Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2041   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 14:51

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG- I hd the BEST laugh over your crippled kiddo TRIG!!!!!- No movie????? Because her toe would............. Shrivel at a movie? Not pool because it HURTS? No friend because she can't WALK????? I would have SO much fun with that.Dam I would dam near stick her in traction and elevate that foot. Make her bed bound and stick her in bed for the weekend.Food and all.Not thing good to eat either after all digestions takes TIME away from a healing TOE!!!!!

No electronics either as DIRTY electricity could infect it! HAHAHAHAHAH- thanks for that laugh...... Dear god- I am so glad that is BEHIND me!!!!! Yours is coming! FREEDOM!!!!! It will.
then you will look back and miss her dearly!

Good for you to fight for the poor ground hogs- they gotta eat too! They might have babies too! Good on you. I didn't KILL the turtle- I just MOVED it to a NEW home- the woods across the street! I will however kill a snake! - just saying.

Blue- Love you are having a ball right now!!!!! Right in your element! working, playing, back in the saddle!!!!
What are you doing this weekend??????

Lori- THANK YOU for the post from Scotland!!!! I know you are having fun!!! How many hours different is it? curious?

Nic- company coming in NEXT weekend? I know that you and your mom have your issue. Boy howdy- I feel your pain. I can mine in doses. She lives a little close for comfort. But then again EVERY now and again she comes through. But other times like this week I told her if she continued to SCREAM at me I was hanging up on her. Which I did........ I feel ya. It's complicated for sure. How long is she staying?
Answer= wine! Whatever the issue is= wine.
Try to get some rest this weekend!

Kmom- lovely post you had. I get your SIL can't go on your trip. However what a blessing for a good job right? There is always next year! Speaking of next year- I surely hope you are coming to hang with us!!!!! Not everyone will be walking. We are all at different levels. The good news- it should be cooler and not crazy hot at that time!!!!
--------------------------------
Not much to share. weather here is hit and miss- then add that we are getting a tropical storm that will stall - expecting it sometime Monday- Wed.
Was going to go to Greenville today- but we postponed to next weekend when it is their anniversary. They want to go out. got it.
Better anyway as I got a ton of rest last night- then developed a royal MiGRAINE.

Whenever we have a major storm coming I seem to get headaches. I am weather sensitive. Oh well- I am just kicking back this weekend.
I did however get out a bit this morning. I did a trial run to the new office.It's not that much further for me. So I was pleasantly surprised. Plus it has a gym I can use at lunch time. I am actually now excited.
Just a different route- but it's a 30 minute commute. Nothing in the scope. no highways. However for the rest of the staff it is a huge deal. Most of the gals are already putting in a hour to hour and half NOW- add 30 more minutes and I know I am going to lose some.

I can't wait to get my bed- BLUE did you look at the light. The pic really sucked!

I am not hungry. I had a square of goat cheese and a pickle slice at "lunch". I am just not real hungry. I need to make or lose this tuna steak though. I will make it and eat later if I need to. No appetite today. So I am LISTENING to my body- no NEED to eat, just because a clock hits 5-6 and screams DINNER TIME. Nope- it's about what I need and the body wants. Good food of course.

But I will tell ya- I lost a bit, then now holding. but I am on a huge brat kick. Serious- it's the sodium that is "holding me here"- but I know it's not real weight. Especially as I am eating 1 real meal a day. No grazing or snacks.

here comes the rain! Looking for movie/ Netflicks/ Settle in -
till tomorrow-
WAY on plan!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2042   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 17:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori--- Yep, 3 cheers for you! I don't care how much you had to walk to get those hills behind you, you did it!!! And now it's done and you can enjoy the rest of your trip w/out worrying about it.

Forgot to mention to you how cool it is that your Chiro said she saw big changes in your body due to the running. So fab when someone who hasn't seen you in awhile, let alone someone who knows your body, notices a change.

Jaz---I looked at all your new stuff, except the sku for the bed either came up as "nothing under this number," or came up as 4 different beds so not sure which one you got, but I'm sure it's beautiful, and like I said, will add so much warmth and "look" to your bedroom.

I can tell from looking at a the lamp that it's sparkly and gorgeous. Love the simple shape of it and how that contrasts to the bling. Understand pix doesn't do it justice, but I have an imagination, and I can see how beautiful all these prisms of crystal will be, even when the lamp is off and again, love that it's such a contemporary shape.

Love the bench, so perfect for a window seat, and so get you on wanting to give Bella a place to look out!

So, your office IS moving! Didn't realize that was happening. Glad it won't inconvenience you too much.

Nic---I was surprised to hear you guys might consider down sizing after youngest son is off to college. Figured you'd want to stay for all those grand children coming up. But y'know, I say do what's good for you and your hubby. You guys have earned it. And yes, A RANCH, one floor, absolutely. Plus, many ranches seem to have more spacious rooms, less little rooms here and there.

Our bungalow is all on one level, and very spacious. We could have stayed here for a lot longer because of that. But w/every day trying to get out of this place and get rid of our accumulation of stuff, have to say, sure don't want to be doing this in 5 years.

Trigger---hahahahahahahaha! Girl, since the day I met you on the main board at LCF and you tickled my funny bone, you've never stopped doing so! Kiddo may be a minx, and a dramatic one at that, but she's got miles to go before she catches up with her wiley mom. Summer school, hahahahahahahahaha! Could you have come up with any more divine torture, even if it only lasted a short time?! Hats off to you. She'll remember this next time she has a note in her backpack.

And now the toe. Between that and the broom stick, kiddo has had a tough week. But y'know, as I've said, sometimes I think they're just plumb exhausted from the business of growing up, any excuse to chill will do.

K-mom---Hope you are having an excellent weekend w/SD and her boyfriend and that they don't wear you out too much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well gals, I managed to almost snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory today.

Started the day by weighing myself. Was greatly surprised and relieved to see I was at my same old same old weight, the two pounds up version, but that could change by tomorrow as it has done over the last year. Two pounds up, two pounds down, rinse and repeat.

I was very happy about this, considering how naughty I'd been till I got hold of myself. Might be the same old 15 pounds up from my low, but also same old 45 pounds down from where I started. Thought it was going to be much worse.

But then, I went out to find a swim suit. We are going to a big pool party on Memorial Day, and this morning I thought I better try on my old swim suit, just in case. When I say old, I mean at least 5 years old, that's how much I hate to shop for swim suits.

Well, yeah, it fit, but when I got a load of it from the back, the butt was so bagged out and thin it was hanging. So off to Target I went--- and it was as bad as I could have imagined.

OMG, must have tried on 15 suits, each worse than the last. Those dressing rooms, the lighting, every little dimple highlighted. Plus w/my height, many of them threatened to boomerang me right through the roof trying to get them up past my shoulders.

I was bummed. No matter if my weight has stayed stable, darn it, I still weigh too much and it's mostly all in in one place.

Still, in the end the VERY LAST suit I tried on, which I almost didn't as I felt like a sweaty, chubby whipped puppy whimpering NO MORE, please, NO MORE---well that was the one! Couldn't believe it. As good as it's going to get, and it's pretty cute, not that I look so fab in it, but I look good enough in it. This one should last me for another decade. Not going thru that again anytime soon.

Silver lining---what an impetus to have a good woe day. Had a very simple salad for lunch, Two open faced sandwiches for dinner, avocado mash w/chili lime spice. about 16 NCs. Left over crack slaw if I need it.

All in all, about 25 NCs for the day. Wanting to do as well tomorrow. Pool party on Monday, we'll see. But, chances are, swimsuit nightmare will stick w/me for awhile, in a good way I hope.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sat, May-26-18 at 18:29.
  #2043   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 18:40

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, CONGRATS! So cool you got it done and in great time and you handled the hills! And you did it ALL after a very long trip to get there. You are one tough exerciser Lori and the queen of the thread for sure on it!! Enjoy the rest of that trip and soak up the scenery!

Jaz I tell ya kiddo is whacko lately, who knows HAHA
She told me also she is stressed by EOGs coming. She thinks if she scores lower she will not be in her smart group as usual next year and she would lose her friends. I said not to worry on that one She is super lucky she is the type that just absorbs info, she never studies or anything and hits all As like nothing. Told her the dumbest thing her smart butt can do is worry HAHA She got what I was saying. She is more chill about it all now.

but I so hear ya on weather sensitive. I am the same. Any low pressure storm comes and I risk the big sinus headache for sure. And you got the migraine, hope you feel better fast and smart you are getting good rest and putting off your trip til later. This weather is just hanging on us, horrible holiday weekend. We got monster monster rain, lightening and boomers and then sun for a while and in came a giant storm again. Just not gonna be a good one at all.

Blue, omg the bathing suit try on! One of THE worst things us gals have to do in our lives Only time I ever enjoyed buying a suit was like age 17-25 then after that, nope it was downhill from there and at this age, omgosh don't get me going at all! So happy you did hit a good suit tho...there are those that we are comfortable in and can wear it and not feel horrible, lucky you found that one!

You are like me probably. Long torso! They are super hard to find in stores. I have to always order my long torso suits online. I have the exact same trouble as you. Being taller regular suits are rarely an option.

getting new storm coming. spooky clouds out there and creepy looking. here we go again
  #2044   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 23:44

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Me again! 6:30AM here....to answer your question Jaz 5 hour time difference from East Coast of USA.

Having a cup of coffee before walking a couple miles to get my friend to the start of her half marathon. Then back to the apartment for me. Maybe find a place for some breakfast.

Forgot to tell you all that there were 3109 people in the 10k and I finished 2890. So, 219 poor souls were behind me. Oh God those hills! It's done! Whew!

Blue... Nightmare trying on swimsuits... ACK!! Glad you found the one.

OK, my friend is ready to go. Talk later!
  #2045   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 10:43

BF:

LORI) - You DID IT!!!!!!!!!! I would not have made it AT ALL!!!!! Be ever so PROUD of yourself!!!!!- and it's over. Now for some R&R!!!!!
So fun- where are you going to celebrate!!!??????

TRIG- So I don't know about your weekend, but they keep changing the forecast by the minute! I wasn't go to Greenville because it was supposed to pour. Which was fine- because I needed the rest.

Did you get rain yesterday? It was on and off- just weird. So today has beeb sunny and HOT- and HUMID like a sauna. I bet you are making the best of a pool! Do you have a floaty? Are you using your grill more? I LOVE a grill! Do you have gas or charcoal?
love the SMELL of briskets. Meat loves a GRILL!

Blue- OMG- swimsuits. I feel ya- the pain. NOTHING snaps us back to reality than a frekin dressing room!!!!!!
But you found one! I found I love the coverups butter than the suit it self. I love the black lacy ones that hide a world of "sin"!!!! You must get a really sexy cover up and great flip flops and nobody looks at the swimsuit. Have some total fun! Can't wait to hear!

Nic- are you doing anything this weekend? Was this the weekend everyone coming in or next? I can't remember what you said! I know you are enjoying that pool!

Kmom- enjoy your weekend!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I am doing a bit of this and that. Just really enjoying being home with no agenda. I am watching movies, grilling out, taking walks. Mowed my yard and weed wacked it. It looks nice. Filled up all the bird feeders and just enjoying being home. All my windows are letting in light. Felt really good getting some excersize this morning. I have just 1 more load of laundry. I will glance at next weeks assignment. Just being happy and recharging!

There are many birds with babies hovering under my feeder! Fun to watch. Just loving some much needed puttering- whatever I just want to do. Not going to mom's. Did some light window shopping yesterday- didn't buy anything, oh wait I sure did. Bought a Chala purse cross over I have been wanting. I am SO tired of carrying a huge bag. I just wanted a small crossover leather bag. I got one. Very practical. Has a paw print on it- to frekin cute. Ok- just HANGING

Grilling for my one meal- whatever the mood strikes .
Later!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, May-27-18 at 11:38.
  #2046   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 15:12

BF:

Nic- You getting soaked in?????your area making NEWS......OMG- NIC- are you in that area. I seem to remember your little city getting hit 2 years ago and it destroyed the city. This looks to be the same way. It looks like a 3nd world flooding situation. It is rolling cars, and trash, and trees down city blocks!!!!! OMG-

Post- so we know you are safe. I forgot what suburb you are in. Elliott is getting a total flooding of downtown that is 2 stories- yes 2 stories high! Geeze I hope that is not you. I hope you kept your eye to the sky. Weather is so unpredictable.
Let us know you are safe and sound

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, May-27-18 at 16:32.
  #2047   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 16:39

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---What are you eating over there? Not sure what the local fare there would be. After all that running and walking, hope you treated yourself to something DELISH.

Trigger---I wish I could put our weather in an envelope and send it to you. Hot and sunny and humid, your fave---my blech. LOL. Also wish you could send a couple of rainy days our way. We could use it.

Nic---Don't feel guilty about not remembering stuff about my life, heck I can hardly remember it all. I loved history courses and took as many as they'd let me in college, then threw in enough education credits to qualify to be a teacher, because what else are you going to do w/a history degree?

Taught High school history for two years, right out of college. Loved the kids for the better part, loved the teaching. But the lifestyle of that job was very insular. You meet new kids every semester, but you're stuck with pretty much the same other teachers forever. You spend every day back in High school---which I didn't love first time around. So I did not renew my contract and moved up here, and found a new direction that has always been full of new people and new talent. Has its up and downs like anything, but I love that part of it.

IMO, interesting thing to point out to kids trying to decide their career future that very few touch on. Consider the LIFESTYLE of the job. For me, teaching high school was suffocating in that respect, even though I liked the actual doing of it.

What do you eat when you go to a Mexican restaurant? I lovz 'em, but it's a tough place to find LC in my experience. But then since it was an S day maybe you didn't need to do LC.

Jaz---Ouch on the Migraine. Until these sinus issues, I almost never had a headache, now having low grade ones frequently---and just those are very distracting, and subtract a lot from one's energy level. Do you have to stay in low lit room w/very little stimuli? I know some who have them who literally stay in darkened quiet rooms for the whole day. Hope yours aren't that bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After yesterday's arduous swimsuit safari, and w/a party tomorrow, I am having a chill day today. Did do some cleaning out this morning, trying to do an hour or so a day. Then gave myself a pedicure, and flopped on the sofa and binge watched "Bosch" most of the afternoon w/hubby. It is a really good police procedural series, sucks you in and won't let go.

Had some cheese and dill pickles wrapped in deli roast beef for lunch. Dang, sure wish I could do sweet pickles, or bread and butter pickles. I'm OK w/dills as long as they're got a hot bite, but love me some sweet pickles. But, no.

For dinner I'm making an old recipe of my mom's: hamburger, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and here's the money---Lipton's Onion Soup dry mix. You mash it all together in a bowl, and then instead of making a patty out of it, you spread it like paste over half a bun, and then broil to make open faced sandies. Add cheese at the last minute if you like.

Of course I won't be using a bun, but instead will use two heels from my TJ's relatively LC bread. The broiling gives it a different texture for a change, and the edges of the bread crisp up. It is very yummy.

Will come in at about 25 net carbs today. This is my sweet spot number for satisfaction in LC eating. Sometimes I end up doing lower, but only if it is because I was satisfied eating less. Because if I'm not satisfied, it's like waving a red flag at a bull---or in other parlance, orange Cheetos at a carb hound.

A huge part of getting back in the saddle for me---almost two weeks now---is taking the time to plan and make tasty LC stuff. 25 NCs a day is not going to lose me weight like it once did, but it's going to make sure I don't gain one more pound back, and I'll take that for now.

Place we are thinking of moving to has a work out room, and I think if I'm going to lose weight rather than maintain, I will have to exercise, like just 20 minutes on a treadmill 4 or 5 times a week. I believe this would make a difference. So, another silver lining to moving. Yeah, I walk the dog w/hubs, but we kind of lope along. I need to get on a program where I amp up the elbow grease a bit. More "new life" coming.

Hope you are all having a chillaxing Sunday. Isn't it great when Sunday isn't a "school night?!"

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, May-27-18 at 17:03.
  #2048   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 19:28

BF:

Quickie- computer losing power needs juice!!!!

BLUE- I love hearing that you are thinking longer term!!!! ya know- work out room in the NEW PLACE!!!!!!!
Have a great time at your swim party. Do you have a cover up????

Trig- Felt like like one of your days- a little if this and that- nothing to commit to. Just a on plan puttering wonderful day.
speaking of days- it's really coming I think. Sure as hell mess up my plans - thinking the rain was on my doorstep.

Speaking of RAIN- WAITING to hear from LEEANN!!!!!!! Bad news where she lives - serious flooding.

Oh- the headache yesterdays I think was from a gas leak. I thought I kept smelling gas yesterday. Smelled it in the morning- then it "went away" (not really)- ten took pooch for walk- smelled it again. Checked everything- it all looked off to me. Then headache- and just sorta miserable.
Finally took the pup out again about 9 before bed- and walked back in and smelled it REAL STRONG. -
Called the gas company emergency line and opened the windows. - long story short, yes it was gas. I was breathing all day.
Apparently the FURNACE had a loose connection and was leaking. It is a NEW furnace so it might not have been picked up during the inspection. anyway-
It's fixed- and headache gone.

Going to lose power-
was ok today on plan- not STELLAR- just TOO much- to much- and Alfredo sauce to boot- dairy= bloat for me. But dang did I lap it up. Not hitting the scales for few days.
Want to buy fixing for meatloaf, and a roasted chicken, and pork chop for this week. Will get better- smaller portions. did not practice the S today- had seconds!

Tomorrow new day- Ok all have a wonderful evening!
  #2049   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 22:06

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Will read tomorrow. I’m here. No power. Our town completely wiped away. Devastating.
  #2050   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 23:43

BF:

Oh Leeann I am so sorry. I had no idea what was going on with the weather. There are no words... Please stay safe.
  #2051   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 23:49

BF:
Progress:

OMG Nic, I had no idea till Jaz alerted me to the news reports and then I started to google it, but still hoped this disaster was not affecting you.

Oh, my dear pal, my heart is so with you, and the community you call home.

This is just terrible news and I am so concerned for you. Understand you'll tell us more when you can. Until then, just know we are here for you, sending every good vibe and hope we can. And prayers too.

Is there anything we can do for you and your community? When there is a fund established, as I'm sure there will be, I will be right there donating what I can.

I just hope that this garners the national news it should, and that relief funds beyond what we can offer individually are quick to come your way.

Tucking myself into bed, finally, with thoughts of you, dear friend. I am here for you, in any way I can be.
  #2052   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 01:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, wow there are no words truly. I saw some pics and was shocked at the flooding.
So happy you checked in to know you are ok at this time.
Just crazy what weather can do. Take care!! Report how you are doing when you can!
  #2053   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 02:39

BF:

My heart is heavy thinking about the devastating flooding in Nic's area.

Here in Scotland we've had foggy starts the past two mornings. Yesterday I had to be out in it, but today I stayed in. My friend and I are going to be doing bit of shopping later and then the 6 of us that are still in town are going for afternoon tea at 3.

Blue... You asked what I've been eating. I've had fish and chips twice, steak once...oh and last night I had traditional Cullen Skink, which is a creamy potato soup with smoked haddock. Delicious!

It looks like it is brightening out there so should be a nice day. Long day of air travel tomorrow.

Hugs to you all!
  #2054   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 07:15

BF:

Nic- yea know I just had a really bad feeling- was really antsy, you weren't checking in. I know why. I will wait until you are in a position to post. But at least you are I am ASSUMING safe. No power is aweful too. Most people this weekend either have family in or are celebrating. Thankfully I didn't see any fatalities. But still, here you are 2 years later after what was called the flooding of a "lifetime" - only to have it again. It is stunning actually.
Do you have any flooding directly in your home? Did you have family in? How about the DD? I know she isn't far. Well- sending positive thoughts your way and to your community. Keep us posted. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Lori- so what places have you been going too? So very cool, Fish and chips, Scottish style. Heavy beer batter and fries. I am assuming a beer to go with!!! That meal NEEDS a beer. Just saying.
Nice that you can have some rest time before your flight back. How long will your flight be? Do you have any layovers?
Well- you really did it!!!! Yes you did. I know you have to be proud. I hope you have taken a few pictures! Would love to see!

Blue- I agree- it's time for me to put some "muscle" in this game so to speak. I know that the new place I will be working has a gym. I will use it on my lunch hour.
I thought about getting a membership here somewhere but the closest place I looked at was dirty. Being in my car another hour out of my day defeats the entire purpose.

Yes- this weekend was wonderful - no school! But today, I will work on a post. My heart just isn't in it today. Just isn't.

Trig- Hope you are having a good time with the hubby and kiddo are staying dry and doing something fun inside.

Kmom- Hope you are doing well.
---------------------------------------------------------
I am very sad for Nic. Just really as was posted by Lori- no words.

Dark and gray - very dark. Thick tropical fast moving black clouds. At least I cut the grass yesterday. Today I am going to work on a post for school. And most likely not get out out of my pajamas. I am feeling very Morticia today. Just in that spirit. Just laying low- and put my brain on cruise control. Sometimes ya just gotta do that.

One last load of laundry- for fresh sheets for the week. I am wanting some LC sloppy Joe. I MIGHT go get the fixes for that. Otherwise I will just have the sausage ring I have. I bought some really good mustard for it. I like it fried really crispy. I more than likely will go that route. - not going out.

Ok- everyone be safe and enjoy today! Today is a day however though everything, that we tip our hats to those brave men and women that gave us our Freedom.
Living in the best country in the entire world I don't take for granted.

#2055   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 10:05

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Going to post in reading mode right now guys. Oh my, it has been A WEEK around here.

My town was hit with severe rains- we got over 8" in two hours where I live. The historic downtown was hit again with raging floodwaters that have essentially washed it away. To say it is complete devastation would not be an understatement.

Then this morning we held a family meeting with another family and their son, to address our children. So yeah, that was fun. NOT. Luckily we have many many years of strong love and friendship between families and that helps a lot.

Back to an N day today, even though it is a holiday. Given the stress, I welcome the boundaries. I am so restless today, stress levels so high, that having the structure of no snacking etc is a very good thing. Overall the weekend of S days went well, nothing wildly out of bounds or anything like that.

Going into another week of some degree of stress, with DD's shower approaching and company coming in. I feel very restless and unsettled and can't really concentrate on anything at the moment, which is not really a surprise under the circumstances. But we are well and safe and that is key.
Closed Thread