Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2911   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-19, 07:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Thanks ALL for the bday wishes I am glad it is over LOL, now I don't have to turn older for another year

I got flowers which are nice. A paper white flower, root ball thing that sits in water on the window sill to bloom? who knows, should be nice. Probably drive me nuts sitting on the kitchen window sill and me wanting it gone from there... ...declutter queen here. More is not good around me and this little glass ball of water fits that bill. HA ----and hubby got me a scented giant candle that smells like . Country Holiday. Smells like my barn to me, not the good smells from the barn like fresh hay, more like the poop from the barn I told kiddo when I get some candles for Xmas for HER to pick out the scents and get me like raspberry, berry, fresh citrus, fresh ocean, and not some weirdo concoction smells....heehee

My wings were not great last night. They weren't the same ya know. Haven't been there in like....2 or maybe 3? yrears now and they weren't cooked that same way I liked them before. Now they are just regular old wings ya find anywhere, but the buffalo sauce was SO mild there was like 0 zing at all in it. Off my list of ever going back Rat pizza was sad. Like no cheese and I had to take like 5 slices to get any pepp to even eat.....just goes to show how sad some places get...or change too much....their pizza always stunk to me but now it royally stinks but kid and hubby ate the hound out of it all...ugh LOL

Blue....I loved this!!! picking up stuff for martinis which she and I both love---ice cold out of the freezer, glasses chilled straight up w/garlic stuffed olives.

Boy I could use a good sit and drink session. This sounds so relaxing, chillas and booze it up a bit and just get silly and relax.

Geiger counter....OMG .....that is for radiation. Metal detector is for finding treasure You are too funny on that one!!

Nicco enjoy your party for your MIL. Sounds like you got the holiday handled well and are in good form. Your car is done and other things getting taken care of....hey you might have time to sit down and relax soon

Lori....hope her foot is taken care of. not good when things won't heal. I hope that all turns around for her.

You beat me. I was up at 4 then back to be til 6:30. I swear that food nailed me last night. Felt icky. I need me a big old ribeye steak today to heal up from it LOL

Jaz you are on the ball and doing great for your count down to leave. You got this in the bag!! Make sure you turn off your water at the main. Any water situation would be horrible. Key thing on that one when leaving longer.

Hey all
good day yesterday.
glad bday is over. I am not a bday gal anymore. means nothing to me.

we put out xmas decorations yesterday outside. Light up giant green wreath with giant red bow. my 2 old timey ancient giant candle sticks. red and yellow....love those things LOL.....string of lights around front door. Kiddo's lighted Dalmation dog with santa hat and scarf. 2 strings of giant peppermint candy blinking lights that stick into the ground. Flashing fast then blinking slower and change color....red,blue,green. I like these.

done deal. All that is left thru the years that hasn't dry rotted and fallen apart

today is funeral at 1 for MIL's sister. been 'dying for like 25' years according to MIL and she finally passed the other day. Kid and me taking separate car for view/service and leave. hubby will take his mom and 'do all' the extras with her. to the grave site etc and then her church is doing a food thing for everyone. we will skip all that.

easy quiet day mostly. doing nothing. can't wait to eat my steak soon.
dinner will be a ton of shrimp and some alfredo sauce to dip.

I am finding the less change to food and I eat mostly simple and the same I do best. I change it up a bit like the wings and cheese/pepp last night and I am finding I am ickier feeling.

off to get day moving.
Sponsored Links
  #2912   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-19, 09:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning-

Lori- bounding out of bed at 5:30?????? One question........ WHY???????? Oh girl I can really sleep!!!!!! I USED to be an early bird................. I would say my best hours are between 10-2 HAHAHAHAHAH

Goodness sorry to hear about Betty. So nice though your DH looks out for her! It sounds like she has a real affection for him! He even brings her pizza and hangs out with her! That is lovely!

I have no doubt you get tired with all your work outs and little sleep! I couldn't do your schedule! You deserve some down time!!!
Did you decorate for the holidays?

NIC- I really appreciate you looking at the trip for me. I am going to take that info and really look at it today and decide. I think I like the idea of avoiding DC all the way around. My neighbor is from Jersey and said every time they go home they get stuck in DC for hours. I am not patient in a car!
So I like the idea of coming up from the bottom of the state.

So fun you got to baby sit and had a great time! You are right about littles blooming around 2 years old! Their personalities are so cute as they figure out the world! they are sponges!

Trig- - Did you enjoy your BIRTHDAY yesterday?!?!?!?!? Sent good vibes your way!!!!!

Blue- Girl you sure know how to toss a party, even for one gal pal! I wish you were closer! I would be over for a Martini - especially chilled! How do you make yours?
That is the best way to clean your house- invite someone over! HAHAHA - Cool that it was a sleep over, nobody drives!
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sipping my coffee and enjoying my fireplace! -
Today is super busy. I need to finish up some paper work, then I need to hit up Wally World for some things I need. I want to find either some scrubs or work pants CHEAP.
Dresses and skirts and heels are not going to make it at a hospital and I need some cold weather boots, water proof. I went to the thrift stores a couple days ago and left empty handed. So I will try to find something workable and cheap.

Then I will start some deep cleaning. I want to make sure everything is tidy when I come back. I emptied out my freezer to my neighbor yesterday. If my power went out and stuff was there it could ruin my refrigerator so I will clean it out.

I am piling stuff I don't want to forget in the corner. Like my fire stick!
I am vacillating between excitement and nerves. Honestly I think once I get there and settle I will be good. More than good! But it's the getting there!

I am taking you gals every step of the way on this adventure!!!!!

Gotta run- back later!
  #2913   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-19, 14:50

BF:

The dressing room of TRUTH-
So the last time I bought pants - goodness, they were YOGA stretchy pants.

I did go to Walmart and I walked out with 6 pair of pants that are decent and fit well, and look professional. I found a pair that fit and bought every color they had.
black, gray, plum, tan, teal and another black pair. I also bought coordinating tops and socks, and misc. other stuff. All for right under 200 bucks and change. It was a good deal . The slacks are basic and zipper on the side. They are form fitting and the blouses were a bit oversized - perfect. I have a lab jacket- boom done.
I was not happy with the size.

All I can say is at least I am not in PLUS size. No offense to anyone reading this. Trust me I have spent half my life in WOMENS. Back in those days there was only one store that sold PLUS size. Now days with all of us getting bigger stores are making the same clothes just in a bigger size.
However, I am DONE GROWING. I hope to come back a few sizes smaller!
I am happy though I have SOMETHING to wear. Huge another stressor gone.

I used my air fryer tonight- I love it. Had meatballs in the freezer- straight to airfryer- tad of RAO-= and a bowl of happiness. I debated whether to take the airfryer. But I think it would stink up my car!
HAHAHAHAHA.

Still working - truly the count down is on!!!!!

Oh......... Going to take the scenic route from VA over and avoid DC all the way around! - NOD TO NIC-

HEY BLUE- Mrs. Masiel is back on!!!!!!

Gotta run!
  #2914   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-19, 19:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Nic---I just love that "baby talk." It's a lucky family that gets you as a baby sitter! So you sang the little dolly to sleep huh? What tunes do you sing?

Lord, I can't carry a tune to save my soul, but my little boy never seemed to notice and actually had his fave songs for me to sing to him. Which included "Revolution" by the Beatles, "Barbara Ann" by the BBs (he loved the ba-ba-ba part) and many others but I think his fave was "My Baby does the Hanky Panky" which I sang to him whenever I changed his diapers, and complete with body movements and SFX, Yeah, never was a rock-a-bye baby gal.

Two is the cutest age ever, but also when they're up and wiley, an age that is so demanding. I've always said God made them so cute at that age because if she made them hairy, sporus and ugly we'd throw them out the window and not look back.

It is just so fascinating to me how in this your latest phase of growing up---and we keep going thru those till we can't anymore---turns out you felt your greatest gifts were helping the smallest and most vulnerable...and their mamas. So cool.

Lori---Y'know, I remember all those years you did Boot Camp like the sun rises and sets everyday, so I'm not surprised you're looking for a replacement for that. I so admire the many things you've tried and experimented with, and all with a "wing" you have to pamper. You go girl!

You are the one person in my life these days who actually makes me wish I was more of an exerciser---well, let's just be straight up and say an exerciser at all. You just make it sound fun and intriguing, and having once been there myself although much more reluctantly than you, you make me remember the rewards and that great feeling as you strengthen and evolve to doing more than you ever thought you could do---and this goes for whatever age you're at, yeah, we can still surprise ourselves with what we can do if we work at it steadily.

So warmed and impressed by your hubby's attention to his cousin, and yours too. Just lovely that there is this relationship between he and she, a bond that I can't imagine how much she depends on. Just sweet.

Jaz---OMG girl, I am beyond the word "impressed" w/you! You've always said you were a gypsy and I'm seeing those talents in real time now. You have just ticked right down a daunting list of things to be done to be in Delaware in 2 minutes, right down to securing your work wardrobe at a good price in multiple colors.

AND pretty much staying on plan the whole time! BRAVO to you, honey.

Totally understand you being torn between "excited and nerves." This makes you absolutely normal. But for those of us who are able to sit back and watch the "Jaz show" w/out all the actual work and stress of putting it on, I am just wildly excited for you.

NOT because I think this will necessarily be the be all end all of your career or where you want to live. But because it's like as a traveling nurse, you're always on a sabbatical, until maybe you find that right place and time to settle down.

Meantime, if you can afford it, makes a lot of sense to me to keep your home in Atlanta, at least for now. It's kind of like your anchor to home, and I think it's worth some bucks to maintain that as you adventure your butt off.

So. Very. Proud. Of. You.

Trig---Well, you got a big burst of laughter out of me (which I always appreciate as I think laughing is like the cure to so many things, don't get me started) on the candle from the hubby.

I am fussy about my candles. I either want scentless, if it's anywhere around where the food is served, or I want fresh and light. Honest to God, I often smell candles at TJ Maxx where I buy most of mine, that or the dollar store, and so many of them really stink to me. Scent is such a personal thing.

Sorry to hear the B'day dinner place had gone down hill, but also comforted to know you don't care that much about the whole B'day thing. I gotcha. Over 55, sometimes you just want that day to be over. AND, once again, you hung in there on plan. SO admirable.

BTW, I too love those vintage Xmas light up candle sticks. I know exactly what they look like, and they make me happy. Also, really LOVE the idea of the kiddo's lighted Dalmation dog w/hat and scarf!

Hey, the Hollidays are fun if you choose what you can do and what you can't do. If you choose carefully where to put your particular sparkle, without wearing yourself out doing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a totally fab night w/my bestie last night. She is my "adult bestie," IOW, the friend you made a bit later in life when you were living in an adult world. I thank my lucky stars that I have always had a lot of friends, and while some have faded away, the best have stayed, including my first bestie ever, from 4th grade. We still chat and I see her whenever we're visiting my home town.

So, this is my grown up bestie. We met in an ad agency, like 40 years ago. Funny way we met---we had both been set up w/a guy by another gal at the agency. Me first. We had a decent date. Set up another one. He stood me up. Oh well.

Then about a week or so later, I'm in a popular after work bar and in walks this gal who I recognize from my agency, WITH THE GUY WHO JUST STOOD ME UP. (Said agency was very large and she and I did not work on the same accounts, which means I only saw her in the halls here and there.) I felt terrible, rejected, even though I didn't care much about the guy at all.

Couple days later she knocks on my office door. "Hi...hate to interrupt your work, but just wanted you to know that guy stood me up on our second date too." Apparently she had heard it all thru the grapevine. We've been joined at the hip ever since.

We had such a fun night. Martinis and Leeann Chin take out. No, not on plan, but easy and fun. Exchanged our gifts and chatted the night away in our jammies.

Other things---my head is better. Was finally able to wash my hair today! Holy Moly, it had been 4 days and it wasn't pretty. Thankfully I look decent in a beret, of which I have several and have been wearing one for days whenever I step out. And will be doing so for awhile yet, as any sort of "styling" involving the top of my head is uncomfortable. So, not going to do it. Just going to be me in a hat for a bit to come.

Not even going to get into the fact that we found out my passport had expired and we're supposed to join my brother in Los Cabos in less than 2 months. Got it taken care of, right before they lanced my head.

As for the woe, oh...whoas me. Had to be weighed when I went into get that cyst lanced. Yep, have gained back the 10 pounds I lost over the summer. Maybe I was a bit Bloaty or whatever, but let's face it, mostly it's weight gained back.

Our schedule over the rest of the holidays is stuffed full of events and parties. Living here has really increased that. So I'm just not going to worry about it till the day after Xmas. I'll just do the best I can.

LOL, I too do up days and down days, but it's more like, in the parlance of the season, naughty and nice days. I am not throwing all caution to the wind, maybe just half of it.

And there's other stuff w/our dogger going on too, which I'm not brave enough to say out loud yet. So no, it's just not my mojo time and I'm willing to accept that for now. YIKES, I'm afraid to press submit and see the length of this hummer.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Dec-08-19 at 21:55.
  #2915   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-19, 04:43

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue....what a great post. I love it when you speak of your friends and how you met and the fun you have now in this next phase of life. I really don't have a best friend anymore. It's kind of sad, actually. I have some casual friends, but no one I would consider best. Not really sure why that is, I think I'm generally liked by anyone I meet, but just haven't made that connection in a long time.

Glad your head is feeling better and that you can rock the berets when you go out. I usually plunk a hat on just to cover my bed head when I don't feel like fixing my hair!

Jaz.....glad you were able to find some clothes to see you thru your new adventure. I am so anxious to hear all about everything in the next 13 weeks.

I'm glad you're taking the scenic route to DE. I love getting off the interstates even if it takes longer to get there.

Trig....sorry about your Bday dinner. I laughed about the candle too. Smells are subjective for sure. I don't often burn candles because some of them just make my head hurt. At least hubby tried to get you something nice. Good idea to have DD help him out for Christmas.

Nic.....do you have a busy week on tap? Hard to believe it's Monday again. Hope MIL's birthday party went well.
---------

Today I have a massage at 8:30(ahhhhh) and then a run/walk at 1. DH just wants tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwich for dinner, so easy peasy. I don't know what I want. I had a DD yesterday, so today I eat.

A new low on the scale this morning. Just 2/10ths of a pound from my stated goal. A bit over 14 lbs down since starting EOD diet. I wouldn't mind dropping a couple lbs below that number......just for a little breathing room to get me thru the holidays. Then in mid February we're going to St Pete Florida for 5 days. I see some pounds coming on then. Both our kids and their families are going too, and we're taking my sister along. We're staying at a beach resort....how bad could it be? There will be no down days on that trip! Eat, drink & be merry! I'll have reason to celebrate as I'll be turning 60 while we're there. What?????? Why does this number sound so much bigger than 59?

Well, I see a piece of Swiss cheese in my future. I don't eat cheese on DD's, so I look forward to it on an UD. Bye!
  #2916   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-19, 06:19

BF:

Good morning!!!!- I will be on my new job exactly one week from this morning 8 am sharp!

Blue- what a lovely post as usual! I swear you can make a cyst getting lanced sound glamours as can be! How DO YOU DO THAT??? - on the flip side I hate you had to go through that! Cysts hurt!
Wow party girl you! I love you say yes more than you say no. I read something not long ago, can't remember where or by who. It said people who consistently say yes to events and life rather than no live happier lives. I don't know why that struck a cord in me. I think I over think stuff sometimes. I need to say YES more often!!!

I loved the story about meeting your beastie. Just think if that guy hadn't stood you up- you wouldn't have made a BFF!!! LOVE you having drinks in your Pajamas! I can so picture it!!!!!

Lori- - You hit another new low! WHOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! Girl you are killing it!!!! I think losing a few extra to give you some wiggle room while on vacay is a grand idea! But you look great as is! You should be so proud! I am jelly of you and TRIG- a real losing streak! But you know you both have worked your butt off to make it happen!

Do you ever want what your hubby eats? As a kid I loved tomato soup and grilled cheese! Then as an adult I actually looked at the sugar content- it is off the chain!

Massage- lucky lady!

TRIG- - funny you aren't into candles! I love them! But then again with your nose and sinuses ,I get it!
Hey I am looking at those Carni videos. I am not being judgmental, but I have noticed that nobody is thin in those videos. NOT that it matters. But I noticed, again thin does not = healthy. Purely an observation. I watched several of them. Did you see the one on noodles? She also made your shrimp parm with those. Tons of dairy! However, you can handle dairy. What on your menu tonight?

NIC- - are you rested up? I agree with Blue, I think your next endeavor is exactly up your alley. Being an angel to those in need, new mom's and babies! I can't think of anyone I would rather have if I was a young and new mom! I can't wait too see how this plays out for you. I have a feeling you will be swamped with people wanting you. Word of mouth is powerful!

Thanks again for assisting with my travel plans. I would not have thought about a different route!
-----------------------------------------------------
I need to keep this part short. I have to run over to the urgent care to have my TB test read- then back here for my unemployment hearing-

I will check in later!
  #2917   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-19, 06:44

BF:

Blue, yea yea you know my old timey big red candles....very cool.
I had to buy them on Amazon long ago....used....they don't make them like that anymore LOL We had a set growing up in NJ. I just loved them and when I wanted some the new ones they make now 'just ain't like' the old ones. So I bought used old 'antique' ones LOL yea I am an antique now also

Scents. Yup they are tough or great. So personal. What kills me is heading thru a perfume counter in a store. wow I have to run. most perfumes make my head spin

I loved your 'adult bestie' story. Over a guy you found a great friend. Love that. Barb is my 'adult bestie'. Found her over our love to ride horses.
Very nice read and thrilled you had a good time!

Sorry about your dogger. Boy being a farmer I had so much death around me on animals. Big ones like my horses. It is never a good thing seeing the decline of some animal that is family. I hope tho everything rights itself to better and improves. I always like to say life marches over all of us. It won't change. Wish we could tho

Jazz, the dressing room of truth....ugh I so get that.
Glad though you found what works for you and will be nice and new and suits you good.

I also buy every darn color of something when I find what I like....you had me smiling on that one. I can see me there, try on one pair and suits me and boom, back to the racks to get it in all colors! I so hear that LOL

Lori.....
Super cool on new low. doesn't matter how little, it is down down down and shows what you are doing is giving you good results. who cares if slow....you are doing what your body likes and it is showing you that. very cool.

60 in Feb. for you. I am right on your heels LOL Your upcoming trips sound so nice!!

tomato soup and grilled cheese. omg such a old time great choice. I remember those days.....

Jaz....yea I need to send you some info on carnivore and how it rolls. It isn't a fast weight loss eating plan. It is a 'heal the internal body' first before your body then sheds the lbs....the lbs. being a symptom of unbalanced hormones, inflammation in the body and other 'wrongs' that foods have done to us physically. So you might see people at way different levels of 'thinness' etc. while they heal thru this way of eating.

Charlene Anderson. Will send a pic of her in her 50s. Looks like a super model and so much younger than one would think. She has it all but she has been eating like this for like 30 years. Me and you and so many others have a lot of healing to do to correct our bodies so we ain't gonna look like the long term eaters just yet LOL Will send ya the info on that. It will surprise you also. I so love chatting carnivore.

yea I was hoping on dairy maybe you could have a little of something every now and then maybe? As your body heals up and re-balances eating carnivore, your body might change a bit in your dairy intolerance. Only time will tell on that one tho. Hey ya never know

good luck on unemployment!

hey all
cold, rainy, icky. nasty day

got the bug guy coming to spray later. got him on a yearly service plan. the South grows so many bugs that want inside LOL this bug guy is important

off to store for some meat. Need to see what I want. Nothing much on this shop. Just get a few things and home. Chuck roast on sale still, might grab 2 more for the freezer.

SOS day mostly. All good here.

oh Jaz..food today is ribeye steak later and ? when I hit the store I will see if any other meat jumps out at me. I am kinda thinking chicken breast with my steak today. haven't had it in a bit.

great day all
  #2918   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-19, 11:58

BF:

Hey all-
It was a ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH morning! I lost my case for unemployment. They told me it would only be me and the corporate attorney.
NOPE, not only was some corporate attorney, but my ex manager W- who stated I verbally threatened to physically assault her. It was brutal. Yet she had no proof............NEVER EVER would I take a had to anyone. I still have issues with the one and only spank I gave my DS at 3.

I will tell ya if nursing doesn't work for her- she needs to go into acting.
She was hysterical, and crying on the phone. It got SO bad the judge ask if SHE needed a break to get water. Oh my god- are you f'n kidding me. I was denied. She put on her damsel in distress, in the little girl voice.
I just can't believe people fall for that. But they do.

I was upset for a minute - then I went to my office and shredded a mound of paper work. It felt good to shred stuff. I am brushing it off. -
I can finally put that company to bed and move on. It just brought back a dark place just hearing her voice! Sorta like a bad break up ya know! Well we are officially divorced now and I lost my alimony. Oh well- not the end of my world.

I have a bright future and adventure in front of me!

Hey TRIG- I will look at all videos you send! I agree today is cold and rainy!

Ok- back later, about to put in a meatloaf. Pork rinds as binder. Bit of gravy on it- no sides. Sounds good to me. My tummy is a bit wonky from the morning stress.

Oh look- they added another lobster!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
--------------------------------------------------------
ADDED:

PS- I need to figure something out- My meat I was going to use for meatloaf went bad. Can I PLEASE do an eye roll here. I am holding strong as I need to get into those clothes sitting on my bed! - what to eat????- pretty much nothing in my fridge at this point

Silver lining- 3 days from now I will be Delaware or bust!!!!!!! - HAHAH- remember those signs?!?!

It will be a marvelous place to go and heal, from a lot. I am so glad for the change of scenery. Ok........ just packed up my box of spices- hello yes I am taking my spices and crock pot! I need to make this work!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Dec-09-19 at 12:28.
  #2919   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-19, 12:50

BF:
Progress:

Oh Jazzer---so sorry to hear about this morning. Wow, just wow on that dame. Pathological misbehavior. Lying so big and hard she talked herself into believing it and on come the water works.

If it were me, my stomach would have been grinding from trying to keep my mouth shut and prove her point, LOL. So very unpleasant, seems least of all the money at his point because it wasn't going to be all that much now that you have a job and your don't need it like you might of. Just the whole unfair BS thing is crazy making.

But you have handled it very well, and with a great attitude. I am thrilled to the gills that you are finally done with that company. Can't believe you leave in just a couple of days. I am so looking forward to the reports from the road and then all the new things, new life, when you get there. Clean slate, all new opportunities.

YAY and HUGS.

Back to chat more later, gals.
  #2920   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-19, 18:15

BF:

Exhausted-Going to hit up my bed early- going to Greenville tomorrow- nite
  #2921   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-19, 20:09

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---I know the EXACT vintage large size candle sticks you have. When I was growing up we often went to Milwaukee for Xmas, where my mother's sister's family really put on the dog for Xmas. They actually competed for best outdoor decorations every year, and often won.

They didn't overdo it so it looked like a blinding Xmas Carnival. They had themes and different stories they told every year. One year they won with the theme of "...and visions of sugar plums danced in their heads." They built and painted what looked like the coziest big old bed ever, with "stuffed and sewed kids" tucked under a real quilt my auntie made. They put the bed and the kids
under this HUGE tree in their front yard, and hung from every branch of that tree every manner of sparkly sugary treat you could imagine---which their family made lovingly piece by piece, then spotlighted the whole scenario and OH! it was so magical.

But no matter the year or the theme, they ALWAYS had those candle sticks on either side of their front door. Till you mentioned them I hadn't thought about how they were so part of the thrill of Xmas to me as a young girl. Nice memories I haven't re-visited for a long time.

And you're right, the new ones just don't have that burnished look, so lucky you to have nabbed two.

Lori---Congrats on your new low!!! This EOD thing has really worked for you, w/a 14 pound loss in what seems like a pretty short time, at least to me. I have thought about trying EOD so many times. But I do fear the down days if it's not a good day for me to have a DD. 500 calories is pretty tiny. Still, it sure has worked for you.

I also think your work outs help. No, I don't think exercise alone really helps you lose weight per say, but I do think it snaps your body IN, in a way that doesn't show up on the scale, not to mention it's just plumb good for your entire body system. And lucky you, you love it. Or you love how you feel when it's over. And how you feel for the rest of the day.

And even if there's new aches and pains because you pushed or over used something, well...Ms soon to be 60 (Bah, you're still a kid to me) it's all good because I note that at a point you're going to have certain aches and pains every morning, so they might as well be from working out!

Jaz---See above post from me. Hoping you've let this morning fade to dust by now and are back to working on your new life. Which I'm sure you are as I can't even imagine what it's taking to get everything lined up to be on your way.

LOL, the cyst thing was NOT glamorous, believe me. But the beret thing is fun and it led me to realize I can be a hat girl any day I don't want to deal w/my hair. I have a cashmere leopard beret that is the bomb, and a great black one that I put various vintage pins on. LOL, I may be stealing this cyst look all winter long. Great thing about berets is they aren't like winter hats in that sense, that look weird when you keep them on. A good beret just looks like part of your out-fit, indoors or out. Loving this.

Man, I get tired of styling my hair. What say the rest of you gals? I have a pretty simple cut, but nothing like shoving it all under a hat and letting some pretty strands hang out.

Nic---

Spent the morning at the vets w/the dogger. She's OK, but yeah, some issues we need to deal with. In addition to being blind, her hind legs are now suffering arthritis in her knees or possibly a torn meniscus or knee ligament. Nothing to be done about that, so sometimes we have to help heave her up, but once she's walking it out, she's fine.

The vet appt. was stressful because hubby and I have disagreements about treatments for various things. Let me note, our dogger gal---not me, LOL---is his favorite gal. The last dogger we had was more my dog. This one is much more his. Just the way it is w/doggers, who they really bond w/etc. But regardless of course, I love her to bits too.

She has developed knee issues in her back legs, in addition to having SARDS, the cause of her blindness. She is very anxious these days and I think also, bored out of her mind, as she no longer wants to run or walk or even bark. So I wanted to talk to the vet about anti-depression meds as well as sleeping meds. As it is she wakes up all through the night and hubby gets up w/her. His sleeping schedule is totally messed up, which greatly effects our lifestyle.

However, else wise she's pretty healthy at 15. Thankfully the vet was on my page when it comes to trying meds, in fact, she said "you're probably a bit behind on this for her and for you guys." So we're starting an experimental program of meds now. We'll see. Hubby is cross about it. Says "if we're going to turn her into a house plant, we should just put her down now."

Vet took umbrage at that, as I have been doing when he says this to me. Thankfully she told him quite firmly that her approach was to do the least possible in terms of meds to begin w/and move on from there. BUT that NO helpful meds at her age is taking a bite out of her and out of us. (Oh, and yeah, we've tried several Hemp oil products, all the rage now for humans and animals. At least we both agree the effect of these are at best, small.)

So, we will start w/an anti-depressant, melatonin, and Gabapentin, an overall pain med. He was silent all the way home, then said, "I'm not sure I trust her yet." I understand that as she is knew to us, our old vet left. And she isn't a warm and cozy kind of vet. But she DID listen to both of us, and then she bulleted out her plan. And I thought it as good. Hubby was mad all the way home.

SIGH. This is so hard. Just sucks an egg.
  #2922   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-19, 04:20

BF:

Jaz, wow that unemployment thing was wild. Yea people suck...you knew anything from the psycho chick was gonna be over the top LOL

shred it all. best damn medicine for ya. You tried....didn't work....move on. Throw the hands in the air, say Jesus take the wheel and forget all about that crappy past job.

You got great income coming, great new adventure, great new life. You are fine and good and they never took that from ya~

HI NICCO

HI LORI

Blue......loved you Xmas post. Loved reading about the sugar plum fairies and all. I love that type of stuff. Now I don't want to be the one who does the work on it, I love looking at what others have done LOL

You know it is weird but we did put out a lot of stuff at Xmas and Dad did it all with us kids helping....but those stick candles on the side of the door on the porch were always the thing I remembered most....go figure LOL
I think if we hit the road in the rv later, I am taking those suckers with me. Throw out the other stuff, the candles are coming. I just like those things HAHA

So sorry on the dogger. It is that time when it goes downhill and all you can do is some meds and whatever. I know. I been there. Not one darn good thing about any of it. While we get the meds and hear the news and know what it will be like for some decline to come to our pets.....we are angry as hell over that shorter lifespan our pets get and know the time is coming. It sucks rocks to the ultimate. Time helps get your mind around all of it. You and hubby will deal and take the steps needed. There just isn't much one can do when it comes down to it. Makes us feel helpless we can't fix our pets. Or people either to that matter. Just emotions flying thru times like this. All will be ok. It will all go down like it has to go down. So sorry you guys are dealing with it all and dogger isn't herself. Now to see if the meds help and all and if they do then great. I mean you try all we can when we need and it just falls there and wait to see if ya get good results.

Hi All

So I went to bed at 8:30. LOL
couldn't keep my eyes open at all. just so tired. some swimmy headed stuff with rainy icky day and sinus. shut me down a bit.

I woke up at 4. Hey long long sleep for me but still woke up kinda tired.
ugh

I need to eat more beef truly. Eating the seafood and less food actually I am feeling it. I need to hit the ribeyes like it is no one's business I know it helps me a lot. So going that route.

Today is this and that. Rain still. Icky here.

Some little cleaning etc. Nothing dramatic.

Have to hit grocery for some ribeyes. Ate out the freezer. Time to replenish. Put chuck roast in the crockpot as back up meat in the fridge I love to eat.

All good here, just blah.

great day all
  #2923   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-19, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

First of all....Jaz....I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday. At least you tried, but now you can completely wash your hands of that vile company and move on with your new life. Don't let that whacko crush your spirit!

Have a lovely day with the Grands. I'm sure they will be so happy to see their Gigi.

Blue....It sounds to me like you're doing the best you can for your dogger. I'm sure it's hard when you and DH are not on the same page as far as what is best to do. Maybe he just needs a bit more time to come to grips with it all. I hope you can develop a good relationship with the new Vet.

Trig...your decorations sound very nice. I don't do anything as far as decorating. Bah! I love to see it, but don't have the desire to do it. I used to put candles in all my windows, and it did look nice, but haven't done that in years. I used to spend $$ on batteries for the candles and I got tired of doing that. I still have the candles....maybe someday I'll do it again if they still work.

Nic.....hope your week started off on a good note.
--------
Yesterday I had an awesome massage in the morning and then at 1 went to the gym for my treadmill run. I got all the way there and realized that I had forgotten my phone. I need the phone to run the app, so back home I went to retrieve my phone. Luckily, I had left in plenty of time as I had planned to do my upper body weight training before the run. Had to rearrange things and do the weights after the run. No biggie.

I went to the salad bar at our grocery store and made a big salad for myself for dinner. I've been doing that every couple days lately. I don't seem to have any ill effects from eating a bit of salad, so I've been enjoying it.

Today I have Yoga at 10:15 and then nothing else on the agenda. DH is taking Betty to some Dr. appts today, so he'll have his hands full. I'm going to braise some pork chops for dinner and will make some mashed potatoes and gravy for DH. I'm not sure if I'm going to make today a DD or not. I'm going to try not to eat anything before Yoga.....you really don't want anything on your stomach when you're going to be upside down half the time.

Have good days!
  #2924   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-19, 06:27

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue- I loved your Christmas story as well!!!!! I think it's cool TRIg was able to snag a few candle sticks as well! Isn't it funny how a post, song, or a smell takes us right back to a place and time that might've seemed ordinary at the time, but blossomed into a nice memory.
Ok, I am going to plead ignorance here with the beret you are wearing. What are they? Where do you get them? Are they hats? Are they tight? I get tired of doing my hair- my default is a ponytail or a sloppy bun. I am curious!

Trig- take a pic of your decorations!!!!!! -
Yea seafood is light. I have trouble with beef everyday. I like it alot- I don't LOVE it! I do like a fish variety. But then again I have always loved seafood!
I don't mind light on some days!

Lori- Do you still do broth? Was it you that was the bone broth person like me? I saw a great video about gut heal thing and bone broth. This gal has Chrons and uses it for gut health. It is so rich in vitamins and minerals. I might see if I can find the link. The big think is to use all organic! No pesticides on the veggies used for flavor and organic chickens.

Awesome on new low!!!!!!!! You have a treadmill at home too don't you? I am surprised you have not hopped on the Peloton bandwagon. Boy they really cleaned up. Taking a regular work out stationary bike and putting a bow on it and calling it the latest and greatest! Then you put a young fit 100 pound chick on it and then the back lash started!

I bet you loved your massage. Are they still working your arm?

NIC- Hey there! I was studying the map like crazy last night. Email your area so I can get a idea about where you are. You TOO LORI! I know you are near Philly right? Everything seems so close together compared to wide open states it takes hours to get though!

What has your week looked like? How is your WOE BTW? Terrible for me to ask during the holiday!
Except for Lori- and Trig, I have a feeling the 3 of us are going to be upping our commitment!
Have a good week.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I rocked and rolled in tummy pain last night. Not sure if it was something I ate, stress, or all of the above.
I don't feel sick. I was trying to eat out of my fridge and put together a gross meal. It really was gross. But hey- a hotdog omelette with shredded cheese and ketchup. OMG have I paid!!!!!
to much rich, dairy, oh yea and 1/2 stick of butter. OK- it was gross.

Going to Greenville- to see the kiddos and take them their gifts. It is raining like cats and dogs. Serious rain!!!!!- urghhhh..... not a fan of driving in down pours on a highway! Yea I am getting old in that way.

I am STILL waiting the final clearances for 100% go- That is getting to me. I just sent 500.00 deposit for the apt. I remember what happened with the NM gig, they cancelled at the midnight hour. I would hate to be in route or checked in to DE after a 2 day drive to have this facility do the same!!!-
I know this is all part of the journey of a travel nurse, but it is nerve racking! Just GIVE ME THE GREEN light!!!! - ready to go!

I sure could use some broth today and give myself some gut rest.

Countdown:
Waiting for vaccine titers to come back, drug test (not worried), back round test, physical, - all this needs to be cleared before I can start.

Today- Greenville
Tomorrow
- start packing up car/ fishing packing/ clean a little- run vacuum , bathrooms, empty all trash, and refrigerator. - out to dinner with friends early.
Thurs- travel to Norfolk- find a place to pull of and eat and sleep
Friday arrive in DE- and begin unpacking and getting lay of land
Sat- finish unloading car- many trips up 3 flights stars- dinner BIG FISH GRILL!!!!!

Fingers crossed-
Should I take my IPOT?I am taking my small crock pot. I am thinking it will just suck up a ton of room for the amount I would use it. I am taking a mini crock pot. It is big enough for a small roast, 1/2 turkey breast eat. Taking all my spices- coffee, pillows, extension cords, electronics- computers. you would think I am MOVING- LOL!!!!!!!

Ok- gotta wrap a couple things- yup running on the seat of my pants!
  #2925   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-19, 08:05

BF:

Jaz.....I am not really near Philly. I am 3 hours away. We are 3 hours from NYC, 3 hours from Philly, 4 hours from DC, and 4 hours from Pittsburgh. I am basically in the middle of Pennsylvania. When you are in DE, I will be 4+ hours from you, depending on time of day and traffic.

Have fun with the kids!
Closed Thread