I just joined today. I have been LCing about 8 months and lost 55 lbs. I love it. Anyone from around Memphis. Can't wait to get to know all of you out there.

Tanya Marshall
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 19:28
Registered Member

Plan: 20-30 grams daily
Stats: 262/192/140
BF:
Progress: 57%
Smile hiya

hi i am in kentucky near madisonville hope you tennessee girls dont mind me saying hi.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 11:10

Stats: 165/165/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default In Tennessee and need to lose 40lbs!

Hey "ya'll"

I am in Cordova, Tn. and I am needing to lose 40lbs. Over the past 2 years I went from 135lbs to 175lbs. I have been lazy and eating crap. I admit it. I need some support! School is about to start back and I work full time at a desk and then have class 3 nights a week for 4 hours at a desk! I don't wanna gain anymore weight!

Chelle