Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2371   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-12, 07:52

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonDépart
Just checking in. I haven't time to catch up on the thread, will do so shortly.

I've had a gastric flu virus thing. I didn't want to eat for the first couple of days. But when I started to feel better, oh boy have I fallen off the CALP wagon. I'd managed nearly a week on plan, and was showing a good average weight loss of about 5lbs for that week, prior to getting ill. I weighed this morning and appear to have regained about 4 of those.

Struggling to get back OP. I've got the Hellers' book which deals specifically with this problem (The 7 Day low carb rescue and recovery plan)so I must open it... just getting another Day 1 under my belt is proving very tough. Seems like all my motivation has gone.

Being ill tends to make one want to through whatever out the window and just eat to feel better! At least for me I'd do your best to plan your favorite cms and rm's for that first week back on. I find certain dishes and flavors/textures very appealing at different times (i.e. in Fall, I really do love to make my veggie/cheese casseroles and make soups, in Summer..I adore shrimp salad, grilled anything ).

I also find restarting, with that "I'm hungry" bit of craziness that is evident initially, hitting it with as someone I know would call it "Protein bullets" works - if you have to eat every 90 minutes, do so..just make it protein plus a bit of cm veggie. Homemade cm beef jerky, clean roast beef slices with bit of mayo rolled up in a romaine lettuce leaf, devilled eggs Mayo and butter are my friend at such times as well, since fat = satiety for me (and many).
Good luck..remember not why you want to lose, but feel what you don't like/want to change NOW about your body/your clothes or exercise fitness.
Sponsored Links
  #2372   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-12, 17:48
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I'm hanging in there- on plan- just feeling like my body is changing as I have changed some medications. I'm thinking about it.
I'm going on a 2 week vacation and will stay OP. On vacation that means my regular CALP CMs and more flexible RMs, usually including alcohol. My plan for vacation this time is one alcoholic beverage with RM, and I will not order dessert any RM. I will also have protein and veggies with the meal. This should work well for me, even though I avoid alcohol most of the time.
So I will not be posting or reading emails- but will come over when I get back!
E
  #2373   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-12, 08:08

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Have a wonderful vacation Eno! I look forward to hearing about it when you get back!
  #2374   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-12, 10:53
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 300/190.5/133 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyann68
Thanks Joan. It was a good read. I went to the store this morning and got some things for my new way of eating. I also checked out some gluten-free products although he says not to use them. Joan, do you use them?

I also read where someone said that gluten-free foods didn't taste very good however, I did get a cookie that tastes pretty good. I bought unsweetened almond milk and put Stevia in it to make it more palatable and I must say it does taste much better.

I have been GF for a long long long time and I do use GF products at RM's all the time and have gotten excellent results on CAD by doing so and am healthy healthy!!!

I have the Wheatbelly book and have read it and like it.
  #2375   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-12, 11:39
Registered Member

Stats: 300/190.5/133 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykelogan
Thanks Pattyann, I actually lost 2.4 this week. I just meant that i was only .4lbs into the 280s. hehe :-)

The book you ordered sounds interesting! Let us know how it turns out. :-)

I"m Edith not Patty LOL but the Wheatbelly book is excellent. I am in agreement with 80% of it.

Totally agree on the low carb, gluten free, parts of the book.

Parts about not eating any GF products like noodles, bread, cookies etc, I don't agree with. I am GF and continue to use GF products at RM's and am doing great!
  #2376   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-12, 07:45

Stats: 242/189.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Sorry, I've been MIA for a few days. Thanks Joan and Edith for sharing about the GF products. I think I will try them at RM myself.
  #2377   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-12, 08:23

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Wow, it has been a long time since anyone posted here. I thought it was time for me to check in since I don't remember the last time I did.

I have been following CALP a little over four and a half years now and I am doing great and feel wonderful. I never thought I would ever get this close to my ideal weight, but following the three easy guidelines of CALP has made it possible. I continue to post on my website and over the last year my weight has been steady. I have been watching my weight bounce up and down a few pounds, depending on what and how much I eat, which tells me that I can maintain my weight and even lose more if I continue to follow the program which has never been a problem for me. I still love the way I eat and I will always make sure to include the foods I love. I have found that I feel better when I include exercise into my program and although my weight appears to have stabilized, my body still seems to be shrinking.

Best wishes to you all!

Teri
  #2378   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-12, 16:40

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

Hoppinn, nice to hear from you! I was looking at your fluctuations this year. I'm sure you're used to going up and down a little bit, within range, but I bet it feels good to be under 140 again!

Congratulations on your long term success, what an inspiration you are!
  #2379   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-12, 07:49

Plan: Whole30 (Paleo)
Stats: 600/253/225 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 93%

Let me second Joan's sentiment, Hoppinn. Your success is inspiring! :-)

Hope everyone is doing well! I have been good, just very busy. This weekend made some new discoveries, as for the first time I am no longer the heaviest person in my close circle of friends. Might some seem significant, but kind of blew me away. lol. Also, over the past week I have had three people, friends and acquaintances, come to me about dieting advice. That feels really good. I like the idea of being able to pass on my experiences.
  #2380   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-12, 09:51

BF:

Quote:
Let me second Joan's sentiment, Hoppinn. Your success is inspiring! :-)

Hope everyone is doing well! I have been good, just very busy. This weekend made some new discoveries, as for the first time I am no longer the heaviest person in my close circle of friends. Might some seem significant, but kind of blew me away. lol. Also, over the past week I have had three people, friends and acquaintances, come to me about dieting advice. That feels really good. I like the idea of being able to pass on my experiences.

I am so happy for you Myke and I know that does feel wonderful. I remember feeling that way when I lost all that weight before and hope I'll be able to experience it again. You are doing great!!! Good to hear from you.
  #2381   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-12, 09:53

BF:
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppinn
Wow, it has been a long time since anyone posted here. I thought it was time for me to check in since I don't remember the last time I did.

I have been following CALP a little over four and a half years now and I am doing great and feel wonderful. I never thought I would ever get this close to my ideal weight, but following the three easy guidelines of CALP has made it possible. I continue to post on my website and over the last year my weight has been steady. I have been watching my weight bounce up and down a few pounds, depending on what and how much I eat, which tells me that I can maintain my weight and even lose more if I continue to follow the program which has never been a problem for me. I still love the way I eat and I will always make sure to include the foods I love. I have found that I feel better when I include exercise into my program and although my weight appears to have stabilized, my body still seems to be shrinking.

Best wishes to you all!

Teri

Hi Teri, I still get your newsletter from time to time and I've recently stopped eating wheat per one of them. It is amazing how different I feel. You are still an inspiration. Thanks for always sharing.
  #2382   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-12, 12:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
back from my great 2 week vacation. I was OP as much as I could be- had 2 desserts the whole time but did have alcohol daily- either a glass of wine or a mixed drink. I am up 5 lbs from where I want to be- not good! I am back to my usual no alcohol most days and hope it just goes away (LOL). I am confident it will.

Had breakfast included for all 14 days- eggs in for only 6 of the days. Had cheese and coffee the rest. Had carbs for lunch 4 days. Feel very good about that.

Had salmon last night, and I'm making a cabbage soup for tonight. Carb yesterday was a drink (last one!) and tonight it will be a roll.

Hi Guys!
E
  #2383   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-12, 12:17

Plan: Whole30 (Paleo)
Stats: 600/253/225 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome back Eno! Glad you had a great vacation! :-)

Thanks for your support Pattyann! We can all do this, I am convinced!
  #2384   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-12, 17:39

BF:

Eno - Welcome back. Glad you had a good time.
  #2385   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-12, 00:51

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
This weekend made some new discoveries, as for the first time I am no longer the heaviest person in my close circle of friends.

Myke, that's truly significant, imagining that you used to look around and feel bad being the heaviest person, now you're not, that's worth jumping for joy! I kind of feel bad for the other guy now, maybe he can learn from you!

Eno, welcome back from vacation! Love your attitude, those 5 pounds don't stand a chance!

I had a good drop last week, making me a believer. It seems slow, but I'm determined to be patient. I'm enjoying my RMs and the scale is going in the right direction.
Closed Thread