Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 09:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink 30 days in...

Hello Ladies,

I am doing good today. Still ultra stressed over a project I am doing, but it will be over by next week. The thing that I am proud of is that I remained true to Atkins (w/1 semi-cheat - handfull of dark chocolate 6g) a week ago.

I go walking religiously every morning, and on the very rare morning that I don't, I do my workout tapes/dvds. I will be glad this project is done so I will have time to get back in the gym. I am 30 days into this WOL and I believe!!! Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in. I am curious to see what my body will tell me. Well keep ya posted....

Hey Soonslim - or should I say small face?!! Thanks for sharing a moment of recognition. I got one the other day from my walking buddy. She's my girl, and she's far from overweight, but she walks w/me every mornining. Anyway, the other day, she just stopped our conversation mid-flow to tell me how proud she was of the commitment that I had clearly made to eating and exercise. She went on to say, she really believed I was going to be successful and she was impressed. That meant alot. That's at least enough motivation to keep me running for another week....

Peace y'all.

Last edited by Nasira : Thu, Jul-29-04 at 09:50. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 12:21

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 330/235/219 Female 5'3
BF:ugh!
Progress: 86%
Default hey ladies

Hey ladies.. jus wanted to jump on in and say heyyy how is everyones week going? welll i am up in here in boston we have had the democrats runnin round the city since monday shuttin down our highways pullin over trucks.. and the best part... lettin me off work early ... anywho.. in the midst of all this... learnin more about this low carbing as i do it each day.. its not as easy as i thought it would be.. though i would not go back for anything... gettin my work outs in.. so far its only been twice a week but im gettin it up to 3.... gonna do a weigh in tomorrow...
  #153   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 13:19

BF:

That's what's up Anyca. Yeah this woe can be challenging at times. Get those workouts in and don't forget ur water
  #154   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 13:54
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjelBaby

What are you talking about I wear a size 38F (very hard to find they only have it at Fredricks) and I am growing plus I am going to have a shelf for these suckers to lean on in a couple of months!! I could cater a buffet!!

Hey you mean a F and a DDD aren't the same thing? That's what the lady at JC Penny told me. LOL that's where I get my bras becasue there is no way I am spending 30 bucks on a bra's that hopefuly I wont be able to fit in two months.

Gabrielle
  #155   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 20:20
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 255/249/160 Female 5 7
BF:
Progress:
Default Help!

On day 4 of induction I fell off the wagon I dont think that it was because I couldn't do it but I was eating foods off of the acceptable foods list, dranking 120 ounces of water, I felt as though I was doing everything right but for some reason I stayed very weak during day 3 and day 4 have any of you experienced this, and if so how did you handle it?
  #156   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 20:47

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hello everyone
It's really been a while. I've been really busy preparing for back-to-school. Things are really hectic now. I figure I'll have to lay low for a bit. My eating isn't as low carb as I'd like it to be, but things are getting back in some control. Exercise is back on target. I fell off when I went to N'awlins. But I'm back and am determined to be who I desire to be on the outside.
I hope everyone is doing well. And welcome to the newbies out there. Welcome home!

Nadz
  #157   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 07:35

Plan: My Own
Stats: 190/190/165 Female 62
BF:TOO MUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielleG
Hey you mean a F and a DDD aren't the same thing? That's what the lady at JC Penny told me. LOL that's where I get my bras becasue there is no way I am spending 30 bucks on a bra's that hopefuly I wont be able to fit in two months.

Yeah they say that a DDD is the same as an F but they don't seem to fit the same to me for some reason. Usually I end up going down a couple of cup sized and going up a couple of ban sizes to find nice and cheap bras at Lane Bryant (Its the only thing I can fit in there). So I would by a 40 DD instead of a 38 F save me time and money when it comes to buying lingerie. The bummer is I can't fit the panty's because I'm just really top heavy so no sets
  #158   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 23:18

Stats: 260/175/150 Female 5ft5in.
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hey Everyone, Hey Nadz nice to see you back in for a couple of lines. I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to Black57 before she left, I'll be glad when she returns!

Soon2, yes I experienced that when I first started induction. A lot of people do on days 3-5. That's when your body is hitting that switch burning your body fat instead of those carbs! If you can hang through it for another few days, you will actually feel your energy level go up. Atleast that is what I remember. Your legs may even feel achy. Mine still do on days when I'm really low in carbs.

Soonslim, congrats. Hang in there. I hate when things come through this house that are just so delicious. My Aunt brought these super huge cinnamon rolls with all of this thick white icing on the top. I was thinking what is wrong with this picture. Is she trying to be saboteur or what? Because I felt sabotaged! I didn't eat them though.

See Angel, Even though I'm a 38DD, I'm really bottom heavy. Thick legs, hips and booty, Its proportioned actually, but I always feel like people who are top heavy are lucky, because these wide hips make me look even shorter and dumpier. I have Oprahs exact shape. Do you see how she looks on the bottom, thats how I look. Although she's in much better shape, and thinner. I heard her say on tv she wears a 12 and I wear a 14. I would love to have someone to help me dress this shape, because she has done it. Its so hard for me.
  #159   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 09:21

BF:
Smile 5 more gone...

What's really good ladies?

How is the weekend treating you? I am doing fine.

Soon2bnurs - I remember feeling hella-sluggish during my first 5 days on induction, but you have to persevere. I decided as nasty as I felt, I was gonna stick to it cuz there was no way I was gonna re-do the process again. I just hung in there headaches. lethargy & all.

Well, I am still walking every day - can't wait to get back in the gym next week...and I am down 5 pounds!! Again, I looked at the scale and thought I hadn't budged, then I looked again....

Stay focused e'rebody!!!!

#160   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 11:05

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

COngrats NAsira
  #161   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 11:44

Stats: 260/175/150 Female 5ft5in.
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hey everyone, You go Nasira dropping those lbs. left and right! What's up Holly, whats been up with you? Hope things are getting better for you.

Nasira, forgot to tell you, sorry you are stressin' but what I like to always tell myself is "By next week this time, it will all be over", Once it is over, make sure you treat yourself to a nice bubble bath or some LC treat!

Good day all!
  #162   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 16:34

BF:

Elizabeth - Guuuuurl! You have no idea how nice I am going to treat myself - can we say lots of alcohol and no carb mixers? Sike! Nah - but I am gonna celebrate sumthin serious cuz I am almost at my wits end. But I will not - repeat - I will not - fall off the proverbial wagon!!! Thank you for sharing that and ur right - next week...I'm chillin.

Hey Holly - thanks for the support. Haven't seen u for a sec - hope all is well.

Well.....back to work!
  #163   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 19:22

Plan: Atkin-ish
Stats: 248/248/180 Female 5'6"
BF:uhhhh..hmmmmm

HI Everyone....I am 33 and trying to get that "bangin" body back sooner rather than later. When I was a size 16 I really liked my shape..but that was a size 16 before I gained 40 pounds and a huge stomach!!! I am now in a size 16 again but it "don't look like it used to!!!!!!" I have so much stomach now it is ridiculous!!! Everything else has toned up nicely (I am pretty active on my job.) but my stomach is still just sitting there looking at me..a lil smaller but still hangin. Now, I can say I do not have three rolls any longer..I just have one big one..so I know I am making progress ...just not sure if I will have the body I used to have again. Maybe it is genetic...all the women in my family (both sides) have big bellies..hmmmmm At any rate hello to all the sisters!!!! Good to see this thread!!!!
  #164   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 20:34

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Wink how ya'll doin?

well im here. fell off the wagon today. well i really didnt have breakfast cause i knew after church today i was goin over my cousin's house to have lunch. i have family from the bahamas this week. so we had a dinner for them. well this morning i had a piece of apple coffee cake and a low carb fruit shake. then i saved up everything else for the big dinner. i had turkey, cornbread, greens, mixed veggies, veggie meat, macaroni and cheese, peas and rice, and plantains. and peach cobbler. so yes i did mess up. i knew i was goin to so i didnt eat much before and i havent had anything since lunch...well i just had the last piece of coffee cake. WHY!!!!!!!!!! oh well. i just weighed myself and im at 195.5. we'll see how it is tomorrow. my son is having his first birthday party tomorrow. so........Lord help me!!!!! anyway. i hope i dont do too bad. been gettin so many compliments. dont want to take it all away. so i'll holla......
jodi
ps i cant wait till they leave so i can get back on my routine!!!
  #165   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-04, 22:25
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 255/249/160 Female 5 7
BF:
Progress:

Hey ladies

I have did alot of research which I think will be very helpful to me adapting to this new wol. On Monday I will restart induction.

Last week for I did induction for 4 or 5 days and I was shocked to start seeing changes already (3 lb. loss) thats another reason why I know that I must continue doing this.

Hope everyones having a good weekend.

Until next time-
Later
Closed Thread