Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 16:11

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 305.2/287.2/238 Male 6ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thx for the replies u wummin are priceless
I have powdered bisto in my cupboard and it doesn't give any info regarding carbs but i found some bisto granules about 3 yrs out of date but that says 50 ml's =2.1 grams of carbs me being a newbie at this i haven't a clue if this is good or bad but i looked up 50 ml's and it doesn't look much i have to say.
on the bisto powder box it says ingredients are starch,salt,colour E150c,dried yeast and onion powder. why doesn't it tell u the carbs ? i might send em an e-mail and tell em to get their house in order
I used to like the really brown looking gravy effect u got in stews so does anything come near to that nice lovely brown gravy look in a stew?
sorry for all the questions but it REALLY is appreciated.
Also all this soya stuff is totally new to me and i take it you get it from health food shops or buy online?
If anyone has a recipe for any kind of gravy i will dance at their wedding i find it better to copy than create my own coz i am a totally useless at thinking up my own stuff sorry for all the questions but as i say it's really appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 16:14

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

SL,s suggestion sounds good.if you want it a bit browner i suppose you could add an oxo cube.it might work.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 16:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

You can get soya from health food shops yes, Carbcutter. SLs suggestion of red wine does make for a rich, deep gravy... and, as I said, using one of the darker beers would also work.

I'm afraid I've not had much call thus far to figure out a gravy recipe... I remember how chuffed I was when I found out Bisto was vegetarian, and promptly never used it!