Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#226   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 12:32

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Congrats Blenders..I look forward to when I can say I'm losing to new lows Right now, I'm getting back to where I was..down 4 lbs.

I love the breakfast sausage I make - credit to Laura and it has my tweeks:

1 lb. ground pork
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon (or adjust to your taste) fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt (adjust to your taste, we don't salt much)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
eyeball about 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg.

Mix well by hand, then form into patties, cook at 350 degrees until probe thermometer says internal temp at thickest point is at least 160 degrees.

Seriously
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 12:46

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Congrats Blenders..I look forward to when I can say I'm losing to new lows Right now, I'm getting back to where I was..down 4 lbs.

Patriciakr - I hear ya. I'm just trying to get back down to where I was too, merely 8 months ago ~ 205-210 lbs. Then I can start the real work of losing down to goal. Congrats on the 4 lbs! That's awesome!

That sausage sounds great! I've gotten away from pork (except for sausage and bacon, of course!) mainly because I don't like the taste. I never thought of making my own sausages before! And I'm sure it's much cheaper than store bought links. I will definitely give this recipe a try! Thanks!
  #228   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 15:35

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yummm Patricia- sounds good!!
YYYAAAYYY Blenders!!!!!!!! Way to go lady!
New low 237.6- I have no idea why I am losing so much this weight but I am happy about it
today:

rm: eggs (2) I piece of toast, 1/4 c. of hashbrowns, glass of milk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 a donut (hehe).

Then I got my butt KICKED by my trainer. i was crying by the end lol (another reason I ate a few more carbs- I knew I was gonna burn them off) We worked out for an hour and 20 minutes. I can barely walk this afternoon.
plans for my cms:
Salad with boiled egg and ranch
burger with tomatoes and mushrooms

OH and so I've lost 26 lbs as of today which means I have hit my 10% goal! Woot woot
  #229   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 16:58
Registered Member

Plan: SB / CALP
Stats: 289/259/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 22%

today was a better day for me , I woke up very early 4:30 am and still have lots of energy , I love that !!!!!

I started cooking at 5am lol , I make swiss chard chips , pepperoni breadsticks ( from cauliflower ) , an asian soup with bok choy , lean pork meatballs and potabella's , a beef stew and mushroom stew in the crockpot , an eggplant lasagna and a deepdish pizza ( the dough is chicken and cheese ) , I also cut up veggies , lots of veggies and made snack packs so my family can realize that those are the snacks that replace the granola bars , chips , cookies ....

cm- coffee with heavy cream , 3 eggs with cream cheese , chives and smoked salmon

snack- swiss chard chips and some nuked pepperoni ( went to a movie , very proud for resisting all the temptations )

RM- eggplant lasagna ( no noodles ) . a pepperoni cauliflower stick , salad with balsamic , and a chocolate frozen yogurt shake

I think one of the problems was that i was not having enough fat at breakfast time , I was having egg whites and lean meat , today I had whole eggs and heavy cream in my coffee and seemed to make a huge difference , so hopefully I have found the secret to my success !
  #230   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 09:07
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
hope everyone had a great weekend.
Congrats on how well you guys are doing- Blenders and Melodyrose!

Shushy, there are years of daily menus in the older HOUR POWER threads, and Pat posts hers on her journal. I stopped doing it everyday but there are reams of them on the old thread, as I have been on plan for almost 10 years.

Your questions are good ones- I am not sure about the answers. The Heller books didn't address shakes and bars and smoothies and such. They said to eat protein and veggies for 2 meals and protein/veggies/carbs for 1 meal. They gave a list of 'allowed' CM veggies and proteins. They did not really talk about how many carbs per meal as one of the )best) ideas of their plans is you don't have to measure.
That said, you need to figure out what works for you. The Eades (protein power) had a book out in the last few years where they advocated drinking a protein shake for a meal. There are new South Beach shakes and atkins shakes and so many new 'milk' and yogurt products that the Hellers never included in their books. Greek yogurt was not around, neither was stevia. So I don't know what to say.

I will say that there are obviously variations in people's interpretations of the plans. I stongly encourage you to read the books yourself. Please post your daily food too- so we can see what you are doing and so that if you ask for input we can help.

My day today

CM: 2 eggs, 1ou cream cheese, 2 T ground flax, iced coffee.
CM(planned)- have a meeting at 11 and 12:30 and will take my lunch. water, greek yogurt with 1 stevia, celery sticks.
planned snack: iced green tea, 10 almonds

RM(planned) salad, water, eggplant parm

I have another meeting 6-9pm and I know I cannot eat- no meal break- so .....

tomorrows plan:
CM: 2 eggs, 1 slice turkey bacon, coffee
CM: salad, turkey breast and cheese on the salad
RM: salad, salmon, spinach,blueberries

Wednesday's plan
CM:2 eggs, turkey bacon, coffee
CM:salad, leftover salmon (I have 3 pieces I'l cook tomorrow)
RM:salad, spinach, rotisserie chicken, blueberries

that is as far as I have gotten for RMs. Of course my CMs on Thursday will be the eggs/bacon and the leftover chicken on a salad.

[Everyday I have 10 almonds and 2Tflax that I grind- doctors orders. I started doing this a long time ago.]

HTH
E
  #231   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 10:38

BF:

hey everyone, good morning! happy Monday (rolls back in to bed groaning).
today: 237.8 (up .2- normal variation for me).

rm was very carb-heavy this morning. I wanted nothing savory whatsoever.

rm: PBJ, strawberries, glass of milk
cm: salad with boiled egg
cm: boca burger with tomato and cheese

yesterday I ended up only having one CM (grilled chicken and peppers) and one snack (almonds). I also felt very very sore and weak and so I had 1/4 cup of milk (I never have milk usually but from what I remember, 2 oz a day is acceptable). I need to figure out good foods for muscle recovery. I am thinking about going to Zumba tonight- never been and it seems fun
  #232   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 11:05

Wow, Shushy! Sound like you are prepped for the week! Those pepperoni cauliflowers sticks sounds yummy. Was the recipe posted on this thread?

Not very hungry this morning. I came down with a bit of a cold yesterday but feeling ok today. I guess my hunger hasn't caught up yet. Hoping by tonight for my favorite dinner:

RM B - 1 small bowl of oatmeal (with eggs mixed in for added protein), 1 choc chip muffin, 1 cup chai tea with cream & stevia
L - tuna or hamburger patty, if I'm hungry
D - Scotch Gravel (very similar to Beef Stroganoff but with mashed potatoes instead of noodles. I will use mashed cauliflower.)
  #233   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 14:04
Registered Member

BF:

Blenders this is the site i used for a few of the recipes

http://yourlighterside.com/

the deep dish pizza is really good
  #234   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 19:14
Registered Member

BF:

cm- 3 egg whites cooked in butter with sauteed ham , green pepper and mushrrom

cm- cucumbers , celery and dressing , 1/8 of my chicken crust pizza

rm- beef & mushrooms , salad , broccoli , 2 tbls mash potato , 1 scoop of rolo ice cream
  #235   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 23:38

BF:

rolo ice cream?!? lol that sounds AMAZING. Ugg, did not go to Zumba. Mostly because I can't even WALK I'm in so much pain from being sore. It has to get better tomorrow right? My trainer is sick so I will have to go it alone tomorrow. It will be hard to go in this much pain but if I feel better tomorrow then yay.
I ended up having my salad for lunch and then a piece of salmon for dinner. didn't eat much today. I got the stuff to make homemade enchiladas tomorrow for my meal. Chocolate covered strawberries have been my favorite dessert so I will have those too. Oh and I might have some corn. We'll see if I'm very hungry anyway.
So how are you ladies rewarding yourselves for hitting some of your goals? I have been giving myself something small every 5 lbs. I mentioned this before but when I hit 30 lbs lost in about 4 lbs or so, I am going to get a hot stone massage. I have never had one so I am excited. I came up with a list tonight of some things i wanted
  #236   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 05:35
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
rolo ice cream?!? lol that sounds AMAZING. Ugg, did not go to Zumba. Mostly because I can't even WALK I'm in so much pain from being sore. It has to get better tomorrow right? My trainer is sick so I will have to go it alone tomorrow. It will be hard to go in this much pain but if I feel better tomorrow then yay.
I ended up having my salad for lunch and then a piece of salmon for dinner. didn't eat much today. I got the stuff to make homemade enchiladas tomorrow for my meal. Chocolate covered strawberries have been my favorite dessert so I will have those too. Oh and I might have some corn. We'll see if I'm very hungry anyway.
So how are you ladies rewarding yourselves for hitting some of your goals? I have been giving myself something small every 5 lbs. I mentioned this before but when I hit 30 lbs lost in about 4 lbs or so, I am going to get a hot stone massage. I have never had one so I am excited. I came up with a list tonight of some things i wanted

I have to admit , my ultimate reward will be to arrive at Universal Studios Orlando and not have to worry about fitting on the Harry Potter forbidden journey ride , it is said that that is only for skinny butts , so I always have that picture in mind when thinking of eating badly
  #237   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 10:33

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%

Well, I am jumping back in the CALP pool again. I have been MIA for awhile. DH passed away December 11th and the months preceding were a nightmare. He had a long and brutal battle with neck cancer. Then, two weeks after I had to move so I have been extremely busy and just now am looking at diet options. Fortunately I haven't gained back any weight, and actually lost 2 lbs last two weeks. I am thinking that I may try using an Atkins frozen meal for my lunch CM and a couple of eggs for my breakfast CM. Walmart now has these and the carbs come out to 6 gr. net carbs. Is that going to be too many carbs do you think? Life certainly has a way of putting things in perspective. I have moved literally all over the states and abroad but this move was a proverbial bitch. Military wives just roll with a move and I am no exception but at my age it sure doesn't get any easier. Resumed my pilates and zumba at home and have a support group to go to next week. Ever onward as they say.
  #238   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushy
I have to admit , my ultimate reward will be to arrive at Universal Studios Orlando and not have to worry about fitting on the Harry Potter forbidden journey ride , it is said that that is only for skinny butts , so I always have that picture in mind when thinking of eating badly

My hubby and I were talking about taking the kids there too! Maybe next year. Good to know about the "skinny butts" ride. There is a ride at Legoland that is sort of like the big free fall rides for adults but this is smaller for the littler kids. They have 8 regular seats and one big seat in the middle. I always have to sit in the big seat. If it's not available, I wait while a bunch of kids and skinny butts take the remaining seats. <sigh>

I don't really do rewards for myself. I think fitting into my old clothes (or better yet, buying new smaller clothes) is the best reward for me. Plus, I get to have a reward meal every day and that's pretty amazing in and of itself.

RM B - leftover Scotch Gravel (this time with potato/cauliflower mix), 2 ice cream sandwiches, 1 cup chai tea with cream & stevia
L - fried eggs with ham slices and swiss cheese
D - ???
  #239   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 11:21
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ
Well, I am jumping back in the CALP pool again. I have been MIA for awhile. DH passed away December 11th and the months preceding were a nightmare. He had a long and brutal battle with neck cancer. Then, two weeks after I had to move so I have been extremely busy and just now am looking at diet options. Fortunately I haven't gained back any weight, and actually lost 2 lbs last two weeks. I am thinking that I may try using an Atkins frozen meal for my lunch CM and a couple of eggs for my breakfast CM. Walmart now has these and the carbs come out to 6 gr. net carbs. Is that going to be too many carbs do you think? Life certainly has a way of putting things in perspective. I have moved literally all over the states and abroad but this move was a proverbial bitch. Military wives just roll with a move and I am no exception but at my age it sure doesn't get any easier. Resumed my pilates and zumba at home and have a support group to go to next week. Ever onward as they say.

Hi Suze , I am new here but have been trying to stay as active as possible on the boards .
I am so sorry to hear about your DH , that must have been very painful for you during and after .
I think it's great you are back and look forward to sharing posts with you
  #240   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ
Well, I am jumping back in the CALP pool again. I have been MIA for awhile. DH passed away December 11th and the months preceding were a nightmare.

Welcome back, SuzeQ!
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Glad you are here and looking forward to your posts.
Closed Thread