Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2056   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 10:29

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Sorry, Nic.

I will post more later. I am struggling with pain from a bite on my arm that turned into staph/cellulitis. After 36 hours, finally went to Urgent Care. My arm was twice the size as normal and was continuing to spread past my elbow and down my forearm. Will explain more later. Seems to be getting better. Pain is less. On an antibiotic. If the swelling travels past the lines he drew on my arm in pen, I need to go right to ER.
Sponsored Links
  #2057   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 10:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco so happy to hear all is safe and sound. While there is outside stress, the family stress of having everyone ok, in good form and doing ok is all will truly get you thru it all!

Just tough for sure, and this I don't know, I never had lived in a area that nailed with 'crisis' in anyway and I lived in many states thru my years. I can't imagine.

Meeting with good friends and kids. omg I so know. stinks. but tough strong ties helps that a lot and at some point it has to gone 'between the kids' as it goes down. No one can ever truly 'fix those things' in a way but happy it was cool for all.
  #2058   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 13:31

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey all- staycation this weekend. Happy about it. I spent some good time in my kitchen prepping for a hard week coming up.

Nic- So glad you are ok and your property is ok. I am thinking that the big time clamp down on the "boy", might be duet whats going on with this other family and their kid. Maybe a falling out. I am totally guessing here. But at any rate you and the hubby got this under control and are teaching a life lesson here I am sure.

Stress you sure got your share of it right now! However one thing you don't have is regret over your food- go steady and just deal one day at a time.

People are resilient. And so is your family. Tough yes- but you got each other. I hate that your town has to rebuild again!!!! unbelievable.

Kmom- OMg- that sounds so painful with your arm. You seem to really had a rough year! I am hoping things are going to turn around for you!
-----------------------------
I did go out to get grub for the up coming week. I find that when I preplan I am good. It is when I am tired and just grab something that I get in trouble. this is measured and homemade. I like to cook anyway.

Raining on and of here. I am not real motivated to get outside and walk. I STILL have not written that post!!!!! Procrastatation at its finest. Just flat not in the mood. Ready for this quarter to be OVER. 2 weeks- 4 assignments. Then 3 weeks off. Man just brain dead right now.

Nic- again - glad you posted and safe.

Lori- safe travels my friend!

Trig- I know you are good- and just doing your thing! always. I would trade you life styles except you got the whole family thing going......... HAHAHAHAHAHAH- put in my time. I guess I just want the RV life too!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

WOE good here.
  #2059   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 14:40

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

The last day was a beautiful one. Bright blue skies and warm. Did a little shopping this afternoon and then 6 of us went to high tea at a beautiful restaurant. We walk everywhere, so the steps add up.

After tea, my friend wanted to hike up Arthur's Seat. It is an extinct volcano. We had to walk a mile just to get to the start of the trail to the top! Coming down was harder than going up! My knees were killing me and then we had the mile to walk back to the apartment. It was nearly 9PM when we got back. It stays light very late here 10 or later.

Heading for the airport at 8 tomorrow morning. Flight at 11:30 to Iceland, then on to Baltimore. I'll get there around 6PM. Staying overnight and will drive home Wednesday. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

I'll try to check in tomorrow night from Baltimore.

Bye!
  #2060   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 15:45

BF:

redoing last post

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, May-29-18 at 03:45.
  #2061   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 03:56

BF:

Lori, Cullen Skink HA HA OK now that is some name for food!
For some reason I thought you were staying longer.
I came down a mountain, straight down almost, I understand the toll it takes on your knees and ankles and toes. My toes jammed up into my sneakers! They hurt! LOL
This was a moving vacay for you!
SAFE TRAVELS home and I bet resting up is on your agenda now!

Hey all

quickie

have to head out to the store when I get kiddo on the bus and get a few things done today

rainy and nasty outside. poured last night like crazy

I am SO OVER wet weather but it is not leaving today. Just dragging on and on and on!

All good here, will be back to chat up later
  #2062   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 04:52

BF:

Wow Lori- What a TRIP- I'm tired reading it for you!!! Safe travels!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Would you do it again?

NIC- How are you sweetie? I'm thinking about you! If I know you, your hands are in somewhere volunteering. Keep us posted. Hope you are ok and your home was untouched. But still it's heart breaking to have the historical district flooded again!! It's unbelievable.

Blue- how was your weekend? Have you seen the CROWN? I totally blew off school to watch about 3/4 of the first season. OH my if you haven seen it you would like it. I was sucked in the very first episode. The dresses, and time period, the politics, it's very fascinating to me to think about the Queen as a young girl. I know she was one once- HAHAHAH. What a story- what back stabbing for the title. No wonder she is not giving it up so easy. It was hard fought for! I am paying for it now- I need to buckle down and get to work!
Did you have plans this weekend?

Trig- Did you grill? What a wet wash of a weekend! nothing of course like what hit NIC- but a washout.
How is the kiddo's toe? IS she STILL IN SCHOOL???? School is for the most part out here. A few here and there are still in- but not many.
Any plans for her summer?

Kmom- how is your arm?
--------------------------------------------------------
I am now stressing that I spent the entire weekend and all day yesterday and blew off school. I have a post DUE tomorrow and I need to get that done today!
I am a bit burned out right now. sighhhhhhhh- 3 more weeks of this quarter- then I get 3 weeks off! It is getting harder. I'm just not in it right now- as evidenced by my apathy towards it this weekend!

I like I said am interested in how the entire thing of a monarchy got started and is still stronger than ever. I had no idea the entire thing almost fell apart before Queen Elizebeth 2- she was almost looked over- and all the back stabbing for the throne. Fascinating. And WHO pays for all that pomp and circumstance? The tax payers? Plus they have a government? It interesting. I never gave it much thought I guess until I watched the Megan/ Harry wedding. After all doesn't every gal want to be a princess???? I also didn't know there were RULES to being a princess. I read that one must hold her chin perpendicular to the ground. If it's to high then you could be snotty, to low and no self esteem. OMG- I guess I would failure that one as it seems stupid on how one holds their face!!!

Enough of that. Now back to my reality- what a busy week. Remember that trip to Minnesota? 3 days of training on new software? Well that rolls out this week.
It's going to be SUPER busy. My goal is to just get though it.

Next weekend is my DD anniversary so I will go- for SURE and babysit so they can go to dinner or lunch- whatever they want. I love being with them. But it's a whirlwind - the energy of a toddler is just well nonstop! Hard to believe he will be 3 in Sept! wow!

Also- so some good news regarding Ava. She is on a new med- that is really helping with her reflux. She so far is doing well and the thoughts about another surgery is on the back burner to see how this works.
She is also tolerating baby food. So really- that g-tube might just come out sooner than later! She has had a turn around for the good!!
And the boy- is potty training! And that is going well!!! Oh the life of babies!
To top off everything my DD got roped into fostering a kitten. I hope she doesn't keep it. She has her hands full - but it's not my call! Sometimes with adult kids ya smile and nod, and are glad it's not me!

I need to snap up that WOE saddle. I haven't fallen off. But I sure could do better. I need the NO's in my life right now.

today is a new day! No seconds for me! It will certainly not be my last frekin meal!!!! HAHAHAH- Ok-
gotta head into my day. What a day it will be! Wet and rainy still and all!

NIC - thinking and wondering how you are
  #2063   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 06:18

BF:

Jaz ya sound tired
I know. Things overwhelm very fast, especially when we KNOW deep down this is NOT how we want to roll anymore. 25 yrs old lay'er on me big time, I can handle it all and party til 4AM and go to work the next day. NOW, nope, who knew way I get thru life, with as little crap on me as possible ALL your hard work has an good ending to it and once there you call the shots on how you want to set up your working life! More power to you!

Happy Ava is doing better and finding her way thru it all. Getting what works best for her and moves her forward is important!!

Kiddo just wants out. June8 is last day. She is testing this week and into next then a few days are slump days til the end, she might take them off, she will see.

Washout is right. We are pouring here! Just horrible.

I told hubby weather SO effects us all and at some point ya can't take it. How do people live in horrible weather situations all the time? I would be a basket case HA I need sun and super hot. I know what works for me. I need to find it and be done with it HA

I finally found a broth I like. I never could find a beef broth (even making my own) I enjoyed at all. I wanted this as a meal sub sometimes and I finally found one. It is not stellar of course but taste wise I like it, enjoy it and want it and it works. It curbs appetite in me to the ultimate! I am thrilled. I found Lipton's Beefy Onion Soup and Recipe mix. I dilute it more tho, 4 cups water and I put in 5. Makes it sippy tasty better for me. It says 5 carbs per cup but I don't care on ingredients, cause they are not great, cause it gives me 0 cravings and I find if I sip a cup before eating it just takes away my appetite. THIS IS what I have been looking for and found it and will incorporate it into my day. I can work my food around this. I tried forever to find something I like, actually like, and experimented with this the other day and whammo it is what I needed to fill a void in me and now this is gonna work into my eating. I can easily drop a meal I think with this stuff So probably down to one meal a day vs. my usual 2. I think that will help me cut kcals and give me a one up on finding a sweet spot again Helps with my need to hit losing weight mode again!

so not much here, have to get moving out the door.....will chat up all later when I get back later.
  #2064   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 07:11

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Trig- I like the Lipton broths but I use them usually for meats or dips. I can see that drinking it would be tasty. Have you tried canned like Beef Consommι? It has that salty factor, plus maybe add some dried onion and some onion powder. But good on you- hot broths do a lot to fill the stomach. You and I like our hot foods!

I hear ya on the kid being over school - mine is too and quite frankly so am I! He has this four day week, and then half days for exams next week and he is finished. We are almost there. He has lost it in Spanish and it looks like he will get a C, but he got Bs the first three quarters and it is his last Spanish. Still, I wish he could pull it out, but not in four days. The rest is all good, As and Bs.

Jaz- That is GREAT news about Ava, I am so happy to read that! Little one is full of surprises!! That reflux is bad news and is so painful. I hope that this helps her so much!! Glad Noah is doing well also. I know he will be eager to spend time with you!

I have heard good things about The Crown. I might have to give it a shot. I'm sort of backlogged with reading though so I will have to see how things go. Good luck on the paper- I know enough about you to know that you will pull that off just fine.

Lori- So very proud of you, our warrior friend. You did it. You conquered self doubt and fear and you did it!! You came in first place in my eyes!

KMOM- Yikes!! You poor thing! I know that is painful as heck and scary too. Keep a very close eye on it and REST REST REST. Was it a spider bite, do you think?

Blue- Love to you and your DH. Keep on keeping on with being back on track and getting your projects and such done. One foot in front of the other!

••••••••••

It's a new week and eyes are ahead and moving forward. DD's bridal shower is this weekend and that is a wonderful thing. She is to be celebrated!

I have MoW today, and then I need to run Emerson in for emissions testing soon. I might do it today, but maybe not. I want to listen to my audiobook and it is easier to do with the Pilot. Maybe tomorrow I will do that.

Rain and more rain this week, but nothing heavy that I know of and I don't think any thunderstorms either, which Sophie Dog will be happy about.

Pool is not usable yet because we are waiting on the two pumps to come in and be installed. Too gray to really use it anyway right now.

My Mom canceled on coming so I guess I won't meet her fiancι for a while. So instead of company coming on Thursday, I get a reprieve until Saturday when my Dad and SM come in. They are easy to have and it will be a great weekend. (right?!)

Pictures coming out of the downtown are atrocious. I love that place, it is part and parcel of our memories of my children's childhoods- the penny candy store, eating snack on the big rock overlooking the town, walking around eating ice cream, the "fairy store", preschool, etc etc etc. As much as it pains me to say it though, the shop owners should NOT rebuild until underground tunneling is put in the manage the waters that flood the town. They would be foolish to put their life savings into rebuilding again.

Anyway, things are okay here and I'm one-stepping, one foot in front of the other, okay. On day 34 today of closing my rings every single day, even when I'm whining the whole time.
  #2065   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 16:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

K-mom---Oh dear, you have had one thing after another! Do you have any idea of what bit you? Scary, because obviously it was like poison in your blood stream.

I like that your UC Doc made it SO CLEAR. Drew a line on your arm and said, past this, and you get to the ER, pronto. I sure hope it is much better today and tomorrow as the antibiotics begin to do their work.

Jaz---Yes, have watched both seasons of The Crown. When you finish season 1 keep right on going to season 2, which I think was even better than 1, and 1 was excellent.

To me, what was so great about Harry and Meaghan's wedding was how it marked a huge change in the monarchy's POV. The English monarchy has long been powerless as a governmental factor but has also long been one big PR firm for England, its history, culture and people. So while yes, the tax payers foot the bill, they are rewarded in many ways, tourism alone. But to keep that brand authentic to the British people, they've had to change. And they are.

Ebb and flow pal, it's always the case. We flow, then need to ebb to refuel. Like you, I don't like it when I procrastinate, but sometimes there's a reason for it. You wanted a holiday weekend just like everyone loves and often needs, and you took it. Nothing wrong with that.

So, you'll get it done, probably already have. Heh. Nothing like a little procrastination to light your fire at the last minute.

SO HAPPY to hear about little Ava. Man, she is a fighter. Hate she's had to fight before she could even talk, but hoping this will hold her in good stead for all the curve balls life tosses at us. Hoping "the good fight" is in her soul and fiber now.

Nic---So happy to see you here today, back at life and up and at 'em. You sure have had a tumultuous week. I could so identify with that "restless" feeling. I get it when I don't know quite what to do w/myself amidst the stress and/or chaos.

I agree w/you about your beloved town. They shouldn't re-build till they've built the most important thing, which is whatever will stop this from happenig again. Remember just 2 years ago they said this was a once in a thousand year happening. Not. Climate change is real, and more severe and frequent storms are part of that, and I'm simply not in denial about it.

But it is heart breaking to see the results. Your memories of your family life there made me think of similar in my life, and how I'd feel if those places were wiped out. Huge hugs.

Also, you made the wise decision to treat Monday like a NO day. Yep, sometimes holding on to that discipline is exactly what makes us feel strong in a vulnerable time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UGH, woke up so bummed the long weekend was over and it was back to work and worries. But I dug in, and before I knew it, I was absorbed with getting it done. This is the way it always is. "The motivation is in the process."

I have told my son this since forever, and he used to look at me like I was speaking Greek. But now, when I'm feeling sluggish and whiney, he quotes me right back to me. This is what you get, when they finally get it.

We had such a nice day yesterday at our pool party. It was 100 degrees when we got there, sun a beast in the sky, but dropped sharply when a storm blew in. We all ran inside for a bit, then back outside after it passed, which didn't take long.

These are the folks w/the salt water pool. So amazing, so soft on the skin, no chlorine smell or issues. Last night when we got home, my skin still felt marvelous. Soft, life a low caliber salt rub.

Took it as a treat night, and enjoyed the heck out of it. Back on plan today. So far, blackberries and cream (note on this in a bit), two hot dogs for lunch, and brats on a LC bread sandy for dinner. Yeah, too much processed meat today, but I had a heck of a busy day, no time to plan and prepare for the woe.

Hey gals, does anyone else ever feel LOW blood sugar bother them? I know as low carb folks, our focus is always on lowering our blood sugar. But since I was young there have always been those mornings when I needed a shot of sugar, which used to be a glass of orange juice that my mom provided for breakfast.

These days I take care of it in the most healthy way I can. The berries. Can't tell you how much better I feel after a quarter cup of berries w/a little cream. It's just amazing how fast I feel better, with only 5 carbs to pay for it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, May-29-18 at 19:25.
  #2066   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 18:17

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

I am back in the USA! Got in around 6PM. All flights on time and smooth. I'm staying at a hotel in Baltimore tonight... So glad as I'm WAY tired. Checked into the hotel and then walked 2 doors up for a quick beer and some dinner. Back to room for a shower and now am collapsed on the bed. Zzzzzzzzz

Glad you were able to see the picture I emailed. Thanks for your kind comments.

Jaz... You asked if I'd do it again... Yes, I would! Not necessarily the 10k again, but loved being with my friends. I will do another 10k, but the hills on this one were crazy!

I should be home after a 3 hour drive tomorrow...hopefully around noon.

Talk soon!
  #2067   ^
Old Wed, May-30-18, 04:18

BF:

Nicco I remember you mentioning how tough that Spanish was so a C is a good thing. 4 day week and 1/2 days, ugh, it is like, just get it over with instead of dragging it out! I so hear you on being over school, me too!!

I wondered about your flooding situations and what they should be doing to help fix this situation, underground tunneling system for the water? An absolute massive construction job I would believe but it should be started instead of delayed. So sorry about your little town.

Still closing the rings!! Very cool!!

Blue, what a fab day. 100 deg! The salt system sounds nice, we came close to changing over the pool but costs slowed me down on doing so and figured with our limited time here, eh, not bothering, but everyone I know says the salt pool system is a sweet one

Low blood sugar. Nope. Not here. Not that I know of I just eat protein if I feel 'that feeling' and am fine instantly. I never eat sugar to make me get a zing kinda, just eat meat and it fixes me. I know my body isn't going into a 'very low blood sugar' situation. I have no high or low crashes kinda thing going on, eating protein means stable steady blood sugars. I never get 'that feeling' of have to eat immediately to make me feel better...very rare. But I do get where you are coming from and I would think berries and cream would do the trick as a quickie meal to make ya feel good

LORI....HI....HAPPY YOU ARE BACK IN THE STATES!
Now ya have to get back home still
I bet you are super exhausted. Hope the weather is dry for you to drive without any crazy storms.

HI ALL
nothing much today
just looking at the cloudy skies, more rain coming

Pasture flooded yesterday. Lake in front of the gray barn. omg so much water so darn fast. Huge downpours. Monsters.
So over this!!!!

will chat up later with ya'll after I get a few things done
  #2068   ^
Old Wed, May-30-18, 04:49

BF:

Lori- Glad you are back in the good ol USA!!! Glad you had a great time. I too thought you would be there longer. It may take you a day or 2 to recover!
Some people are runner for life and join every running group they can find. I call those people twitchy muscle people. They just HAVE TO MOVE. My DS is a twitchy type. Just depends how you are wired!
Tell us the best part of the trip (besides the race)- when you get a minute. What were the stores like? People like? Is it as rural as it looks.Is it a small town? What do the homes look like? It's so fascinating.

TRIG- Thanks for REMINDING me I'm not 20, 30 or even 50 anymore! Ya I totally remember those days of staying up all night, getting an hour sleep and going to work the next day. Man- to have the wisdom of age and the body of youth!
Who was it that said "Youth is wasted on the Young"? The first time I heard that I was 20 something and didn't get it. Trust me I GOT IT!

Yea- the kiddo is down to days now. She can hold out a few more!
So you found a beef broth you like? Science has proven that people that enjoy soup before a meal- broth soup, eat less.
So happy you found one. However just check it for MSG- some of those packets have that. Steer clear of those. MGS is a brain toxin!!! - I hope the one you picked is a good one that does not have MSG!
It's great to have a little something in your back pocket!!

Blue- yup, post done! Nothing like a DEADLINE. I am refusing to let my A go over being lazy! I just needed that mental break.
Where are you in work life? Are you done with your projects?
Share if you can- love the juicy details! You are so talented.

Leeann- I feel very glad that you and yours are ok. Sad yes that once again your little town was once again flooded. Water does such damage.
I however am glad to see you moving forward to celabrate your DD! You are right- she deserves to have her day and a few more!

Glad you are also doing your MOW. Were any of those folks affected by the waters? I agree that city planners should relook that area of town for flooding potential.
----------------------------------------------------
Yup- paper done. yesterday was a really ROUGH day. I sorta got into it with the boss. I had to literally turn and leave her office before I lost it. I am not even going to rehash it. Not worth my energy. She and her bi-polar self is not going to steal my super powers! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Today is SOFTWARE launch! -
ON TRACK FOR WOE- Yesterday was a GREAT eating day!

Watched 2 more episodes of the Crown. Fell asleep at midnight- alarm at 5. NICE!!! -
Gotta run- back later to really chat!
  #2069   ^
Old Wed, May-30-18, 07:59

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- I love hearing about your son and how well he is doing in his life. Gives me hope when things get rocky, that the things I am doing and saying will bear fruit!

I don't have much of a problem with low blood sugar now, unless I just carb overload, and even with that, it happens much more rarely now. I used to have awful blood sugar swings though. I do notice that I will sweat at night when I have been eating carby stuff though- I think it is a hormone reaction. I'm glad the berries can alleviate that for you!

We have a saltwater system in our pool- we put it in a while ago.

Lori- Welcome home! That trip was so fast that it feels like a dream! Does it feel that way too? You have got to be so completely exhausted! I am so glad you got to go though. Was it beautiful there? What did you enjoy the most?

Trig- You got that right! DS16 being finished with Spanish will be the highlight of the academic year. Freaking NIGHTMARE.

Does it seem like we have gotten crazy amounts of rain in late spring this year? Once again when I look at the weather calendar, I see days and days of rain. Ugh!!

Jaz- Ugh, your boss makes your job so much more difficult. It seems like she is the only real impediment to you. So what does your commute each day look like from your current home, from start to finish? Hope the software launch goes well.

KMom- I hope you are healing with no major problems.

••••••••••••

I am surprised and thrilled to report that I was able to get the non-refundable hotel room reservations canceled. Just saved myself being on the line for a 600 dollar room that no one would be using since my Mom canceled. Thank goodness for that! I was shocked. Really expected a too bad/so sad response.

Going to get out for a quick walk before the rain comes. Then a shower and off to the mall. I need to accessorize my top for the shower this weekend. I can't believe I used the word accessorize. Who am I??

Hugs to all.
  #2070   ^
Old Wed, May-30-18, 09:11

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi to all!

Arm is better. I would say Antibiotics 5 - Cellulitis !. The Cellulitis is still putting up quite the fight. Arm still itchy and red, but swelling has gone down.

Fell again yesterday. Grrrr. Caught the toe of my sandal on a ridge in the pavement. Bloodied up a little, but nothing bad. Did not hit head which I am so glad about. I need to be checked out about why I am falling or starting to fall so much. I have some thoughts.

SD and I leave for DC next week to see older daughter and her family. My granddaughter is graduating from HS.

Lori:
Fun to hear about your trip and will be looking for more details when you are rested up. I loved hearing you would go there again...but maybe do a different race with less hills! I did not get the picture you sent. I don't think I am being included on emails. Somehow I want to get on the list again. I was on for a while, but then I think someone used an old thread without me and everyone just kept going on that one.

Blue:
Wow! What weather we are having. So hot for a couple of days and now lots of rain. I love the rain. I am watering both morning and night as I took out all my perennials in the front of my house. Planted grass. Will have a stone patio put in, but don't know when. So for now it is just the grass. ~ I watched part of The Crown. I want to start it up again. So interesting. ~ Your pool party sounds delightful...and especially on our 100 degree day! Did you swim? Interesting about it being a salt water pool and how much you loved it. The pool on our cruise is a salt water pool and I thought that was bad. Like they had to have it be that because of using the ocean water. I felt it would be extra hard on our eyes. But sounds like it is not as bad as chlorine and that you liked it! ~ Loved that the quote comes back to you from your son! He remembers it! And is probably trying to live it! I bet there is a ton more he remembers and now lives by. Such good parents you two! ~ Berries! Yes! I want to do that. I am SSS in the morning! Super Sluggish Sally! Not sure where the Sally came from other than it rhymed! What berries do you use? I think raspberries and strawberries are the lowest carb ones. I am going to try it and see if it helps my sluggishness. The antibiotic I am on has a side effect of feeling lethargic. Great! (rolling my eyes!)
Closed Thread