Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 15:43
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 135/120/120 Female 64.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there

Could anyone tell me where I could purchase this in Ontario??? I have been to all the health food stores in my area and no one has the oregano/flaxseed combo.

Any suggestions????
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 15:49

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

superfly-- but if we've been low-carbing for a while, shouldn't we not have that much yeast in our bodies? What are some of the foods with yeast in them?

Also, since you've had positive result, what dosage of oregano oil are you taking?

~you can purchase it on-line, there's a link earlier in the thread
  #168   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 15:52
I'm Losin' It

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedswife
.<<do you or does anyone think that our bodies are treating the oil of oregano as fat - which not only helps satisfy us but ups our fat intake to increase the loss??!!!>>

<<is this something we could add to our fitday journal to increase our fat intake??>>

It doesn't seem like the 2 drops of oil I'm taking could make a difference in my fat count
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 16:16
Amazonian Princess

Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some

Liz09,

I found these on the web for Ontario orders:

http://www.woodlandnaturalremedies....te/oregano.html $18 canadian + $7.50 shipping

iherb.com has many different pills/oils, but it's $20 shipping to canada

i haven't been out to look yet, but I'm going to try at Bulk Barn & Shoppers Drug Mart as well as the health food store near my house.

Where in Ontario are you?

Hope this helps!

...Kath
  #170   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 17:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:

okay here is a weird one, this has really just hit me, i work out almost every night, and you know when you workout you sweat and stink, since taking this oregano i dont have a body odor. is that weird or what. i think if you cant find the gel caps the powder oregano wild oil would be fine you probably need the 150 mg instead of just 50
  #171   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 17:17

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio381
Birddog - how many of the 150mg Solar Ray capsules are you taking per day? I started out taking one, but noticed on the bottle that I could take up to 3 daily. I took 2 this morning and haven't noticed feeling any different from taking just 1 yesterday.

I have only been taking one. I was concerned because in the earlier post, others are taking 50 grams. So, I thought because I am taking 150 it might be too strong and is causing me to be hungry. I don't know. I am just guessing. Thanks though.
  #172   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 17:49

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Ok, I'm convinced. I'm heading to GNC tonight to pick this stuff up. Worse case maybe it can help me with the "adult acne" I've developed since starting lc. I'm not gonna take it til the weekend, just in case I have any side effects
  #173   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 18:20

Stats: 198/194/150 Female 70 inches
BF:?/34%/25%
Progress: 8%
Question

so how long do the gas side effects last and what dose is everyone taking?
thanks
  #174   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 19:02
Registered Member

Stats: 222/193/120 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 28%

hi all! i have been following what 2Brickie is doing. here is a link to buy it cheap online: they also have a pic of what it looks like.

http://www.vitacost.com/store/produ...rchText=oregano

also, if you go to naturesway.com and click on SHOP you can find a store locater on that page. that is how i found out which health store has it by my house.

this is the brand that 2Brickie recommended: nature's way OREGANO OIL. it has 50mg of oregano oil and 25 mg of flaxseed oil. you have to check the back to see if it has that. it doesn't say anything but oregano oil on the front. for me, it was in a different section than the rest of the nature's way stuff. it was in herbal remedies at my local store.

i feel great today! no gas, no headaches. i just feel good and i lost 1 pound!
  #175   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 19:10
Registered Member

Stats: 222/193/120 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 28%

as for the dosage, i take 1 gelcap with my breakfast. that is it! i hope i lose tomorrow too, although i don't want to be too greedy please write in with your successes! i can't wait to read what it does to others!
  #176   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 19:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/carb cycling
Stats: 216.5/211/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

I am taking one 50 mg tablet in the morning. I started yesterday. Bad gas all day. Today, a few burps in the morning and that was it! I gained a lb from yesterday, but that was likely because I felt obligated to celebrate Mardi Gras with too many LC bars.

Today, I feel almost no hunger at all (very strange for me). Since I'm Catholic, I "fasted" for Ash Wednesday (2 small meals, one large, no snacks), and did it with no hunger pangs at all. I don't even feel the urge to eat any LC bars (thank God since I gave up sugar alcohols for Lent). This is a huge breakthrough for me and I wouldn't be surprised if I see the scale move in the right direction soon.
  #177   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 19:41

BF:

petcrazed sorry i cant help with the gas thing, i havent had any, no burping or the other ending hahaha. i take 1 capsule 50 mg oregano, 25 mg flax, i take 3000 mg flax oil gel caps, i multivitamin, 5 psyllium husk capsule in the morning with breakfast otherwise i dont sleep at night. i cant take it much after 10 am or im wide awake forever.
  #178   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 20:19

BF:

looks as if we have been moved maybe our thread got way to big. anyways please keep up the posts on how this has helped others
  #179   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 08:15

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks

I'm taking (2) 150 mg capsules each morning. I haven't had any bad side effects....no gas or burping. My appetite seems to have diminished slightly and my energy level is up. Down 2 pounds since Saturday morning. I do seem to have a very low-grade headache, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the oregano. Might just be stress.
  #180   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 08:27

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks

BTW...I hate that this has been moved, even though it's in the right place now. I hope we don't lose any of our guinea pigs! lol