Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-14, 07:41

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

wow, that's amazing. So inspiring for me.

My total loss on CAD at Week 4 Day 4 is 6.5 pounds.

I got my first positive reinforcement that it may be starting to show yesterday when I had to walk past a guy using a huge grass mower at a condo. Grass was blowing all over the place so I slowed down to avoid it and the guy turned off his mower.

I was walking quickly past and he yelled out "take your time, I'm enjoying the view"... as a heavier woman, I'm not used to being visible when out and around so it was shocking to say the least. When I thought about it, as a sexist comment I probably should have been offended but truly, it was flattering. I'm used to thinking of myself and believing others see me as a huge shapeless blob moving through space...to think that I wasn't offending eyeballs was a nice change....
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-14, 14:45

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb34
wow, that's amazing. So inspiring for me.

My total loss on CAD at Week 4 Day 4 is 6.5 pounds.

I got my first positive reinforcement that it may be starting to show yesterday when I had to walk past a guy using a huge grass mower at a condo. Grass was blowing all over the place so I slowed down to avoid it and the guy turned off his mower.

I was walking quickly past and he yelled out "take your time, I'm enjoying the view"... as a heavier woman, I'm not used to being visible when out and around so it was shocking to say the least. When I thought about it, as a sexist comment I probably should have been offended but truly, it was flattering. I'm used to thinking of myself and believing others see me as a huge shapeless blob moving through space...to think that I wasn't offending eyeballs was a nice change....

I can imagine. I know I am becoming quite surprised when people who haven't seen me in awhile are so startled, then I remember. None of them knew me at the weight and then obese weight I was for years..most knew me as morbidly obese () To me, I'm just getting back to looking like "me".
  #213   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-14, 08:00

Default Two New One Day Lows in a Row and fantastic news

Yesterday my weight was 176.5 - my first time seeing a 176+ in years.
Today my weight is 175.6!! I'm ecstatic.

Best of all, when I went for an overdue apt. for compression garment fitting, I had hoped I was right that my legs are almost 100% back to normal. I was right. I asked where I was at with my lymphedema (it had been classified as moderate) and was told between stage 1 and 0. 0!!! I was then told if I wanted I could try just a couple of hours without the garments...as in for a special occasion, I could wear a dress again.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that since my legs (not the best circulation) feel better when I wear the garments, I could certainly continue to wear them, but my future - as I lose these last pounds - might hold a different kind of garment...maybe something less thick, less noticeable?
This is the best possible outcome, one I've dreamed of.
  #214   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-14, 08:50

175.6 again today, I'm really excited to be seeing mid-170s. Now...lol..I want those mid-160s by the New Year!
  #215   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-14, 10:50

that's exciting! So glad that health issues can be resolved somewhat with this way of eating.

I'm still sitting where I was two days ago, but I also have been going to bed really really late and I have learned that I hold onto the weight if I'm not sleeping at least 8-9 hours a night. This week I've been averaging around 5-6 hours a night. So I have to do better with that to see some progress.

I was hoping to have lost 8 pounds at the end of 4 weeks but looks like it wont happen...trying not to be disappointed.
  #216   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-14, 11:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
PAT!!!! AMAZING!!!!!
Deb- you are figuring it out - it's a process.

I'm SO OVER this kitchen thing. I haven't made dinner in 2 weeks- and eating protein bars (Quest) for breakfast. I think tomorrow I will make eggs- now that the stove is hooked back up!
Tomorrow for dinner I will cook- I'm grilling salmon, nuking spinach and making a salad from a box!
Saturday is a fast day, Yom Kippur, and we typically have breakfast when we break the fast about 8pm. I will have eggs, smoked salmon and tuna for protein and a bagel and cream cheese.

Have a great weekend-
E
  #217   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-14, 15:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
PAT!!!! AMAZING!!!!!
Deb- you are figuring it out - it's a process.

I'm SO OVER this kitchen thing. I haven't made dinner in 2 weeks- and eating protein bars (Quest) for breakfast. I think tomorrow I will make eggs- now that the stove is hooked back up!
Tomorrow for dinner I will cook- I'm grilling salmon, nuking spinach and making a salad from a box!
Saturday is a fast day, Yom Kippur, and we typically have breakfast when we break the fast about 8pm. I will have eggs, smoked salmon and tuna for protein and a bagel and cream cheese.

Have a great weekend-
E

Eno - Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Lemon Cream - it would fit I think and is just incredibly delicious. It will be one of my holiday breakfasts this winter, as it was last.
  #218   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-14, 08:40

Default New one day low

Granted, I slept in, but I don't care, I saw it! My weight this morning is 175.2. C'mon 174!!
  #219   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-14, 11:56
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
that recipe looks easy and good- I am going to try that lemon cream the next time I make my gravlax. Looks great.

Pat, I hope you are looking at the maintenance area now. You are almost there- know you are still working on goal but then ..........

Went to a lunch out today. Had really good chicken salad and coleslaw.

Changed the menu a bit for dinner tonight- DH requested cod so I'm baking that.

later-
E
  #220   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-14, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
that recipe looks easy and good- I am going to try that lemon cream the next time I make my gravlax. Looks great.

Pat, I hope you are looking at the maintenance area now. You are almost there- know you are still working on goal but then ..........

Went to a lunch out today. Had really good chicken salad and coleslaw.

Changed the menu a bit for dinner tonight- DH requested cod so I'm baking that.

later-
E

I haven't been, but you are right, guess no reason to wait, I'm almost there
  #221   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-14, 13:21

todays weight: 224.8 that's my lowest in months! yay! was so tired last night I didn't even care about my RM. I know I ate something but can't remember what...

tonight I want a cheeseburger, have been thinking about it all day, I'll have to make a marinated veggie salad to put in the fridge for a few days- I'm getting sick of steamed ones.
  #222   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-14, 14:55

Quote:
todays weight: 224.8 that's my lowest in months! yay! was so tired last night I didn't even care about my RM. I know I ate something but can't remember what...

tonight I want a cheeseburger, have been thinking about it all day, I'll have to make a marinated veggie salad to put in the fridge for a few days- I'm getting sick of steamed ones.

Congratulations! Hmmm...burger sounds good, maybe I'll have one this weekend too.
  #223   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-14, 06:36

I had a whoosh this past week. My new weight by average is 175.81, for a total now lost of 192.19. Under 36 pounds to a real goal of 140.
  #224   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-14, 10:07
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
amazing.Pat. Amazing.

The burger sounded good to me too- had one for RM last night!

It's fall here- too cold to be comfortable but I REFUSE to turn the heat on! Not yet!
So I'm freezing!

Had 2 eggs and coffee for RM this morning. Not sure about lunch or dinner- one meal will be a Costco hotdog. Maybe dinner with the bun!!
Or it might be Chick Fil A and a salad.

later!
E
  #225   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-14, 12:58

Quote:

I never got my cheeseburger, everybody in my house has the flu, except me and I had my protein shake, tomato soup and some noodles.

But I did get pizza on Sunday night. I took my protein shake in a small thermos in my bag, excused myself to step outside just as the food was coming to the table, guzzled the shake, went back in, ate my salad and then pizza and it was great!

down a total 8.2 lbs on Day 4 week 5.

Just a note to myself, I'm getting 125 to 150 gm of protein from my shakes plus whatever I get in my CM and RM- I think this is key for me to not feel hungry and it makes me feel better knowing I'm not cannibalizing my heart muscle and so on from eating teeny CM meals. 2 eggs for morning CM would make me faint with hunger...the shakes are saving me from stuffing my face all day long.

Last edited by deb34 : Tue, Oct-07-14 at 14:38.