Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 07:57

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Feeling frustrated, angry, and dissapointed

When I first started LCing, I felt great. My energy was better, and even the pain was gone. I thought maybe I'd found something that "cured" me, that perhaps excess carbs or wheat consumption was responsible for my symptoms in the firts place, and by avoiding those I'd be "normal". I was even contemplating what kind of work I should do if I'm truly too healthy for SSI (which is currently in its 2nd appeal.)

Well, I'm in a major fibro thingie again. I can't even remember the name usually used for these bad episodes. Physically I'm probably no worse off than I was a few months ago, but mentally I'm a mess. I thought this would be *it* and I wouldn't have to go through all this again. And now it's summer and the kids are home and I can barely keep up with everything I'm supposed to be doing. Just taking DS for his swimming lessons every day is completely wiping me out.

Plus I've got other stressors- the ex not paying child support (my only income right now!) in full because he's also out of work, my parents treating me like I'm 12 years old instead of an adult, etc. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry and cry and cry. Or go take a nap for a few hours- which is equally impossible with an awake 5yo in the house.

Flare. That's the word I was thinking of. I'm in another major fibro-flare.
Sponsored Links