Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 20:54

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up My New Gym Log!! Woo Woo!

WOO WOO! I've got a gym log, this rocks! Never had one of these before... Now let's actually get our butt moving and have somethign to put in here! Yep, that's right... you, that chick in the back, off your butt and get movin' !
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 20:57

BF:

whoops, forgot to add what I've done today LOL

DAY 1 - 60 minutes of cardio/weight change up... about 10 minutes rotating to each. Got orientated on the cybex machines today and did a few reps on all the machines but I wouldn't count that as any actual "exercise". Maybe tomorrow I'll try em' out on my own!!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 23:30

BF:

Went walking with kalosi today. Took it at a smoker's pace though. I wish we could have stepped it up some and really got our glutes workin' hard. We were out walking for an hour and a half, but would really only count the first half hour of that as actually exercising. Had to give my muscles a break today, ugh my pecs hurts like hell !!!! Didn't even know I worked them that hard yesterday
but obviously so! Ugh, working out shows just how outta shape I am. But that's slowly changing. I felt my biceps today and was actually stunned when I pressed down and it was nothing but muscle!!! Now if we can do that to the rest of my body we'd be in business!!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:40

BF:
Smile whew, made it to the gym!

Made it to the gym today. My pecs were still sore, but decided to work em' anyhow. Made it through my whole circuit of weights today and tacked on another 20 minutes of stairmaster. Soo, all in all it was a fairly good day. Got nice and sweaty and kept my pulse at 85-90% for 20 minutes. I ate more cream cheese today to up my fat/calorie intake. Hopefully that helps with this nasty stall. I hope so!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 21:30

BF:

Luckily the gym has daycare from 8-12 on saturdays. Whew! What a lifesaver. I'm just not feeling 100% and thought I should go bust my butt for awhile. I did feel better afterwards. Like that good tired feeling. Bone tired but energized? You all know what I'm talking about!!
Anyhow, I did 20 minutes on the stairclimber, took a 5 minute water/pee break and was on the treadmill at 4.0 w/incline of 2.0. Could definitely feel it in my thighs by the end of that work out. Calves are lookin' good. Not too sore for the most part and much stronger which is nice I could be delusional since I've only been working out for two weeks, but I like these kinds of delusions!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 21:32

BF:

Sunday 3/29

Aaaahhhhhh, relaxing...... DAY OFF

I almost feel guilty, like I should be doing something instead of sitting on my butt. Strange how quickly our perceptions change isn't it? Thank God it's for the better.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 10:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/304/178 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

Hi Cori, just stopped by to say a quick hello and hows the work outs going..

Have a good weekend...

ps. thanks for the compliment on my photo..hopefully I will be a tad smaller next year.

Bob
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 11:52

BF:
Default Monday March 29

Monday March 29 - The daycare was full at the Y so I grumbled the whole way home and just did 15-20 minutes at home of light weights and jogging in place. Not a great alternative, but the best I could come up with while watching two youngsters!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 11:54

BF:
Default Tuesday March 30th

Tuesday March 30th - Finally made it to the gym, and did some weights (40 minutes) then 20 minutes of stairclimber. Later that evening (5:25-6:25) I did a dance aerobics class at the Y. (me in aerobics class---> )I don't really get alot outta those classes. I don't feel like my heart rate really gets up there like with the treadmills and stairclimbers. Some of the step classes have me really pushing it, but some are kind of low key. So far so good though... I would have liked to keep my weights m-w-f, but not looking like that's an option when everyone is coming to the gym on those days. I might switch it to tues-thurs-sat. Oh well, I'll do what I can!

Last edited by corianin : Sat, Apr-03-04 at 12:10.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 11:58

BF:
Default Wednesday March 31st

Wednesday March 31st - Again tried to make it to the gym around 10am and the daycare was full. I'm not sure why I'm wasting $40/month on this dang gym if I can't go when I want! That's the only time I've got available to work out and do have the dedication to get there. I just wish everything would work out. I'm not a big fan of people standing in my way! Soooo, once again... wandered home but this time I headed back in the evening and got my cardio in. I wasn't gunna be stopped!!!!

Last edited by corianin : Sat, Apr-03-04 at 12:07.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 12:01

BF:
Default Thursday April 1st

Thursday April 1st - Was just waaaay too lazy today and didnt' even bother to make it to the gym, though I had enough time to do it... Grrr... *pokes herself in the pudge* get movin' girly!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 12:06

BF:
Default Friday April 2nd

Friday April 2nd - Well I was out and about most of the day with Kat, but made sure to get in my 35 minutes of weight training, then hopped on the treadmill for another 15 minutes before I had to run home to meet her. I have added additional weight the last few times I've been lifting. I can easily do 15-20 reps per machine, so I've been gradually upping the weights until I can squeeze out about 10-12 with a lot of effort. Not sure if that's what I should be doing, but it feels good afterwards. I was all hot and sweaty but felt good. We went out for coffee and I almost grabbed a mocha without thinking but settled on a large kenya w/cream. Don't wanna undo all the hard work at the gym!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 12:17

BF:
Default Saturday April 3rd

Saturday April 3rd - Well the daycare wasn't full. WOO WOO! Got there around 10:30 and got all my cardio in. Didn't do any weights because I did those yesterday. It's hard to keep all this stuff straight. I think I need to update my logs more than once a week. LOL! But I did 20 minutes of fat burner program on the stairclimber. Then hopped off that and headed to the treadmill at a 4.0 with an incline of 5.5 for 15 minutes. I could have gone longer but it was time to go get my kiddies from daycare and put them down for nap. I think I need to push myself a little more. I can feel my muscles working and they're somewhat fatigued by the end of the workout but nothing too strenuous. My target heart rate is usually around 23 or 24 when I'm working on the stairclimber, and it's dropping down to 20-22 when I'm on the treadmill, even with a higher incline. I don't wanna jog (big chest issues) but figured I could get a good workout with a good incline pushing me. I might have to just stick to the stairclimber or try the ellipticals. I haven't tried those before and they seem to fill up pretty fast. I wonder if they work the same types of muscles as the treadmill and stairclimbers. Or should I just stick with one kind of cardio workout for a few weeks, then switch it around? Hmm, all these questions I never thought I'd have to deal with... Much better than questions like "I wonder if they make this in an XL? "
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 09:45
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Cori you've gotta be the only person I know with a gym log and no journal LOL. I just stopped by to thank you for your sweet words in my gallery. No idea why but I go through these down stages usually around TOM when I'm like I will never loose this weight. Your workouts look great. Thanks for the info on the shoes. I have had a shine splint problem for as long as I can remember and I thought if I tried good shoes and the trade mill that it might help things. Nothing slims me out like running.

Gabrielle
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 07:05

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

Thanks for the compliment in my gallery! Keep working out and eating right, and you'll get there, you look quite fit already!

Jen