Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 22:30

Plan: Atkins now SB (trying)
Stats: 173/145.5/125 Female 5'2 (Still) lol
BF:
Progress: 57%

I bought Penne at the Superstore here in Calgary. They also had spagetti and elbows too. I havn't tried it yet though. I'm trying to get brave enough to give it a go.....I don't want to have anything happen that I'm not prepared for....maybe in about another 10 lbs I'll give it a try! I'll just start collecting it for now!!! lol
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 00:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/138/130 Female 155 cm
BF:
Progress: 84%

I bought some last week and had only about 1/2 cup cooked, it was fantastic..I tastes like real pasta and not that awful nutty gross "pasta"...take the plunge and try it!

With some alfredo sauce and cooked shrimp, cook the pasta accordingly and drain it, throw it in a skillet with some alfredo and the shrimp, toss it around, throw in some black pepper and you are ready to eat...pairs nicely with some steak...
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

Have not seen it in BC yet... Superstore carries the Olivierie half the carbs pasta but it's still WAY too many carbs... like 17 grams per serving....
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 09:13
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbjo
Have not seen it in BC yet... Superstore carries the Olivierie half the carbs pasta but it's still WAY too many carbs... like 17 grams per serving....

If you check out Superstore...they have it. In kelowna anyways...and if we have something here....it's everywhere. (well except maybe Prince George)
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 12:29

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbeauty
If you check out Superstore...they have it. In kelowna anyways...and if we have something here....it's everywhere. (well except maybe Prince George)

I have looked...is it in the dry pasta section, "wet" pasta section or the tampon isle... Sorry, I have real issues with Superstore and how the place products not where it would make sence to place them ie: you'd think canned olives would be with either the pickles/jarred olives or with other canned veggies but NOOO it was in the ethnic foods isle and even the stock boy couldn't help me find it... !!!!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 09:26
Registered Member

Stats: 175/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 47%

has anyone found dreamfield pasta in the Toronto area. I can't seem to find
them anywhere. Any luck anyone?
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 12:34
Registered Member

Stats: 180/138/130 Female 155 cm
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hey Diamond!

i did find it at Longo's, they had it in their flyer last week. It's very good and when looking for it they hadn't put it in the regular dry pasta area, they had it with their "health" food, it's in a black box. good luck!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 04:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 237/182/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Saw it yesterday at No Frills. It was about 3.97 for a regular-sized (smallish) box and the net carbs were about 8 per serving, I think. I didn't buy any then, but I will next time. Even just to have it in the pantry ....
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 08:23
Registered Member

BF:

Hi, I was at loblaws at laird yesterday and checked for dreamfields pasta
but I couldn't find it in the dry pasta aisle. I must of looked funny going up and down the aisle looking for a black box. Is it in the pasta aisle or somewhere else. At No frills where is it located. I've been craving for pasta
for quite along time and I hear Dreamfield is the closest to the real thing. Is it
the truth or am I getting excited prematurely. Any feedback from those who
have tried it? Which one is better--spagetti, penne rotini?
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 16:08
Registered Member

Stats: 301/230/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I found it at Loblaws in Richmond Hill. I almost missed it because it was on a lower shelf. If you don't find it soon, I would ask the store manager to get it for you.

I haven't tried it yet, but according to the reviews it is the best pasta out there.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 17:25

Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

At Zehr's it was in with the regular pasta on the top shelf. I tried the spaghetti, and only cooked 2 oz. and it was great with some meatballs and very filling. Tasted just like regular pasta to me.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 18:24

Stats: 210/210/160 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbjo
I have looked...is it in the dry pasta section, "wet" pasta section or the tampon isle... Sorry, I have real issues with Superstore and how the place products not where it would make sence to place them ie: you'd think canned olives would be with either the pickles/jarred olives or with other canned veggies but NOOO it was in the ethnic foods isle and even the stock boy couldn't help me find it... !!!!

you're too funny! but it's oh so true with Superstore having things in weird places. Although I work at Zellers and you'd think Baking soda would be in the food department but it's actually with air fresheners. go figure! Anyhoo, hope ya found some. I found Dreamfields with the regular dried pasta at Superstore here in Kelowna.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 14:48
Registered Member

BF:

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that I finally found Dreamfields pasta
at Loblaws on Danforth and Broadview ave (downtown T.O.). I haven't
tried it yet but looking at it it looks like the real thing. I hope it tastes just
as good!.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 316/311/175 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 4%

What about the 62 g / cup ??? How can it be 8 net grams... Does this stuff really work?
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 10:33

Stats: 187/149/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 81%

I have heard some bad things about Dreamfield's pasta. That is makes some people stall. Gives them bad gas and bloating- like real pasta. Yet I hear it is divine... Be very Wary....

Laurie