Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 11:44

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

Actually changed clothes to go to the gym and get in my cardio, and Bob was livid. He didn't want me to go, he felt I should stay home and get at least one days rest. So I did call Brian and he told me to listen to Bob. Now can you believe anyone would tell me to listen to Bob
Brian did give me a ''heads up'' for some Sovereign Silver this is called the ''first line of defense''. So I'm taking this stuff right now alone with some Echinacea & Elderberry, so I am feeling some better, and I do have some drainage going on. Of couse I did have some chicken broth with hot sauce in it, and trust me, I have never eaten anything so hot that did not make my nose run freely, but it never even made me sniffle. So alone with the adjustment the Chiro gave me, and the stuff Brian suggested, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will feel well enough to go in and do Cardio tomorrow, and really hoping I'll be 100 % for my weight lifting.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 21:33

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Watch out for Thursday Joan---KICK BUTT DAY!!!!!! Just keep remembering the inches lost--the new clothes!!! You and Mischa and inches lost keep me going----- Hugs!!
  #153   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 06:11

BF:

September 29, 2004..............Wednesday......................

I got up this morning and really didn't feel all that great, but decided that I'd go to the gym anyway. The good news is I did sleep well last night, in fact had to be awakend by the alarm clock, which never happens. As I said I did go to the gym did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike for a total of 40 minutes of cardio. My neck around the ear area is still bothering me, so I have made the decision to call and see if I can get into the doctor this morning. I can't continue to go on like this, and if I feel this way tomorrow then I'm not going to be able to give 100% with my weight lifting.
  #154   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 14:03

BF:

Hi Joan---

Sorry you still aren't feeling well. Hope you got into the doctors so you can get something to help you over this nasty stuff and get back on your program feeling great. Take good care of yourself sweetie. Hugs--
  #155   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 15:40

BF:

I did get in to see our doctor this morning, and of course the nurses and the doctor all had to comment on ''gosh, you must really be sick to want to come see us'', yeah, yeah.
Anyway the doctor has decided that I've got what everyone that lives in Kentucky gets this time of year...ALLERGIES.....my glands are not swollen, my ears from what the doc said look fine, but my throat is red, my head hurts, the side of my neck, and my right shoulder, so it seems all this crap floating around had settled in different places in my body. He (doctor) gave me 10 days worth of Allerga D, and a nose spray that I use once a day. So I did call Brian and tell him the situation, and also told him that if I couldn't give 100% with my weight lifting then I didn't want to do it. Brian did agree on this, cause he saw on Monday how I was struggling with the weights. So Brian told me that he thought I should just take the rest of the week off, that way I'll have a better chance of being 100% for Monday.

So that is the story, my bp was great 130/80, they couldn't take my temp, cause the nurse couldn't fine the thermometer, so the doc put his hand on my forehead, and says, ''you don't feel hot'' well hell that a matter of opinion
  #156   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 13:23

BF:

Joan was back in form today and kicking weight lifting butt.............................................................

Cable Chest Flyes...12.5 lbs. 15 reps....15 lbs.....12 reps........17.5 lbs......10 reps........................................

Standing leg curls...15 lbs...15 reps...17.5 lbs...12 reps..20 lbs...10 reps....10 lbs...10 reps...no weight 10 reps.................................................................... ........

bike 2 minutes, keeping RPM's above 75 the levels changing each time.......................

Laterial Pull only cause the Biangular lat row was broken...
60 lbs......15 reps...65 lbs...12 reps....70 lbs....10 reps...20 lbs.....20 reps..................................................

Leg Press....140 lbs...15 reps...180 lbs..12 reps...200lbs..10 reps....50 lbs.....20 reps........................

Elliptical machine 2 minutes intervials changing each time, and this time having to use my arms the entire time, thought I may just die, and before I was finished thought I had

Laterial Raise...15 lbs..15 reps...20 lbs..12 reps..25 lbs..10 reps....5 lbs...20 reps..........................................

Reverse lunges, this was done 3 times 15 reps each time, no weight holding today................................................

Hammer strength ABS...10 lbs. 10 reps. 3 times each.....

Ball bridge...15 reps.....3 times...trust me this was not easy either.................................................................. ..

Okay I really felt good about this workout today, and I was smokin....
  #157   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 18:30
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

wohooo you sure kicked a$$
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 19:13

BF:

Hey Joan--

Just seeing how todays workout went. Looks like you did a great job. Hope the ear and neck feel better too.Thanks for the Happy Sun in my journal. It made my day!! Thanks.

Tomorrow I start Pilates and follow the class with lifting. After all the walking today--hope I can get out of bed tomorrow.
  #159   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 06:17

BF:

October 05, 2004..........Tuesday ...................................

35 minutes on elliptical machine and 10 minutes on bike, for a total of 45 minutes of Cardo.
  #160   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 12:44

BF:

You are a live wire lady!! How can you get out of bed so early??? If I did that I would have to go to bed by 2 pm. LOL!!!

I am still amazed that you can do that elliptical machine so long. To do 5 minutes for me==I'm dyin!! have a good day!!Keep up the great job!
  #161   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 06:49

BF:

October 06, 2004................Wednesday...........................

30 minutes on elliptical keeping strides at 120 per minute. Notice how much better I'm getting on the strides per minute, when I began I was really puffing to keep it at 110.

15 minutes on the bike. I think I had a good cardio workout this morning. Tomorrow will be lifting weights.

Joan
  #162   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 18:06

BF:

Oh Lordy--I'm dyin--30 minutes on that machine right now would kill me. You are doing so great Joan. BTW--are you losing weight as well as inches or mainly inches?? I have gained but it may be muscle.

I keep thinking that you had weight lifting today but guess that is tomorrow. I have my second pilate class in the am followed by a session with angie and the weights. Looking forward to it believe it or not!!!!

They had a book sale at the hospital where Mystee works today and she brought me home a package with the ball--a booklet with basic pilates with the ball and a cd showing you how to do it. The ball costs about $12.00 at Walmart but this package was only $16.00 for it all. I thought it was a good deal.

Have a good night and rest well. Hugs
  #163   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 12:31

BF:

Oh Joanie--

Where are you?? Just stopping by to see how your session went today.

Hope you had a good day with Lucifer!!! Hugs
  #164   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 13:19

BF:

Hey Alice, I had a great day with Lucifer, but was too tired to get online and put it in my gym log, then had other things to do, so just now getting over here.....

October 07, 2004...................Thursday.........................

Cable Chest Flyes...10 lbs..10 reps...7.5 lbs....15 reps...5 lbs...20 reps.................................................................

I should add that Brian shook things up abit today, and Lordy were my legs shaking by the time I left the gym this morning. Darn good thing my van doesn't have a clutch..

Standing Leg Curls....20 lbs....10 reps...15 lbs...15 reps....10 lbs....20reps...................................................

Bike ...2 minutes, level changing each 20 seconds.........

Biangular Lat Row....64 lbs....10 reps...58 lbs...15 reps....50 lbs...20 reps..................................................

Leg Press....200lbs...10 reps....140 lbs...15 reps...90 lbs...20 reps.................................................................

EFX (Elliptical)..2 minutes, resistance changing every 30 seconds, and I was giving it all I had :help

Lateral Raise...30 lbs...10 reps...20 lbs..15 reps..10 lbs...20 reps................................................................

Wall Lunges...8lb..10 reps...5 lbs..15 reps..no weights 20 reps...these are the hardest thing for me to do. This exercise is the one I'm the worst at................................

Hyper Extension holding 10 lb. weight to my chest, lowering and then twisting at the waste, first one side then the next. Did this 3 times, 10 reps each time.

Hammer Strength ABS....10 lbs. 3 times 12 each.

Okay this was my workout for the day, and I am thinking of taking tomorrow off from the Cardio, but have not made a real decision on that. I feel I need some extra rest, but will decide how I feel by morning.
  #165   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 06:19

BF:

October 08, 2004...........Friday.......................

I did not go to the gym this morning for Cardio, when I woke up I was just so tired so I took today off. Just goes to show you that Lucifer tried to kill me yesterday, lol lol.