Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 08:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205.5/171.0/155 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Stressed out

Have an emotional disorder and am totally stressed out taking a short weekend away with husband downstate...new surroundings, not so nice talk, feel totally weakened and will eat any carb this weekend because it helps. Hope I can get back on track on Tuesday. It's so hard when you are MI and trying to follow a program and get hit with something like this...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 12:12
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Trappa
I'm a very emotional person and stress gets to me too. A few months ago I found www.meditainment.com Its got me through the last few weeks of school. They'so soothing I've gone from high stress to falling asleep during all of them, even the 7 minute one.

If you can get a walk in. Get away from all of them and breath some fresh air.

If you have to eat, pig out on LC stuff first.

Part of you is fortune telling- that it will be awful, that you'll eat uncontrollably, you might not get back on the diet. This is anxiety talking. Talk back to that nagging voice telling you can't stand this. People have stood far more. Practice being charming to people you don't like. Practice kind thoughts to you and them. Think about what you would tell a friend going on this trip. Have hope, have faith that you can handle this weekend. Give yourself credit that you're capable.

I had a friend who once told she'd never lost sleep worrying about something. Whenever I went to their house they always seemed happy and I thought they were lucky. Well they went thru very hard times. Their father-in-law had put their name on a house and they got a tax write off. Father-in-law fell on hard times sold the house and they got a huge tax bill. They had a new baby when husband broke his neck in 3 places and couldn't get out of bed for a year. They were still happy.

I started telling myself everything is going to be okay. Experts say most of what you worry about never happens. Over time I started believing myself. With my calmed mind I can think clearly.

I love flylady a house-cleaning website. Yesterdays post really touched me. I hope you'll read it. Its called One More Day of Hope.

http://www.flylady.net/d/br/2018/01...re-day-of-hope/
(FLY = finally loving yourself)

Last edited by nawchem : Sun, Jan-07-18 at 12:34.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 22:20

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
If you have to eat, pig out on LC stuff first.

That's what I do. When my anxiety gets the better of me, I hit meat first, then lc veggies. Keeps me out of the really bad stuff. My blood sugar still goes up, but it's not as bad as if I were eating carby junk.

PS - thanks for the fly lady site. I've read her stuff before & she's right - that shiny clean sink is a great help! I'm getting a brand new kitchen & I think I should read her stuff so I can keep that kitchen looking nice.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 06:49

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
I started telling myself everything is going to be okay. Experts say most of what you worry about never happens. Over time I started believing myself. With my calmed mind I can think clearly.

Really liked all of your post, but above was most pertinent to what I wanted to add. I have this on my desk, because worry is such an issue for me.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength" Corrie Ten Boom
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 06:50

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
PS - thanks for the fly lady site. I've read her stuff before & she's right - that shiny clean sink is a great help! I'm getting a brand new kitchen & I think I should read her stuff so I can keep that kitchen looking nice.

One of my favorite things from flylady, is that you can do anything for 15 minutes, and realizing I was one of those folks who spins her wheels if she can't do it all, to the point I can be stuck in place - and do nothing!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 12:15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
That's what I do. When my anxiety gets the better of me, I hit meat first, then lc veggies. Keeps me out of the really bad stuff. My blood sugar still goes up, but it's not as bad as if I were eating carby junk.

Your welcome! Well once a month she takes a week to deep cleans the kitchen. You can do it!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 12:17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Really liked all of your post, but above was most pertinent to what I wanted to add. I have this on my desk, because worry is such an issue for me.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength" Corrie Ten Boom

I love Corrie Ten Boom's story. That quote is so wonderfully true.