Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 00:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/191/162 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 50%

2007...its you
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 12:01

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeeM
2007...its you

Huh? Did I miss something? What's me?

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #138   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-08, 22:32
Registered Member

BF:

your in so cal...never mind...carry on!
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-08, 14:21

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

I've always taken the title of this post to mean when I reach my final goal weight, but I find as my weight drops even though I'm no where near my goal weight yet, I'm only 50 lbs down and I've got 62 lbs more to go, I find myself able to do new things that I thought I wouldn't be able to do until I reached my final goal weight.

That being said, I'm finding that isn't the case and as my weight goes down that I can enjoy new things now...today.

So I said all that to say one of things that I was looking forward to was to learn to sail and even though I'm no where near my goal weight - my body is in much better shape, I feel much stronger and lighter and am able to move about much easier than before even though I am still not where I want to be physically. So anyway, I can sail now and I have.

I signed up for sailing lessons a few weeks ago at the local yacht club and had my first experience or on the water class this past Sunday.

I was surprised how good I was able to performed so far as being able to move about the small boat freely as my instructor had just informed me that the person in the class before me was unable to do so because of his weight. Fortunately for him though his wife was with him and able to perform most of the task that required moving about. I felt for him because I know six months ago I wouldn't have been able to move about either.

So yeah, anyway, my experience was great. It was exciting, overwhelming, a lot to learn, a lot of work performing the different required task so yeah it's a great workout, a tad scary...naw...not really, but it was a lot of info to take in at once since my 3 hour class turned into about 4 hours. That was cool though and my instructor, Ray, was great.

I tried to absorb as much as I could, but then my brain just became fried and by the end of the class my brain just felt like mush and my body was exhausted.

Other than that it was really fun and now I somewhat know how to perform the task of "Coming About" on a port tack or starboard tack. This boat also had a jib sail so got some expierence with that too by taking the sail's working sheet off the leeward winch and placing the new working sheet on the opposite winch, trimming the sail. Yeah...like I really know what I'm talking about.

Oh yeah, the first lesson we used a 26' foot sailboat which will change each lesson I think or every other lesson. We will sail up to a 35' yacht so I will get experience using a tiller and wheel.

All in all...it was great and I'm looking forward to my next lesson this weekend and getting in better shape in the process.

I can't believe it. I'm sailing.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #140   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-08, 07:08

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
I've always taken the title of this post to mean when I reach my final goal weight, but I find as my weight drops even though I'm no where near my goal weight yet, I'm only 50 lbs down and I've got 62 lbs more to go, I find myself able to do new things that I thought I wouldn't be able to do until I reached my final goal weight.

That being said, I'm finding that isn't the case and as my weight goes down that I can enjoy new things now...today.

So I said all that to say one of things that I was looking forward to was to learn to sail and even though I'm no where near my goal weight - my body is in much better shape, I feel much stronger and lighter and am able to move about much easier than before even though I am still not where I want to be physically. So anyway, I can sail now and I have.

That is such a great point! We should enjoy all the things we can do NOW! Live in the moment---instead of always focusing on the past or the future--LIVE in the here and now!

I'm so glad you had such a great experience! I'm sure it must have felt really terrific to do something you've always wanted to do! You are such an inspiration! 1st white water rafting...now sailing...I can only imagine what's next!! ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-08, 21:02
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
Have you ever stopped to count the number of "I can't do that because of my weight/condition's that we accumulate in the course of a day, from the time we get dressed in the morning to the time we go to bed at night--there are a lot of them. I haven't really consciously thought about them in aggregate before. But they're all on my radar screen. And that's what I want most of all. To never have to say again, "I can't do that because . . . "

Exactly!!!!!!
  #142   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 00:00
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaliz67
Exactly!!!!!!
we are such bitchen broads! in all aspects! i am new here...but would just like to say we will get there AND STAY THERE! (its about freakin time) and of course thank you all for inspiring ME to get there and STAY THERE!
  #143   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 18:07

Plan: Momentum WW
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 317%

Things I look foward to doing in the next few days as I "get healthier" would be:

No longer getting out of breathe when I climb the stairs.

What I find amazing is that when I exercise, walk or just plain Move... I am not as out of breathe and my body adjusts to the movement... it is when I sit down for a day or two and not move as much that it feels like I am starting all over again when it comes to climbing stairs.

So I look forward to movement

Thank you everyone for sharing.
  #144   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 00:45
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Looking for something else in here, and ran across this:

[QUOTE=kathleen24]Okay, so I thought of my contribution to this thread as I was leaving the grocery store tonight.

You know how kids are pushing the cart, and step up on the back axle, and give one more push with their foot, and then ride the cart on a slope in a parking lot?

Verrry irresponsible behavior, I know, and not advisable for a slew of reasons.

I wanna do that one more time in my life.
/QUOTE]

Guess what I did earlier today, and a few days ago? I put my foot on the bottom rung, and did an experimental little glide as I was pushing the cart across the parking lot. I didn't remember posting this, but I have been visited by a powerful compulsion to ride the cart across the lot---now I am connecting the dots.

two short months and change since I posted that. I wonder what the next two months will bring.

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here and posting another wish: I want to be wearing my warm wooly pleated skirts this winter. So much fun to wear, and so warm. And not squeeeeeeeze into them and force the button. I'm not going to wear them until they fit like they're supposed to.

That's my next goal--and if you see someone push-riding a shopping cart wearing a pleated plaid wool skirt, wave and say hello! That would just be too much fun, wouldn't it?
  #145   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 00:50
Monday came.

<snip> double-posted
  #146   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 15:45

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24

That's my next goal--and if you see someone push-riding a shopping cart wearing a pleated plaid wool skirt, wave and say hello! That would just be too much fun, wouldn't it?

OMG: That is just fabulous. I love it.

Linda
  #147   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 18:58

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:

Looking forward to when I can:

Cut my toenails without running out of breath on each nail.
Get dressed standing up.
Walk to the corner without resting.
Lose my sciatica.
Make plans that include, or even involve, walking.
Do yard work or clean house longer than 20 minutes a day.
Get up from the floor.
Carry things without my heart racing.
Have my furthest front point be my boobs, not my belly.
Think again that I'm worthy of friends and boyfriends.
Squat.
Hold my head up.

Meg
  #148   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 19:07

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melesana
Looking forward to when I can:

Cut my toenails without running out of breath on each nail.
Get dressed standing up.
Walk to the corner without resting.
Lose my sciatica.
Make plans that include, or even involve, walking.
Do yard work or clean house longer than 20 minutes a day.
Get up from the floor.
Carry things without my heart racing.
Have my furthest front point be my boobs, not my belly.
Think again that I'm worthy of friends and boyfriends.
Squat.
Hold my head up.

Meg

This is a great list. It's so great that you're doing the Drinking Man's diet. I never see people doing that. Do you have a book or pamphlet? We have the Air Force diet book from '65.
  #149   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-08, 13:42
Monday came.

Hello, Meg, and welcome to our world.

I can so empathize with your list. That was me last summer. Think about getting a journal so you'll have your very own place here where we can drop in and offer encouragement, have tea, watch Green Card, etc. . . .

A new victory to share with you guys! My reference jeans that only went up to my hips last fall buttoned today. I could have forced the zipper, but I'm going to wait. If they were all I had to wear, though, I could have worn them--they're that close. And they are true 18's, no W. Pretty exciting!

Happy Thanksgiving, all you TDC USA'ers, and happy almost weekend to the rest of you!
  #150   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-08, 14:41

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:

JSchwab, I don't have a book or pambhlet right now for The Drnking Man's Diet, but I hear that Cameron reprinted and reissued the list and instructions I carried with me everywhere in the sixties. I'm hoping to find the reprint because I liked his way of dealing with life: If you eat too many carbs today, then just get right back to eating the correct amount tomorrow, nothing's ruined.

You did the Air Force Diet? Just about the same thing, wasn't it?

Kathleen, thanks for your welcome. I'm still reading newbie questions, this one just caught my eye. In a few more days, I'll settle in here with the over 100 to lose folks, and also with the over 50 year old folks. A journal would be fun eventually too.

Meg