Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-16, 08:46

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%
Default Why does it take so long to bring glucose numbers down?

As I continue to monitor DH's bg, and he continues eating as he should, why does his number stay in the same vicinity for so long, albeit w/o spikes and while still much lower than before? He is eating the foods he is supposed to, even with no wifey there to remind him to forego the carby sides and not order his meat with carby sauces or crust. He snacks on the things we know will keep him from crashing while his body adjusts to burning fat. He also takes Metformin, morning and night. Still, while his baseline is coming down, it's doing it slowly. Heck, mine is coming down slowly as well and the highest number I saw was in the mid 120s.
Is his system still holding on to the excess sugar he had in his blood to begin with, and he now has to process out the extra along with what comes in to play with each current meal, even though it's as little as possible, now that he is eating lc? He is in the really low 200s - often his number is 203 fasting or pre-meal and it returns there in the 1-2 hour time frame. Considering that his highest number was 350 almost two weeks ago, I'm happy with the reduction but of course, I want it down where it should be and I'm trying not to be impatient.
What's a reasonable time frame for him to be down to where it should be, with lc and Metformin?
Sponsored Links