Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 14:49

Plan: 150ish carbs/day
Stats: 138/117/118 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 105%
Question CFS, hypoglycemia & LC'ing with food allergies. HELP!

all,

I've had CFIDS/FMS for what seem like forever, probably as a kid too but undiagnosed then. I'm visiting a Fibro & Fatigue Center in Cleveland, which between pharmaceutical and nutritional supplement prescriptions has been helpful, especially with IBS and the body wide pain from fibro. What seems to be giving me a harder time than ever is reactive hypoglycemia. I'm pretty sure I've had that all my life as well, it's just impossible to control these days for some reason. I recently acquired a glucometer and the numbers reflect my mental/physical state pretty strongly.

My question is, am I alone in the multiple food allergy/sensitivity realm? So many of the protein sources that help you to maintain a healthy LC diet are foods my insides get really grouchy about: eggs, milk, soy to name only a few. I need to eat 6 times a day and I'm struggling terribly. I've gone to two dieticians so far and both were useless. The last one said to me at the end of the visit, "Hmm, you really do have it tough. Sorry, I just don't know how to help you." I asked for my money back. She laughed and said no. Can't say I shared the humor

Right now I'm on the hunt for menu planning software that includes nutritional values and lets you work with it by keeping a database of your preferred foods. Haven't found much yet. I'm spending so many of my days sick because my sugar is too low and that seems to magnify all the fibro symptoms big time. Any , 's or suggestions on how to deal with this logistically and even emotionally would be so hugely appreciated!

P.S. I'm so glad to have found this forum. Don't know if it's the misery loves company thing or what but it helps to know that there's others out there struggling with some of the same problems you are!
Sponsored Links