Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycling
Stats: 22/12/8 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default November 29-December 5 Weekly Cyclers Thread

Good morning! Thought I would go ahead and start our weekly thread.
Still at 195, so no loss into VT to look at but I feel it will happen soon. Hoping everyoneelse sees losses this morning.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Morning everyone! Thanks for starting the thread Pattilacy. I see VT coming your way this week!
I haven't weighed this morning nor do I think I will. I am doing well though, and have been doing cal/carb down since Thanksgiving. I will weigh at the end of the week.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 08:18
Registered Member

BF:

I understand not weighing till Friday, but I felt thinner this morning (silly I know). Am sure I will see VT soon.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 09:17

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattilacy
I felt thinner this morning (silly I know). Am sure I will see VT soon.

That's not silly at all! I certainly have days where I feel thinner.

Yesterday was a carb/cal up for me. 40 net carbs and 700 extra cals. Well the scale still said 136 lbs this morning so I didn't gain from it (which is why I decided to do only one day CU in the first place) and this week will show if it helped at all.

Good luck everyone!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 16:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Even an orange can make a difference?!

Hi Apk Very interesting. I am looking forward to see what happened with this CU, 'cause 40g is still low. A friend of mine does a WOE where she weighs her meals and just an orange can make a difference between losing or not!
Take care!
-Nan
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 18:28

Plan: Carb-cycling
Stats: 175/165/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:BMI = 31%
Progress: 18%

Hi ladies!
I hope everyone had a fantabulous Thanksgiving!
Today was day one of my CD cycle. I was CU most of last week. I went camping after Thursday, so I didn't watch my food at all.
Eventhough I hate Monday weigh-ins, I felt realy thin so.... 169! My highest yet!! But I did feel thin. really I did!
Just coming off of TOM, and the CU so I am not too worried. I will stay CD (anywhere from 20-35g) until Friday night. I will weigh in again on Fri. (my preferred day).
I hope everyone else sees some losses!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 08:52
Registered Member

BF:

Where did that whoosh fairy go?
Anyway still at 195
Unexpectadly went shopping yesterday with my dad and he wanted to eat at a buffett restaurant. Ate a huge lunch so that is probably why. Nothing bad really just more food(and a little fresh pineapple for dessert).
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 16:13

Plan: general
Stats: 230/179/150 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hi all,
I weighed in at 217 this morning. Anything below this will really be VT for me. I am hoping to get below this week. I hopw we are all BIG LOSERS this week.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 09:04
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I had that "thinner" feeling before I actually saw a loss on the scale. Hang in there! Its a good sign.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 10:32

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

WTG Nepeta and APK! Congrats on your losses.

I was really good through the holidays staying LC and exercising but have not been counting or recording food. I have been using too many LC convenience foods though and my weight has climbed back up to 173 (yikes!). I also felt really thin today and expected a nice surprise on the scale and was unpleasantly surprised with another gain - ugh. It is TOM for me and I have recently increased exercise - again -so I am hoping it is water weight. Measurements have not changed one bit from last week when I was 169 so I don't know what to think anymore. I will try and do a CD until Sat when I leave for 4 days out of town. I need to gather some motivation again. Keep it up all you cyclers.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 10:33
Registered Member

BF:

congrats Apk and nepta on your losses!
and so glad the shingles are gone and you're feeling better!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 11:55

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello, ladies! I hope you are all either recovered from Thanksgiving excesses or enjoying fond memories of just the right combination of low-carb delicacies (there's talk of a PMS pie making the rounds that has my tongue hanging out!).

Pattilacy, don't get discouraged--as long as you're on plan, you should see some movement. It may be slow--way too slow to suit! --but it will be steady if you don't give up. Even ten pounds a year is a terrific goal, as long as it it's every year! And I know what you mean about "feeling" thinnner--the scale doesn't always show me the result in poundage, but there are days when I just feel that I look thinner!

Nan, if you've been following your program, you should show some progress when you weigh in at the end of the week--and you have more discipline than I do about staying away from the scale! Good luck!

Apk, way to go! Sounds like cycling is really working--it may not show huge losses, but they're steady, and as long as they are allowing you to have carb up days without a gain--and then a loss...! Terrific!

Nepeta, I'm so glad your shingles are gone. Very painful, that. And as for being down 3 pounds...!! I am envious and very happy for you. This is working!! Of course, I think the cals (1100 to 1200) have something to do with it--just my opinion, but I do believe they count toward loss. Congratulations!

Nutsnseeds, those LC frankenfoods pack lots of hidden SAs and such. I don't think they can do much damage once in a while, but they can be addictive (I know!), and when eaten on a regular basis they can contribute to stalls and even a slight gain. If you go back to "clean" eating, the weight should fall off, since it hasn't been around all that long. But it is a trial, isn't is--always having to be on guard? Just remember that you have support here and sympathetic ears (not corn, though).

Nancy and I have chatted today already! (Hi there, friend.)

Well, as for me, I am just about completely well, only a slight cough left. Thank heavens! That was a very nasty bug. Unfortunately, the only good thing that came out of it has gone. The dehydration from a high fever over four or five days left me at 111.5, the lowest I'd seen in a long while. But it was dehydration, and at the cellular level, I'm sure. Because as soon as I began to recover--without changing anything in my eating, even over Thanksgiving--I crept back up and am at 114 as of this morning, just what I'd been before. So it was water weight, but not the kind that gives a whoosh. It was the kind that isn't healthy. I was sooo hoping, too!

I will be rethinking my eating regimen over the next few days. Sigh. That's such a pain! But I've now tried higher-fat/medium protein, low-carb (55%/40%/5%); and I've tried high-fat/lower-protein/low-carb (80%/15%/5%)--and neither has budged me at 1200 cals/day. When I cal or cal/carb up, I gain, and it takes one week or more to lose the extra one or two pounds. So I'm thinking perhaps of higher-fat/lower-protein/medium carbs of the low-glycemic index variety--broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, mushrooms, etc.--eaten with oil and fats, and about 60 grams protein/day. So about 65% fat/15% carbs/20% protein at 1200/cals--and see what happens.

I expect water weight gain at first, but who knows? I don't even know why I think it would do any good, except that I've tried so much else and nothing's worked. I don't want to lower my cals more than this on a consistent basis--I'll feel hungry and deprived. And I'm afraid to bite the bullet and carb up until I stop gaining weight--if I gain 5-6 pounds, they'll never come off!

I'm exercising again--stopped while I was sick--but I think I will focus a bit more on weight lifting and a bit less on cardio, at least for a while. We'll see.

And that's my story! Good luck, everyone. I will be lurking most of the time, and posting here and there, especially if I discover anything or have a cool report! Wish me luck!

XXX Sona
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 15:23

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%

sona - I'm glad you are feeling better! I know my losses aren't huge, but I am also getting close to goal and so I feel like I'v been losing fast considering that.

nepeta - I'v only lost 5 lbs total from cycling, but I only started the second week of November.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 16:18

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

wow apk, those are good results, especially given that you have not so much left to lose.

sona, glad you are feeling better. good luck on rethinking your regimen. i am hoping you will find something which does the trick. don't be too envious of me, i would love to be at your weight, as we are both the same height.

nutsnseeds, 2-4 lb loss each cycle is good. that's pretty much all i am able to lose as well. in fact maybe it is all the body is wanting to lose at a given time? who knows?
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 18:32

Plan: Carb-cycling
Stats: 175/165/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:BMI = 31%
Progress: 18%

APK and Nepeta: Woohoo on those losses!!! I bet you gals feel great.
Nepeta: try taking 500mg of lysine a day. I started 3 years ago for cold sores. I've only had a cold sore one time in that 3 years (b/c I was off the lysine). You may never see those nasty shingles again!

Sona - so glad to hear you are back in the game and exercising to boot! I think 114 is "your" weight... but maybe this new plan will get you on the weight loss train.

As for those ladies who are seeing 2-4 pound loses a cycle... I am soooo jealous! I have not lost anything since the initial VT of 165. And that was just 2 pounds. I am not weighing in until Friday AM. Today was day 2 of my CD cycle. I am seriously thinking about low to moderate carbs all the time with 1 or 2 refeed meals, instead of the cycling.
Someone once mentioned the Curves metabolic tune-up to me. Does anyone have a link to that info? I would greatly appreciate it.

Hope you all see more losses as the days go by!!!