Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 07:23
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Well, I'm stuck, too. The scale was back down to 201, but was at 200 a week ago. Today's my birthday and didn't make my minigoal.

All I can do is just keep going. Need to analyze my food and see if I need to change something.

Hang in there, bubu. The scale has to start going down eventually for both of us.

CYL
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 12:34
Contributing Member

Stats: 215/185/140
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hello!

I've been away for a couple of weeks and just read through the thread. Bubu, sorry to hear about your stepdad. It's such a difficult thing, especially when you're so far away. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

My family lucked out weather-wise. We were up at Oakwood State Park, north of Brookings, over the 4th (Thursday-Sunday) and missed out on the storms. Everything went south of us. At home the only damage was that our grill tipped over had had a few scratches but that's minor.

I just got done confessing in my journal about falling off the low carb wagon for the last week and 1/2 or so. I'm back and doing ok, except for the cravings. I gained back 3 lbs and have lost one of them, so I'm up two pounds since two weeks ago. I'm very frustrated with myself, mainly because I didn't come here as soon as I was tempted to cheat. I did call my friend who is also low carb, but she was cheating. Yikes. That's not good! Two fat co-dependent girls sitting around rationalizing the oreo cookies they just ate! SICK SICK SICK!

Hey -- I'm German too! I have German in both my mother's and father's side of the family. My grandma on my father's side was full German and she and her sisters all spoke German. I'm embarrassed to tell you that I don't know much more than that. My Dad also spent some time in Germany when he was in the Army. I'm going to visit with my Dad and get more info... That's a neat coincidence!

I promise to check in again soon and I'll come here in the future before I cheat!

Until next time...

Lisa
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 23:26
Contributing Member

BF:

Another German!! It's not surprising since there were more Germans who emigrated to SD than any other nationality. You wouldn't know it around here though - mostly Norweigians and Swedes. (I married one of those Swedes.)

Please come here when you are tempted. Hopefully we'll be around when you need us. I usually check in several times a day to see if anything is happening. I just wrote in another post that I think 99% of this WOE is mental - attitude and determination.

Don't worry about falling off the wagon. Just get back on and hang on tight! You will make it.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 06:55

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi gals...

first of all thanks for the embrace regarding my stepdad. Talked to mom yesterday and she was really lonely.....it was the day of the memorial service...he will be cremated in 2 weeks. Don't know why it takes so long over there.

Nice to see u back Lisa. You know I wouldn't fret over having fallen off.....sometimes its a good thing to find out how you feel afterwards and get right back on the program. You really didn't do so bad in gaining though, think I would have packed on a whopping 10 myself.
Hubby was stalled out and went on low cal week, leaving out real high carb stuff as well. Wants to see what it does and maybe get back on LC after that week.
I think that trying to be a good example for my daughter is really what is pushing me sometimes. I have gotten bored with some of the foods...as we don't get much of a variety in the store. But went ahead and got some peaches and cherries for a per oz treat with some cream last night and that was pretty good. I try to stay under 25 carbs at the moment.

I also stepped on the scale today since I hadn't for so long and it showed me at 179, but I don't trust it so will wait to change stats if its the same for a few days.
Its to get real humid again I see...so hope I can get some house work done this am.....finally a day off though, boss is back.

We are all in high gear for Sturgis, they should be starting to roll this next week and hell week after that. But its always fun ...time just flies when u can't look up from till or cred. card machine.

Catch u two later.....

Bubu
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 19:35
Contributing Member

BF:

Bubu, so sorry about your stepdad. How is your mother? I bet you would like to be with her right now.

Hey, I finally figured out how to get the smilies in my posts.

Congrats on the 179. I know it will stay there. 179 sounds like a long ways away to me. My scale was back down to 200 this morning after a really light eating day. I was just too busy yesterday to eat an actual meal until supper. Just lightly snacked during the day so I could take my supplements.

It has been hot and humid this week. The Weather channel says that it will cool down the beginning of next week - Monday in the 70's. Hope the humidity leaves too. If I work outside in this weather I get overheated really easy. My cousin is having a big antique auction in Flandreau on Saturday. It's going to be really hot out there. I don't really want anything. I got rid of my antiques several years ago. Trying to simplify my house and my life. It will just be fun to go.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 21:50

BF:

Hi,

Well sorry but the 179 was short lived....I don't usually step on the scale.....don't believe in it.....but well I had to see if it would stick and it didn't . Back to 182. Guess I should marvel in the fact that it even got there....only why I don't know, am not doing anything different. I just get so frustrated that its not moving, yet working out I know with more carbs I could have more energy yet a scared to even try.
Hubby went off the plan for a week and has gained 2 pounds is all...on Sunday he will go back on again. He will have more after today though, has taken in a few beers tonight. Then again mens bodies just don't react like ours and they get away with lots more than we do. I need to get back to journaling to keep track of where I am at. The death has really thrown a curb in all this.
I also feel the heat way too much. If they have forgotten to turn the AC on at home when I get there, I feel like sleeping all the time. Just a totally exhausted at the end of the day.
I think I will also start a paper journal of food and water....it seems when i get busy I lose track of the water esp. I know I haven't been getting enough.
My oldest is down 30 pds he sais.....in such a short time that is truly amazing. Last notch on the belt and fits into jeans he hasn't fit into in years. Sometimes think its a mans eating plan, created by a man too lol
Mom is doing ok, she sounds tired, has to deal with the legal issues now.
There are kids from a first marriage who inherit everything, no fun to deal with .

Well hope you are having fun at the sale tomorrow..I hear its gonna be humid again.....what fun. I best get outside early and get my stuff done too. Have tomorrow off.

Laters bubu
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 22:13
Contributing Member

BF:

Hi, bubu.

It's tough to pay attention to water and food intake when you are going through stress. But stress is always easier when you are eating right.

Sorry the scale didn't stay down. Hey, I've been there. I do weigh every morning, and have stayed at 200 for 2 days. Maybe I'll sweat off a few lbs. tomorrow. LOL

Men do lose easier. We have to deal with the reproduction thing and crazy hormones all our lives. All we can do is just keep truckin'!!

CYL
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 18:52
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone! I have to thank Lisa for telling me about this thread!
Hope all is well and everyone is having a great weekend!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 15:18
Contributing Member

BF:

Welcome, Zora!

Where do you live? I did have a good weekend. Not in weight loss dept. though. Up 2 lbs. again this morning. I'm going back on strict induction beginning tomorrow. Have to go shopping. Can't do induction without eggs.

I just measured, though, and have lost a couple inches in the waist, tummy, and hip area. That's what I measure most often. I carry all my weight in my middle. That occured after menopause. I had a waist 10 years ago. Yup, I really did!!

You and Lisa look young. I'm 59. My youngest DD is 30. I'd post my pic but it would scare everyone! I'm not photogenic.

I'm rambling again....

Last edited by SDgrandma : Mon, Jul-21-03 at 15:24.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 18:33

BF:

Hi Zora,
nice to see u back...wondering where Lisa is....
Hope you are all having a great day.

Bubu
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 04:17
Contributing Member

BF:

Good Morning, Everyone.

Guess what? I just got off the scale and it said 199.6. This is a new low. Hope it's not up again tomorrow. Been trying to break the 200 barrier for weeks.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 08:39
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi Bubu, Thanks for the welcome. Hope you are having a great day too!

SDGrandma - Hello! I am a bit north of you in Grand Forks, ND. Congrats on your loss! YAY for you! I also carry most of my weight in my middle, but I've lost 4 1/2" in my chest and 6 1/2" in my waist the last time I measured in June.
Also, thanks for the compliment on me looking young. I'll gladly take it as I'm pushing 40! You should post a picture too. It's always nice to put a face with the words. It took me awhile to post one. I was afraid someone who knew me "in person" would see it AND find out how much I truly weigh!

Take care and talk soon!

Last edited by Zora : Tue, Jul-22-03 at 17:45.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 15:43

BF:

Hi Dakotans......

Well sounds like the moon phase is right .....I was down a pound this morning too....and I too hope it will stay down. I sure feel drained, thats why I even stepped on that darn scale. Working out my legs felt like jello this morning and now I feel like I don't wanna walk another step.
I only got 25 minutes on the eliptical done then weights, abs and stretches but I felt like I had just run a marathon. To top it off I had to work store today and be on my feet during the entire afternoon. I'm bushed.
So just now I put my food intake into fitday...and wooooooah......I have my days fill already. Am gonna kick my legs up for a while then decide what I am going to do about that....eat supper or not. I suppose it will depend how hungry I am by then.
Isn't it nice out today ?....still the traffic was down on the Interstate compared to last week and of course esp. on weekends.
This year everyone seems to hit the road on the same days. Ralleys are not far off now.....am I ready for them ...heck no. This will prob mean I will have to halt my workouts in the am and go to work early...don't like that thought one bit.

Well best get going......may catch up agaiin later.

Isn't it great that we have finally matured enough to not let our weight status be our defining attribute.
I have no problem with stating what I weigh as in the past. Nor does it bother me what people think I look like at the moment. I wanna concentrate on being me, doing what I like when I can, and thrive to be the best I can be....bunions, bad back, chiggles and all. lol

Laters gators
Bubu
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 23:04
Contributing Member

BF:

Zora.... 40? No way. You can't possibly be 40! Man, I wish I looked that good at 40. But then I never looked that good. Tomorrow I'll scan a picture and try to figure out how to make it small enough to get it on here. I know there are instructions someplace on this board.

Ooo...good job on the measurements. Bet you've dropped several sizes. Never been to Grand Forks. Only been across the SW corner of ND. Want to go see Teddy Roosevelt's cabin some day.

I don't care about sharing my weight anymore. Told my Bible study group this morning that I finally made it below 200. They are a good supportive group. One lady had diabetes and a lot of other health problems. I know Atkins would help her and I talk about the health benefits a lot, hoping she will want to do it.

Bubu.... I agree that maturity gives you an entirely different outlook. I am not how much I weigh. I learned that a long time ago. I am what I am on the inside, not the outside. I used to be very introverted and shy, but the Lord taught me what a valuable person I am. At least I'm valuable to Him and that is the most important to me. I read some of the whiney posts on this board by young people and just want to respond "Grow up!" (Not talking about anyone on this thread!)

Congratulations on the lb. loss. Back when I was losing 9 lbs a week I never thought I would rejoice over 1 lb! But anything going down is good.

CYAL
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 07:11
Contributing Member

BF:

Hey, gals! Scale was down another lb. this morning. Hope I've finally broken my bouncy stall. I'm beginning to think that 190 is possible. Would like to be 180 by Sept. 14, our anniversary. That's 7.5 weeks away. That may be too ambitous a goal. Will think about it. Maybe I should try to reach 186. That would be 50 lbs. from where I started.

How you all doin' today?