Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-09, 17:06
Registered Member

Plan: LowGI Carb
Stats: 239.4/233.8/191.8 Female 176.7
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile

Hi, Im new to this thread. I have been following a thread by pilotgirl (you might want to take a look as this thread as its been going a while & is updated everyday by multiple members! 'How has Zero Carbing been of benefit to you.....'

My 15 year old daughter suffers badly too with AN having dark patches to her neck, arm pits, inner elbows, stomach, under bra line, inner thighs etc. She is on metformin and has only been on it for approximately 8 weeks. 500mg morning & evening...

Her AN was extremely bad (Only as little ago as 29 October 2009) having been diagnosed as Severely Insulin Resistant this September.

For the first 2 weeks of October she was following a Very Low Carb way of eating ie: 15/20grams a day, she is now mainly following ZERO carbing and now her AN is rapidly diminishing.

She has energy like she never has had, she doesnt have chronic pancreatic pain having eaten carbs, she is awake now more than she was, as she spent her life asleep and has missed schooling since May 09 this year. (Shes due to go back to school this week

I can really sympathise with you and how you feel as my daughter has had suicidal thoughts and has felt so low I was at my witts end.

I truly hope you can find comfort with this. I have researched just about everywhere about AN and most people are still in the dark about what they should be eating. Even the dietician my daughter was originally sent to said she should be piling on the bread, pasta, rice etc. Ridiculous I know , but now that we have found a remedy to this condition we can look forward to a better future, albeit with stretch marks, at least we know they will fade. Who really cares anyhow. If a man is so narrow minded to this condition then to heck with him. I am pretty sure there are a thousand fish in the sea for you, who will love you as you are....

Bytheway my daughter went to see Professor Barrett (The Top Dog!) senior Endocinologist at the Birmingham Childrens Hospital in ENGLAND only yesterday . He has commended her for following this diet and has said it is the best way for her to go. She just needs to include multi-vitamins within her diet and needs nothing else as she has fully grown now... If you feel like mailing me then do so, on sharon.ryan~sky.com - Your more than welcome to.... : the ~ sign is supposed to be the at sign but for some reason it is not showing as one when I save this update.... ??!