Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 16:54

Plan: Atkins, Sommersizing, Zone
Stats: 158/158/118
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy scared of fruit

Hi everyone,

I have read so many books on LC WOE that I am a little confused, unsure, apprehensive, scared, terrified etc. To eat fruit alone with out balancing it with carbs and fat. I have read Atkins, Protein Power, 40/30/30, Carb Addicts, and now Suzanne Sommers. I guess I am sort of convinced that if I eat fruit my insulin level will sky rocket if I don't have balance.

By the way I have lost 25 lbs on the Zone (since then gained it and more back) and I have been dabbling in Atkins for the past few weeks and am just not doing it well and I am not loosing and I am so very frustrated. I read Suzanne's book about 6 months ago but I was not convinced that the fruit and eating carbs/veggies wouldn't make me get fatter. I haven't gone back to the Zone because I thought Atkins would be faster. I like the keto sticks to keep me motivated.

Can anyone help me maybe by telling me if you experienced this same fear (see above for more detail!!!) and why or how have you lost weight with this diet.

I love her recipes and actually enjoy her book so if it has worked for you (how long before you saw results?) please tell me

Thanks very much

Servant
Sponsored Links