Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#256   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-16, 17:22

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Red face g'nite!

thank you ladies!
sorry you are both bouncing around

may we all get some good, sound, peaceful sleep tonight
see you in the am
Sponsored Links
  #257   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-16, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Nice job on the loss Chrissie!

Enjoy your CN Paulette.

I was down a pound this morning of the 5lb gain from CN. Yesterday, I stayed the same. I have fasted thus far today, plan on dinner about 5:30 and will have salmon and salad.

Hoping that the mystery gain is gone in the morning Peggy.

We are in the 80's to low 90's here all week. Nice weather.

Have a great night all.
  #258   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-16, 05:27

Smile good morning all!!

ROX......thank you! and congrats on your 1 lb loss
how did your fast go? every day i say i'm gonna do a 1 day fast, and everyday day i fail

i am cruising in the mabel mobile today

have a great day everyone!
  #259   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-16, 05:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
ROX - my bounces are always so varied! I can have under 2, or more than 6! And it seems they have no real predictability. But small ones seem harder to get off, while bigger ones give me big whooshes

Good morning.

I am the same way Paulette. Glad to know that my body is not the only one that does this.

Thanks Chrissie. The fast was just til dinner, and I did okay. I had my two cups of coffee in the morning with HWC and water the rest of the day. Dinner started about 5:45 with a 6 oz piece of grilled salmon and then a hamburger patty with cheese and 1 slice of bacon.

Stable Mable is not a bad thing Chrissie, your body is taking a break working up for the big whoosh!

I was down 2.0 this morning, so I need 2.0 to get to square with 3 mornings to go.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  #260   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-16, 10:07

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Good Morning Everyone! CN went well last night. This morning I have a 3.4 lb bounce. Nice and average, so I hope it goes away this week and leaves me with a LOSS. Not much time left in this month and I still have not reached my lowest low, much less reached Onderland...

ROX - I always seem to want to fast the day after my CN. I am having coffee now, but will not eat until later this afternoon. Ed is going to smoke a turkey breast on the grill, so I shall dine on smoked turkey later today. I find it easy to fast the day after, but like CHRISSIE said, I can't seem to do it any other day. I get too hungry then I want to eat anything available. Not a good thing. Low calorie days seem to be getting easier for me because I found the best combination of food for me, so I will leave the fasting for the day after only.

And speaking of lower calorie days, I have been trying hard to get my weekly average down this month and I have been doing OK. The CN always brings the calories way up there, so I have been consciously trying to keep the LC days reasonably low. My weekly average last week was about 1600. Not a very good deficit. I would like to see it around 1400. So this week I am going to plan accordingly. My CN yesterday was a bit lower than normal so that will help a lot. My next one is also going to be lower as I am determined to keep it low fat again.

There are some people who like to eat ice cream and stuff like that before bed on CN, but I find the calories so freaking high that it is prohibitive! Ed likes to go to the custard stand here in town, and the flavors look so delicious, but there are about 1,000 calories in a pint of plain vanilla!!!!!!!!!!!! A couple spoonfuls would be too restrictive for me. If I wanted ice cream, I would want the whole container, dammit. So I keep ice cream far, far away from me!

I am still in this game to lose some weight, and I need to keep that in mind. I don't care to lose it quickly any more. I did that at great expense to my metabolism. These days I just want to train myself to eat reasonably, and give myself a break from dieting once a week. But I would like to see a lb come off every month if possible. That is my goal. I don't seem to be at that point this month and that annoys me. So I need to have stricter control on CN from now on! That is my pledge.

Sigh.

I hope you all are doing well today. Congrats to all losses. Even stability is a good thing. And I truly hope we can all see a LOSS this week!

Talk at you all later!
  #261   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-16, 13:21
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Weighed 185.2 today (down 1.2)and considering I'd already had lunch, was wearing clothes and clunky shoes, the 186.4 at the doctor's office at noon sounds like I might actually be below the 185 my scale is reading, by maybe 2-3#. But I can't sort all that out daily, so I'm using what my scale says for reporting purposes.

Glad your bounce up was small Paulette; and that Rox's drop was big again. My doc is switching me to an ACE inhibitor for blood pressure as of today, so we'll see if it has been impeding my success or not. She doesn't think it will make any difference, but switched it to placate me, basically.
  #262   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-16, 13:50

BF:

PEGGY - my scale is always different from the doc's, too. I just go by my scale because I trust it pretty well. It is new!

I'm glad to hear you finally get to change meds! And I sure hope they make a difference for you!
  #263   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-16, 18:17

BF:

Nice small bounce Paulette.

I am also not in any hurry to get the weight off, that is why I am doing CNS. I want something I can live with for life/long haul. CNS is not a quick fix or fast for most people. But, if we can lose something each month and be happy doing in, then that is what matters most.

I like to stick with the same scale Peggy. My docs scale also weighs lighter than mine does. I have weight fully dressed before leaving for docs, no food or
drink and weight like 3 pounds less. I want to someday be able to just go by my clothes more than the darn scale. I will get there.

Fasted today, a little easier today than yesterday. Not that it was hard yesterday, mind you. I am going to grill a rib eye in about 15 mins or so and will have half an avocado if I want something more. My goal is to get down as low as I can before we go on vacation in couple weeks. I tend to eat when we are in Disneyland!

Have a good night all.
Rox
  #264   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-16, 20:18

Red face g'nite!

ROX....congrats on the 2 lb loss!!!

PAULETTE.....that is a very respectable cn gain!
your pledge AND your plan sound great! very manageable

PEGGY.....nice job on the -1.2
i hope the new meds work out!!

sweet dreams
  #265   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-16, 06:00

BF:

Thanks Chrissie!

Down another 1.0 this morning. I won't lie, I was really hoping for another 2.0 loss after fasting all day til dinner. Oh well, body said no. LOL

Have a nice day everyone!
  #266   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-16, 09:12
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Morning everyone. I'm down 1.6# today, weighing 183.6. I'd love to get to 180 by Sat. but not sure I can. Did too much yard work and walking this morning early and am so worn out, not sure I have the energy to go get my new medication today. I'm going to rest up and try though.

Hope everyone has a great day. Happy we're all seeing some success this week.
  #267   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-16, 09:54

BF:

Good morning!
PEGGY - you are doing fantastic and I hope you reach your goal on Saturday!

ROX - I didn't know you were planning on a Disneyland vaycay - how fun!!! Congrats on another lb down and I hope you lose the one that avoided you today by morning. All that fasting has got to pay off for you.

CHRISSIE - I hope you also see a loss today!

I am only down .2 this morning, but I don't expect to start losing until tomorrow, so I am pleased. Things went well for my "fast" yesterday and the cals were low. The smoked turkey was great and there is plenty left for my salad today and perhaps tomorrow.

I received an email from Keifer this morning with a heads-up on the new CarbNite 2 which should be available very soon. It is a software which totally customizes the plan for you. And it is only available to those who purchased the digital CNS book. So if anyone out there did not purchase the book, do it soon so you can have access to CarbNite 2! I am very excited to see what this new version is all about. It seems to be very personalized and scientific. And the email promised I could access it at 50% off. But it did not say what the price actually is......

Today's lunch will be a turkey salad on spinach for me. I was able to find a nice ripe avocado, so I have a container of fresh dressing made. I am not real sure about dinner yet. Ed took out some bratwurst to thaw, so I wonder if he will be grilling them today? Whatever it is, I plan on about 1000-1100 calories today. Yesterday was only 856. But that was only because it was the day after CN.

I hope the day is going well for everyone. Enjoy the summer while it is still here! Although I enjoy cooler weather, I really miss the hot sun and my pool. And my flowers. Oh well, that is part of living up north. At least we do not have the hideous bugs up here like they have further south!!!

#268   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-16, 10:34

Cool good afternoon people!

stability, day 2
yesterday, i attended tech camp most of the day (required training hours for my job).
they provided us with breakfast and lunch, which was nice. i did not eat breakfast 'cuz it was just carb city, but for lunch i was able to have a small salad with some misc cold cuts
for dinner last night we had corned beef & cabbage
point being.....salt, salt and more salt!!
so i will accept stable, as i am surprised i did not see a gain

PAULETTE.....i have the actual book, so i guess i will have to wait to see what happens with CN2; see how much it is to download when it finally comes out.
another 0.2 sailed away from you

PEGGY......excellent loss!!!
enjoy your r&r day

ROX.....don't you just hate when your body says "no"????
congrats on another loss
  #269   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-16, 10:55

BF:

I've been scouring the web for a little more info on CNS2, but Keifer keeps things pretty hush out there! CNS almost seems like a private club at times.

Personally, I am thrilled to know that the new CNS2 will be a personalized approach to find the best eating plans and times/days. It seems like I have been experimenting with this for a long time but have not truly found my sweet spot as far as carb level or type of carbs yet.

Have any of you received the email?
  #270   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-16, 10:58

BF:

CHRISSIE - Keifer says the new CNS2 will not be a book - but in software form. I am not really sure what this means or entails, but I kind of got the idea that it will be a program available through his website that will personally "teach" and advise you what YOU need to follow to get the best results.