Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-07-18, 07:15

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Damn it, lost my whole post, t'was brilliant I say.

Ima recap the main points.

Episode 11 of ketohacking.

I wrote a blog post that predicts results of Jimmy's protein experiment, namely that BG will not rise.

He felt hypoglycemic, there's a simple explanation - too much insulin. But why is there too much insulin, and why is there still ketones? Liver insulin receptors shut down. Insulin can't get in, doesn't inhibit ketogenesis, yet acts on all other tissues cuz insulin circulates past the liver. Insulin doesn't get in the liver, liver doesn't degrade insulin, insulin stays too high.

He stayed hungry, in spite of too much insulin which should otherwise shut down hunger at the brain. Why? It's the dietary fat, not the ketones, not the insulin, just the dietary fat. Dietary fat activates the PPAR-x pathways in the liver. Therefore, dietary fat is a signaling molecule. This signal would then act on hunger and satiety hormones, ghrelin and leptin. That's where the hunger problem lies. It ain't the too much protein, it's the too little fat. This makes a lot of sense since eating too much fat is indeed quite difficult to do. The signaling from dietary fat comes straight from the gut, even as it is emulsified by bile, before it hits anything else.

I could try to re-write my brilliant post, but that'll do for now.

-edit- The thing about dietary fat signaling molecule, just came up with it in frustration about losing my brilliant post. Sorta brilliant in its own right if I say so myself.

Last edited by M Levac : Mon, May-07-18 at 07:25.