Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 15:27
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins/General
Stats: 144//135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Question Last ? about CAD before I toss the book and move on

Hi all!

I am fairly new here and I have posted some ?'s about the CAD diet, specifically about the RM. I am just finishing up a modified Atkins Induction and still deciding between switching over to CAD or upping my carbs by 10 per day. I have been reading the CAD book (not CALP, whatever that is) and I feel pretty well-informed. I am at a point where I either want to try CAD or toss the book aside until a later time when I feel like re-visiting it.

Regarding my previous ? a few days ago, I understand about how I can't go all out and be a big piggie during my RM, so thank you to all that responded. I figure I will still be quite happy having, for example at a Mex. restauarant, a few chips, a yummy blended alc. drink and a few bites of rice/beans along with a high protein main dish and lots of veggies. I think this would still be a reward for me after these last 16 days of barely any carbs!

OK this is what is freaking me out about CAD...by the way, before I go on, I want to say that I am REALLY hoping I can make CAD work for me because it is my preferred choice as I am so intrigued by the reward meal. I am not dissing this WOE in any way...I just need to know the answer to this ? before I make the committment. OK...how many of you can still have 3-4 Splenda drinks during the day with your CM's (ie a coffee with cream and Splenda, one Diet Rite and 30 ounces of tea with Splenda), and still get results, even though the book says to avoid sweeteners all day until the RM? I know it sounds trivial but I really feel that I need those drinks to get me through the day. You have no idea how much I look forward to my Diet Rite after my morning of teaching!! For example, I sip my iced tea all day long (from 7:30am-12, then 3-8pm), which I always put Splenda and lemon in. Would that be OK on CAD?

I think I can easily do this diet and be VERY happy with the freedom at the RM I have as long as I do everything in moderation. Let me know your thoughts on the Splenda drinks!

Thanks,
Lisa
Sponsored Links