Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#196   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 08:22

Plan: My Way.
Stats: 178/173/140 Female 63 inches.
BF:
Progress: 13%

Just bought my self a new winter coat, two sizes less...
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 08:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/165/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttygran
Just bought my self a new winter coat, two sizes less...

Oh, yay! Doesn't that feel soooo good?!
I've been wearing mostly mediums in tops lately....it's been *years* since I've worn that size.

Oh, and another thing, this is always the time of year I put on weight, I have never in my life lost weight around the holidays. That feels awesome too!

Congrats on the 2# down, MMiller26!
  #198   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 08:37

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Woo hoo!!!!!

I don't know who I'm more proud (and in awe) of ...

... those of you who finally figured it out and are losing at a steady rate without feeling deprived all the time and feeling like you want to cave

... or those of you who are maintaining without feeling deprived all the time and feeling like you want to cave

Both groups get kudos from me!

And lest we not forget the rest of us who are still struggling, who still slip up from time to time, but who keep fighting the good fight. I'm proud of US, too!
  #199   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 08:51

Plan: Moderate Low-Carb <100g
Stats: 130/110.2/115 Female 5'3.5
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 132%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller26
And what do you know? It worked. Down 2 pounds this morning to 217. I feel like throwing a parade. lol

I think I hear a tuba playing in the distance and can see batons being thrown. .. .. .

Congrats on the 2lbs lost!

And congrats to you Gran for the coat two sizes smaller. Yeah!

Julia
  #200   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 08:51

Plan: My Way.
Stats: 178/173/140 Female 63 inches.
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thank you Ghoulia & 1stBreath.

Oh BW, I am a struggler too. Let's raise a glass (of water) to all who are ZC.
  #201   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 09:40

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

I've made it for a couple days on meat, egg yolks, spices and seltzer with lemon - no kimchi at all. Monday I had leftover spare ribs and bison heart plus leftover yolks from the kids' breakfast. Yesterday I had the remainder of the ribs and some grilled hamburgers and chicken wings seasoned with sea salt only. I feel pretty good, but I'm up a couple pounds and my lips are dry. I was 136 this weekend, which is low for this time of year, and I'm almost 139 today. Usually I go between 137 and 141, so we'll see if I swing back again. I've also been sweating a lot at night and smelling a bit worse than usual.

I did eat a chicken wing that had touched my daughter's broccoli last night, though. I don't think a couple broccoli buds would bother me, but it was seasoned with ghee, which I've been suspecting again.

Last edited by capmikee : Wed, Dec-09-09 at 09:46.
  #202   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 09:52

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well, there's the good news and then there's the bad news.

First, some background. I haven't slept through the night in I can't remember when. I wake up between midnight and 1:30 and then can't get back to sleep, so I stay awake until I get up. Sometimes I'm able to fall asleep again around 4:30, but then get up between 5:00 and 6:00, so it's not a lot of sleep.

So, here's the good news. Last night I went to bed at 9:00, and didn't wake up until 8:30!!!!! Geez, I haven't done that since I was about 6 years old! I did have my alarm set for 5:00 so I could give hubby his wake-up call (he's in Pittsburgh this week on a business trip), but I fell right asleep when I hung up.

Now for the bad news. Last night around 7:00 I took a package of chicken wings out of the freezer and put it on the counter to thaw for a couple hours before I went to bed . . .

Who doesn't know where this story is going?

Yup. I forgot the wings. I wandered downstairs this morning to make some coffee and there they were, still on the counter.

DANG IT!!! I was really looking forward to some nice crispy wings today.

Now the "fess up" part. As you know, your dearest BawdyWench does love her wee glass of Jameson's or rum or wine in the evening. OK, maybe two wee glasses.

Yesterday afternoon I went to a blood drive and donated blood and they told me not to drink any alcohol that night.

So, no alcohol last night.

And I slept through the night and woke up refreshed and raring to go.

There couldn't possibly be a connection there . . . could there?

#203   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 10:52

Plan: Moderate Low-Carb <100g
Stats: 130/110.2/115 Female 5'3.5
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 132%

Oh Miss BW, yes, I'm sorry to report that there IS a connection.

You won't meet a bigger drunk than Mother, here.. but once I quit the sauce (which is still pure TORTURE), no matter how little or 2 bottles of wine a night big, the sleep was like that of no other.

Sniff. I miss my likka, still, and it's been weeks. Sob.

Congrats on the great sleep though! Isn't it WONDERFUL?!?!?!? Makes it almost all worth it.... until 5 oclock comes and the cocktail hour is upon me. 5 to 6 - biggest bitch in the world. 6 to seven when my alchie window has closed, nice as pie.

So are you skeered to cook up them chicken wings?

How cold is it in your house at night?

Mine only stays at 55 at night and if I would have left them wings on the counter, you bet your bippy I'd be cooking them today.

If they don't smell like anything, like eggs or icky in any way, eat them.

DIG THEM OUT OF THE TRASH RIGHT THIS INSTANT AND cook 'em up.

Send them to me if you're skeered. If I die, you'll know not to do it in the future.
  #204   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 11:01

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

I would totally eat those wings. Then again, in my house I can leave a bag of frozen wings on the counter at bedtime and they're still partly frozen when it's time to cook dinner the next day.

Whether they're safe depends on a couple of things. Are they from pastured birds? If the chickens lived outdoors, they're much less likely to have salmonella or coccidosis or whatnot. In a confinement operation, the rates can be over 50%.

But if the wings are well cooked, you really have nothing to worry about. Even botox is destroyed at 140 degrees.
  #205   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 11:36

Plan: HighFat/LC
Stats: 160/158/135 Female 5' 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
I would totally eat those wings.

I was thinking the same thing, but I tend to push the line when it comes to that kind of thing (so I am not the best one to give advice).
  #206   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 12:49

Plan: ZC/VLC
Stats: 243/220/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

whew! when I read that, I thought "what? I would eat those wings!". I am having a total love affair with wings right now. The thought of throwing any of those beauties away brings a tear to my eye. I am with the others, cook those puppies!

For those of you that are struggling, is ZC at least easier for you? I could never make it thru a day on LC. ZC seems so much easier. Don't get me wrong, I would still LOVE to go eat a bag of candy right now. I can just somehow get by without it now. On LC I would go crazy thinking about it until I caved.
  #207   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 13:08

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 315/197/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Bawdy> Every try melatonin? My husband has a horrible time sleeping at night. He's usually awake for 3-4 hours. Since taking melatonin, he's asleep before I am!

sln88>> zc is much easier! I don't have to do any counting. I don't have to eat when I'm not hungry to get the veg in. Occasionally I miss things like whipped cream. But I can't say I feel deprived. Heck, I've got a jar of peanut butter (my weakness) sitting in the cupboard that I haven't even thought about in over a month. Prior to zc we were going through a jar about twice a month. Oh, and one more thing; I'M NOT HUNGRY! I'm just now getting around to eating some breakfast. This morning I had 2 bacon chips that the farmer's market across the street makes (like chicharones, but meatier and fattier, not crispy. divine!), and some water. Now I'm having a bowl of ground beef and some water. Didn't think about food all morning. Fabulous.

Bought me some nice new size 16 work pants too. The 18's were falling off me every time I'd put change in my pocket. lol

Last edited by MMiller26 : Wed, Dec-09-09 at 13:20.
  #208   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 13:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/165/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by svince6
I was thinking the same thing, but I tend to push the line when it comes to that kind of thing (so I am not the best one to give advice).

Heh-heh, me too. I've never gotten sick from it, but if I did I'd probably change my ways.
  #209   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 13:45

Plan: Atkins Ind. + exercise
Stats: 209.0/200.6/155 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
I would totally eat those wings.

Fwiw, I'd eat the wings too. I often leave frozen food out overnight, or all day so it is thawed when I am ready to cook. I left yesterday's london broil on top of the stove from 7 am until 5 pm. It was still partially frozen when I started cooking.
Quote:
For those of you that are struggling, is ZC at least easier for you?

Yes, yes it is. I do not have the cravings I used to have at all. The kids had mac and cheese and mashed potatos this week and I didn't cave.
  #210   ^
Old Wed, Dec-09-09, 13:54

Plan: ZC/VLC
Stats: 243/220/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller26
Bawdy> Every try melatonin? My husband has a horrible time sleeping at night. He's usually awake for 3-4 hours. Since taking melatonin, he's asleep before I am!

sln88>> zc is much easier! I don't have to do any counting. I don't have to eat when I'm not hungry to get the veg in. Occasionally I miss things like whipped cream. But I can't say I feel deprived. Heck, I've got a jar of peanut butter (my weakness) sitting in the cupboard that I haven't even thought about in over a month. Prior to zc we were going through a jar about twice a month. Oh, and one more thing; I'M NOT HUNGRY! I'm just now getting around to eating some breakfast. This morning I had 2 bacon chips that the farmer's market across the street makes (like chicharones, but meatier and fattier, not crispy. divine!), and some water. Now I'm having a bowl of ground beef and some water. Didn't think about food all morning. Fabulous.

Bought me some nice new size 16 work pants too. The 18's were falling off me every time I'd put change in my pocket. lol

yay for 16s! I am still firmly in my 18s but I hope to join you soon
Closed Thread