Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-07, 22:56
Registered Member

Plan: my own version
Stats: 146/130/110 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default spiced flax muffins: induction friendly!!!

I originally found this recipe, 2 years ago, when I was doing the South Beach Diet. They were Phase 1 great for that diet, so I checked on the Atkins Induction site, and since we are allowed 2 tbs of flaxseed per day on Induction, I made sure that this was allowed. It was!!! (you have to make 8 or more though, this recipe made 9 medium for me) I was thrilled. I added some of my own variations to this, this time around (walnut oil instead of canola, its got a beautiful flavor, and instead of 2 tbs cinnamon, the 2nd tablespoon I added ginger and cloves instead, for more of a spicy feel)

3eggs,
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as Da Vinci
2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 cup flaxmeal (ground flaxseeds)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp. cinnamon 1/8 tsp salt (like i said you can add any spices here, ginger, cardamon, cloves...ect)

In a medium, bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla. In small bowl combine remaining ingredients(mix very WELL you dont want chunks of baking soda), then stir into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into well greased muffin cups (without paper) Bake at 350 F 12-15 minutes, Remove from tin at once to cooling rack. Store in fridge!

for the whole recipe its about net 24 carbs and 2035 calories. I had nine muffins. for 9 muffins its: about 250 calories, and 3 net carbs. Thats a bit overestimated. But to be safe, just say 3. Its all from the spices, anyway. Fiber is HIGH! I know that

Hope you all enjoy these delicious breakfast options. I enjoy homemade pumpkin butter on this, especially in October.

Sponsored Links